“Best Spot in Zicatela” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Hotel Ines

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Escondido
Beach Hotel Ines
You added Beach Hotel Ines to your Saves list
Calle del Morro s/n | Col.Marinero, Puerto Escondido 71986, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Puerto Escondido
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Spot in Zicatela”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

As a solo traveler, I was at Hotel Ines for 10 nights at the end of October, still low season. Nathallie accommodated me with a good price (500 pesos/night) in a room with a kitchenette as I requested. My room was like a small apartment.

The hotel is right in the center of everything in Zicatela. Good surf break right across the street, restaurant, boutiques, bars... My room in Building D was great as it was further on the site and quieter than directly on the street, windows on both sides for a good breeze at night and the sheet and towels were changed everyday.

There was 2 morning were I was woken up at 8 by employees doing some reno, but except that, no problem sleeping. Be also ready to be bugged by sellers coming on the hotel ground to sell you hamaca, jewelry, vases, etc. It's everywhere on the strip anyway!

The staff is very friendly and you'll have to try their steak at the restaurant. Amazing!
I was doing my laps every night at the pool and got the opportunity to chat with the owner, Peter, around a gin&tonic and a tequila! I love the place. I'll go again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

we stayed at hotel Ines for about 10 nights, hotel Ines is the best ypu can find ( trust me... we looked for others) at the best location.
the hotel is centerd in the main street, the rooms are very cleen, with A/C , TV ...
the resturant is graet, try the fillte mingion!!!

thay have all kind's of rooms, so if you are on a badjet, thay can offer severl options.

it was our honey moon and it was perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love this place. The location is amazing, directly across the road from the magnificent beach with is amazing waves and beautiful sunsets. The room was perfect for what I needed, comfy bed, wifi, hot shower and the price was right! I appreciated that they had a room and a price for single travellers. The pool area is a great place to hang out, relax and meet people. The restaurant serves good food but there are also so many great restaurants outside your door. The owner of the property is also very helpful. I've been here twice now and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There are lots of options with rooms (kitchens, views, balconies etc.) so just tell them what you wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had a great time staying at Hotel Ines, spent a lot of time diving with the in house dive company "Deep Blue Dive". The hospitality here was second to none, service with a smile and very active environment on Zicatela. Couldn't go passed a better place!

Room Tip: Best accom for Divers and Surfers alike!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Mad lil spot right near all the action. Scroll to bottom for story about how I was getting barreled regularly. Rooms clean, staff pretty helpful, great location. Anyway yeah was just going out for a surf across the roads and getting mad barrels all day just like pull in and wapowwwww* suddenly got a roof of water over your head, totally froth worthy looking up seeing phat slabs of h20 smashing over your head yeweewwwwwwww.

• Stayed August 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. In h bes location in town. Th poms all surround he pool, bar and restaurant which make for good vibes in the afternoon. The rooms were clean and simple. Not too loud either. Within walking distance of bars restaurants like fish tacos yum! The only thing is that it seems like hy need more staff one lunch order of guacamole and pasta took 1;15hr..there was only two other people eating. I think because there under staffed they get a bit rude. Also when we checked out we had to wait 2hr for our bus so to store our luggage it would cost us 60 pesos. Tightasses. Anyway good stay all up!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times throughout the years. When going to Puerto, I wouldn't stay anywhere else now. I love their atmosphere, balconies overlooking the waves on Zicatela, cheap and delicious breakfast at the hotel restaurant, the beautiful pool, access to all the wonderful things to find in the shops and restaurants along this stretch of beach. Even the diversity of choice when it comes to room selection. Taxis from here to beaches where you can swim are also cheap. All around it's great and has a great surfer vibe due to the surfer crowd on Zicatela. People come here from all over the world for the waves on that beach. I would recommend this place for all these reasons. The ONE thing I ever had a problem with here was the staff--who can be grumpy and unhelpful at times. They once were going to double-charge me for my stay there because they somehow lost their record that I had already paid when I checked in, and then were rude when I tried to get it sorted out with them. If they hadn't sorted it out, I probably would have just left (I had all my things out of the room by this point). So I guess one could say they are a bit disorganized as well.

Room Tip: Choose a room with balcony overlooking the beach. You will not regret spending extra for the view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beach Hotel Ines? Share your experiences!