“Super, Smashing, Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quinta Lili

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Escondido
Quinta Lili
Cangrejos #104 | Carrizalillo, Puerto Escondido 54766, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 48 hotels in Puerto Escondido
middlesbrough, uk
“Super, Smashing, Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

I enjoyed my stay here very much! Very relaxing and laid back. It was walking distance from some beautifully quiet and secluded beaches. Staff where very helpful. I'll be visiting again one day!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

We were sad that we only had two nights to stay here on our recent trip to Mexico. Quinta Lili is fantastic. The beach is a short 5 minute walk away (loads more if you want to walk a bit further). Restaurants and a shop also nearby. Breakfasts (fresh fruit and sopas!) were great.

The rooms and clean and have nice outdoor space. The atmosphere is very friendly and laid back. Far and away the best part was our host - warm, friendly and knowledgeable. With her help we were really able to make the best of the short time we had.

• Liked — Our Hosts
  • Disliked — The handful of mosquitos that would find their way into our room.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

I spent almost a month at Quinta Lili. The entire time was total bliss. The building is beautiful, the pool is excellent as is the jacuzzi, and the entire place is so clean that you could eat off the floor! Luticia's breakfasts are amazing. You are within easy walking distance of one of the best beaches in the world and there is also a strip of shops and restaurants locally that can meet any of your needs. There is a min-mart that has everything including underwater disposable cameras, several coffee shops and good restaurants, a games shop, a library, etc. You never have to leave the area. I came for rest away from work and was entirely satisfied. But, the entire experience would not have been so perfect without Claire and Adelina. You arrive a stranger and leave family. They love Puerto and are happy to show anyone the treasures of the local cuisine, releasing turtles, the Laguna, anything at all. They go out of their way to make sure that you are picked up at the airport or dropped off at the bus station and happily drive you, when they can, anywhere within the area. It truly was a home away from home! I plan to return next year for another month. Thank you Claire and Adelina for making my rest and relaxation time so fantastic. My home is open to you anytime, always. I will never forget this beautiful experience, all thanks to you!

• Liked — cleanliness, friendliness, generosity and helpfulness of Claire and Adelina
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

First, let us tell about Puerto Escondido. It is exotic from the moment you step from the plane. Palms are everywhere and you immediately see the ocean. Quinta Lili is nearby a small beach that is exactly as if from the tourist brochure. Sand is perfect, water is great (clean & warm), and you can have a grilled fish with a fresh cocoa (highly recommended).

If you can wake up before 7am, you can take a dolphin tour. A boat with 6 people will take you far into the open ocean looking for dolphins. In our case, we met a group of about 200 (yes, it’s not a typo, two hundred) spinner dolphins. We don’t know how to describe it – it’s a task you Hemingway, not simple tourists like us. It is a must; the whole trip lasts about 4 hours.

Next, you can (and should) go to lagoon. This is a total National Geographic experience. Do you want to see pelicans, eagles, vultures, parrots, cormorants, and all other birds we can’t name? That’s the place you want to go. You take a boat with a guide (in our case, a very informative and passionate about wildlife guy), and spend about 5 hours in a completely non-urban area. You make a stop at a pristine beach where you can have a lunch.

Also, you should do some snorkeling. They have full equipment at Quinta Lili if you forgot to take yours. Go to the beach nearby the hotel and even without any skills you can explore the underwater world. Like “Finding Nemo” but live and real.

Food in Puerto Escondido is just amazing. Of course, fish and seafood. There is a place (“Flaming Pearl”), very close to the hotel, where you get very good and fresh seafood. Few doors further down the boulevard, there is a grill where they offer delicious quail. You won’t go hungry or unsatisfied in Puerto Escondido.

Finally, there is (so we’ve heard) a reef close to the village. We didn’t go there, but plan to do so next time we visit Quinta Lili.

As of the hotel itself, you can’t go wrong with Quita Lili. As other people wrote, it’s truly very friendly and the hosts (Adelina, Clair and Luis) make everything to make sure you have the greatest time ever. Clair picked us up from the airport, Adelina took us for the lagoon trip and local market (btw, If you are into local food and craft, ask Adelina since she knows the best places). They know everything about the village and local area. They always help you if you need them. They make you feel at home. And they care a lot about the place so what you get is a super clean and taken care of hotel.

We stayed at the top floor with a palapa roof (made of palm). Jacuzzi as well as shower and restroom were outside (on the terrace). You also have tv but we didn’t have time to turn it on. Our room was also equipped with iPod base so take yours if you want some music.

Quinta Lili has a pool that is great to hang around.

The neighborhood of the hotel is very nice and quiet. All houses (except for one) are of the same style that gives a nice ambiance. There are no loud bars around (btw, we think there are not many in the village neither; so if you are more for Acapulco-like experience, Puerto Escondido might not be for you) and the area seems very safe.

We will be back at Quinta Lili (apparently May is mango season so it sounds as a good excuse).

Kate & Konrad

PS We stayed at Quinta Lili btw Dec 22-26, 2008. Way too short. In order to fully experience what Puerto Escondido has to offer, you might want to consider the whole week (at least).

• Liked — location, staff, food, pool (everything?)
  • Disliked — that we had to leave
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

Well, what could I say?!
I was 2 times at Quinta Lili and every time it was so greeeeeaaaaat!
First I was there with my boyfriend in September 08 and I liked it so much that I had to show this place my parents the second time in November.
Actually I was in Queretaro for my internship. After this trip I told everybody that they have to visit this place because of the wonderful atmosphere, the great wheather, the great view, ...
And of course: Claire and Luis, you are the best hostel owner ever :-)
Muchos saludos y abrazos muy fuerte
Carina (Philipp, Martina y Andreas de Alemania)

Stayed September 2008
bellingham, washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

Well where do I begin and how much time do you have or need to make a no brainer decision. I was a first time visitor to Puerto Escondido, along with my son and daughter( in their mid twenties) my wife and seester in law. It was a remarkable experience upon first arriving, I thought perhaps we were visiting family, family that wanted to see us. Luis and Claire, along with Adelina have created a marvelous experience for guests in this special home/hotel perched on a bluff overlooking the Pacific just outside of the city. ( Less than a ten minute walk to downtown) From the location you have any service you will need within a couple of minute walk( even ping pong). You have your choice of distinct beaches too, within this time frame. A local beach with local flavor, another with fabulous snorkeling, and another featuring the best lobster under a palm leaved lean-too for less than 20 US.
But back to the host and hostess'es, well if there are nicer people in Mexico, I didn't meet any. They even will pick you up and may be able to take you to places you want to visit. On one occasion they set up a lagoon adventure in the afternoon, that ended with a beautiful sunset and swimming in the lagoon in phospherescent waters under a myriad of constellations, some of which I had never seen before, truly the skies here are clear. Not only did they arrange us transportation but we were fortunate enough to have them and a few friends accompany us on this botanical adventure.
Of course the breakfast prepared by the hosts is fabulous and it lasts for as long as you like. I you happen to go fishing, like my son and I and bring home some mahi mahi or sailfish or marlin, a bbq or oven and refrigerator is available to store your catch( up to a point, you'll probably have to give some away or notify everyone in the house that you are feeding them that night).
The rooms have sattelite tv if you care to check on your world or be momentarily pre occupied, They are clean and quiet and the location was admired after spending a few nights downtown where the music goes on until all hours.
Very accomodating and I hope someday I will visit again, for the pending of a much grander villa...Villa Lili,

the best to you LUIS and CLAIRE and ADELINA
jim

Stayed December 2008

Been to Quinta Lili? Share your experiences!