“The Tower Bridge ...what a place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Tower Bridge

The Hotel Tower Bridge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Escondido
The Hotel Tower Bridge
You added The Hotel Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido, Mexico   |
sydney
“The Tower Bridge ...what a place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

Steve the geez......and the Tower Bridge
What do you look for when you stay at a hostel while you are traveling away from home month after month?
Nice clean place,friendly atmosphere and owners who sit with you and interact and actually acknowledge you, sharing a beer and listening to good music, playing free pool, table tennis and jumping in the pool when the sun in Mexico gets the better of you!
I can tell you that hitting Tower Bridge has been so refreshing
Steve who is truly a good man looked after me while i was sick as a dog with dengue fever giving me a room in his house when the hostel was full
Its close to the nicest beach in the area and only a short cheap taxi ride to the main beach
If you are looking for a great place this is it!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cologne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

The hotel is a beautiful place, a very welcoming atmosphere awaits you there. It is only two km from the airport (but you do not hear it) and only 10 min on foot to the best beach of Puerto Escondido, the Playa Carizalillo.The bungalows are clean, nice and reasonably priced. All accomodations are situated around a lovely garden with benches and shade spending palapas. There is an open lounge with a pool table and an internet access.
We loved playing table tennis in the garden. You can always use the barbeque grill. The owner Steve is a former landscape designer and made best efforts in keeping palm trees and the swimming pool area in order. The upper bungalows also have a nice balcony which invites for relaxing.
Steve is a person that cares for everything but you should always tell him directly what you are expecting.
Have fun at this little paradise.

• Liked — great atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nijmegen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2007

Last year me and my boy-friend, have three amazing weeks at the Tower Bridge in Puerto Escondido.
Everything is realy perfect.....big bungalows(clean) nice pool, lounge area, i-net, pooltable, bbq place and a lot of fun....
This year we are going back with 7 people, to celebrate Christmas with Steve & Blacky, in El Paradiso.........the best home in Puerto...
So if you realy want a nice stay, go to The tower Bridge....

Hasta Luego, Anita & Michel

The Netherlands

Stayed December 2006
mexico city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

In August I made a reservation for December 2007 for 6 people and sent my deposit to hold the reservation. Randomly some time after that, I decided to check on the reservation and I was told that the prices had changed radically and that either I payed up or I could cancel and get my money back. They had not bothered to contact me and let me know this important information. I decided to cancel as I felt it is their responsiblity to keep up their website and honor the services and prices that they offer. The owner told me that during the week he would reinburse my credit card. It took a month and weekly emails to get back my deposit. The owner had to ask a friend in Oaxaca city to deposit the money for him whom I also had to contact excesively... very strange. All I wanted was my money back. The service was terrible, extremely unprofessional. I am glad this happpened though because the place sounds awful, I am thankful I didnt stay there and ruin my vacation.

• Disliked — lack of seriousness when conducting business
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

We met the english owner at another hostel in oaxaca and he recommended his hostel to us in puerto escondido. We decided to take him up on his offer and went down to stay at his hostel where we were assured a nice room with ceiling fan, tv, and a lovely pool to swim in. We arrived late at night to a bug infested room with a huge portable fan that sounded like an engine next to the bed and no t.v. The ensuite door was hanging off one hinge and there was no water, not even in the toilet. All this for 200 pesos per night. The hostel itself was run down and a dive, the pool needed cleaning and you had to use all your time on the internet or you forfeited your money. Plus it´s too far from town. Stay at the Mayflower for an extra 50 pesos with free internet, hot water, centrality and cleanliness.

• Liked — The temporary manageress was lovely and incredibly helpful and apolgetic.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
willard, mo., usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2006

My family and myself had an oppurtunity to spend a week in the Hotel Tower Bridge on the northside of Puerto Escodido, Mexico. The owner Mr. Brown , and his manager Beatriz, along with their wonderful black lab, Blacky make the travellers very welcomed. Most of the clientel are European backpackers, Australians, Canadians, and well seasoned American travellers. The hotel is very inexperienced, clean, and has a some screened kitchens. There is a wonderful pool table, a tennis table, a swimming pool, and a computer set up with a cable internet services. The decor is a blend of Devonshire-Southern Mexican, which is a unusual combination, but it seems to work out well. Mr. Brown is a ex-pat Englishman, he fell with Mexico, and tries his best to keep his visitors healthy, and happy. Muchas Gracias, Mel S. & Family....

Been to The Hotel Tower Bridge? Share your experiences!