“Excelent Option” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Suites Villasol

You added Hotel Suites Villasol to your Saves list
Hotel Suites Villasol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loma Bonita 2 | Bacocho, Puerto Escondido 71980, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Puerto Escondido
Mexico City
“Excelent Option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

Really nice hotel, the everything here is amazing. Just 5 minute to Airport, with a really friendly staff, clean rooms, AC in good conditions. The food was really good. Breakfast is complete with Juice or fruit, including eggs. We are come back home with good impression about Puerto Escondido and of course of this Hotel. It's near from everywhere, Taxis are very cheap to Zicatela, El Adoquin, La Punta, Carrizalillo and Puerto Angelito. The farther beach is just about 10 minutes from this hotel.

This Hotel is OWESOME.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

Well I certainly would have to tell you that the first reviewer that said this was a Hotel from Hell was dead wrong. It was a hotel from Heaven.

Things have really changed at this hotel since late 2006 and the management has really done a makeover on the staff, rooms, restaurant and beach club. Attention to detail is now the norm.

Right from the first time we stepped into the lobby we were greeted by two friendly employees and the bellman. They took us over to the front desk where our room key and paperwork were all waiting for us to sign. It was very organized.

Then we were taken to our 2 bedroom apartment with a kitchen and a living room. It had a king bed in one room and two queens in the other. Lots of closet space, make-up area with a lighted mirror and a few end tables.

It was air conditioned and very clean. The kitchen had a gas stove, a small fridge, a microwave oven, a coffee maker, a blender, pots, and pans cooking utensils, glasses and silver ware.

Bathroom had a separate room for the toilet and a separate walk-in shower. The bathroom sink and vanity was very large. There were four large bath towels as well.

Just off the kitchen was a small living room with a couch, chair, TV with cable and a nice four-person dining room table and chairs.

The room overlooked a tree-cover pool that looked like a view from heaven. Just gorgeous is all I can say. I would take a chair out on the balcony and just sit there.

Most of the rooms have access to wireless internet as well so I was thrilled to be able to stay connected.

The restaurant has excellent food, an array of Mexican dishes and a beautiful setting. Soft music was playing and the view from the restaurant was looking at the pool and surrounding trees. There were lots of birds chirping and singing and just going crazy as the sun was setting.

The next day we went down to the hotel beach club that was complimentary as part of our accommodation. It had a few more pools with very above average service with drinks, food or whatever you wanted. They had a kitchen there that could prepare anything.

The swim up bar was fun as was just lying in the sun by the pool and looking out at the waves breaking in the ocean. Yes, just steps from a huge beach where you could walk for miles and probably not pass anyone.

This was definitely a romantic spot to visit and I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

The staff was friendly and courteous. Some English was spoken and one of the hotel managers spoke perfect English.

I can't believe that the one rater had such a bad experience but I suppose it could happen. Once you get to know the routine you can schedule your room cleaning for whenever suits you best.

Security was very good as well.

Just an all around wonderful stay is what you can expect.

I am going again for another two weeks later this month and I expect to be treated like family. What could be better?

• Liked — Four swimming pools - one was huge
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

Where do I begin? This was the single worst experience I, or my wife, have ever had at a hotel. We had paid over $150 USD per night. We knew this was awfully expensive for Mexic, but we accepted it as it was our honeymoonand it was during the Christmas high season.
When we arrived the people behind the desk didn't greet us, but rather brusquely gave us our keys and the security guy took us to our room. When we got to the room it was not what we had ordered and the room was a DUMP.
So we went back to the service desk where after much confusion we were given another room. Although the room was much nicer than the first one, it wasn't great but acceptable.
Then we found out the air conditioner wasn't working. As he left, the security/bell person asked if there was a TV in the room (????), which there was. After a few hours, when we returned from the beach (which is exceptional) we found the A/C was working (kind of).
That night we went to order room service. The woman answering the phone complained that they couldn't take our order because it would take too long to prepare any food, although we had called 20 minutes before the 10:00 cut off time. After us asking if there was ANYTHING they could deliver, they finally condescended to delivering us a couple of tlayudas. We went out to have a drink afterwards. I asked if they could make us mojitos. The person behind the bar asked me to wait a moment and disappeared. A full ten minutes later he returned with another person who saw the drink ticket in my hand and asked if I intended to use it for the drinks. Then he told me they couldn't make us mojitos. So ended Day One.
On the morning of Day Two my new wife and I were in bed on our romantic getaway from hell when there was a knock at the door. It was two people who said they were checking to see if the room was occupied and afterwards asked us if we wanted our room cleaned that day! DUH! When I looked at my watch and it was 8:30 AM! So they were hassling every guest early in the morning just to find out if the rooms were occupied and if the guests wanted their rooms cleaned... At that point we knew we had arrived at a very unpleasant corner of the Twilight Zone.
When we stepped out of our room to go to breakfast we were hit by a person trying to sell us a tour, giving us the hard sell. When we got to the breakfast area, most of the food and drinks were gone and what was left was in pretty bad shape. Then we had to wait for 20 minutes for them to get utensils and glasses to together.

And that was just a portion of the first 24 hours there...

Puerto Escondido is absolutely beautiful though and is highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2004

A real nice Hotel at the edge of lovely Puerto Escondido. The place is very quite - ideal for people who like to experience nature and families. You can reach the city centre and the airport with a cab just in five minutes. The hotel offers an own beach-club which made me feeling like in paradise. (Or in Hawaii.. ;) The waves - too.) Just incredible. I've been travelled around to many places - but here - at the Hotel Villa Sol - I've met a staff - that treated me like a family member. Prices are above the average (in the town-centre) - but if you like some comfort and service - you should afford this.

• Stayed January 2004

Been to Hotel Suites Villasol? Share your experiences!