We stayed at the villas for 1 week during our honeymoon in August '06 and it was the most memorable part of our entire trip. We stayed in the Puebla villa which had a view of the ocean and a lot of privacy. The rooms are clean, simple and perfect - not luxurious. If you're looking for luxury you should check into a mega resort in Puerto Vallarta. PE is all about simple, friendly beach living.
The grounds of the villas are beautiful as they are perched on a hiilltop overlooking Playa Carrizalillo. Every morning we would wake up and walk down the winding staircase to the beach. We would lay about the beach, or take surf lessons in the calm inviting waters. We often ate lunch at one of the many palapas lined along the beach. The beach is great for novice surfers because there are absolutely no attitudes on this beach. The pros are all at Zicatela.
When the day was done we would often meet up at the bar on the patio. This tiny "bar" was run by Ricardo every night from 6-10ish where he would make the absolute best Pina Coladas and Margaritas in PE. We loved this time because fellow guests in other villas would come out and chat. We met many cool people here and were often sad when people would leave. It felt like a really tight knit community because you would see the same people every night drinking at the bar. Then you would often break off and do your own thing or go out to dinner with new friends.
Basically, the villas are a very special place for us. We felt like we had a more personal vacation in Mexico as opposed to feeling like tourists who order room service, ride a banana boat, then leave.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Carrizalillo Hotel
- Villas Carrizalillo Hotel Puerto Escondido
- Carrizalillo Hotel Puerto Escondido
- Carrizalillo Resort Puerto Escondido
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Carrizalillo is a small boutique resort hotel in Puerto Escondido consisting of 12 uniquely designed units. The property is situated under a small palm grove atop a cliff side, overlooking one of the most scenic bays in the area. All Villas come equipped with air conditioning, kitchenettes, wireless internet, personal safes, and private outdoor areas. Other property amenities include a swimming pool, library/lounge and now Restaurant/bar Los Tugas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Villas Carrizalillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.