“Arco Aires” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arco Iris

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Escondido
Hotel Arco Iris
You added Hotel Arco Iris to your Saves list
Calle del Morro s/n | Col. Marinero, Box 105, Puerto Escondido 71980, Mexico   |
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Puerto Escondido
pt,pleasant nj
“Arco Aires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The last time I was in Puerto Escondido I stayed at the Arco Aires the pool was not even finished yet but everyone that work there was great when I come back I will be staying at the Arco Aires for sure

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oaxaca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Puerto Escondido has blossomed in recent years and there are many new hotels at every price range. Hotel Arcoiris is an older hotel with parking, pool, restaurant, wi-fi,and landscaped grounds. It is across from the longest beach (Zicatela) which has many beachfront restaurants. However, there is almost always a dangerous undertow at Zicatela. We went to the beach nearer to town (to the right as you exit the hotel) where you can see the fishing boats but not near to them -- good bodysurfing. We had drinks at the upstairs restaurant/bar at sunset and the drinks were good and there was live music some nights. Our room was very large with an overhead fan which was like a jet but we were on the ground floor and I got warm at night even with the fan. There are rooms with air conditioners and I think the higher rooms will be cooler at night. Although my friend liked the hotel, I think I would look for one nearer to the beach where we bodysurfed. In low season, the beachside bar/restaurants provide lounge chairs with umbrellas for free if you buy drinks or snacks, which we did.

Room Tip: The weather during the early part of the year can be very hot at Puerto Escondido so you may want to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kenwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have just returned from our 12th winter visit to Arco Iris and can say that the service and appointments only get better and better each year. The rooms are authentic 'old Mexico', rustic and colorful, impeccably clean, and almost every one has a gorgeous view of the pounding ocean. Zicatela Beach is known among surfer enthusiasts as the "Mexican Pipeline". But just a few minutes further down the beach and around dramatic rock formations exists Playa Principal for swimming in calm, clear waters. The Arco management and staff are wonderfully accommodating and make every effort to make their guests comfortable. As long as you don't take advantage . . . this is Oaxaca afterall and Puerto Escondido is a small fishing village with no high rises or cruise ships and where and things move at a slower pace (which the clever, cheerful owner refers to as "Mexican Time". All in good fun.) Of course the internet is spotty at moments . . . where isn't it? . . . but my husband and I are able to successfully manage our business from our room, overlooking the sparkling Pacific for 6 glorious and relaxing weeks. Most of our days are spent devouring books in our hammock after an hour's morning swim, 5-mile beach walk, and a delicious breakfast served by the caring, friendly staff. Arco Iris is our home in Mexico. We salute our friends there, miss them, and can't wait 'til our return.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view, although most have one!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
united kindom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Have returned her for Xmas many times over the last 20 years, on my own and also with my son from him being 5 years until now 12 years. All Staff especially Juliette and Jupiter are fantastic, helpful and welcoming. Rooms functional, roomy and clean. most with own balconies looking over the beach and the sunset. Perfectly placed, reasonable price. Great place to chill out, pool area good place to hang out, restaurant facilities perfect. Very child friendly, but not over run by them. Only down side is that over recent years it has got a bit noisy on the street in front of the hotel late at night from partying. A few bars nearby think they are in Ibiza, but doubt they will be around for long spoiling the chilled out atmostpher of the place, and to be fair I am normally there at Xmas and New Year and I choose to stay in rooms at front of hotel so my problem. Would always recommend. I always feel I have gone to my second home when I arrive.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep well get room at back of hotel looking down on pool instead of one facing stree...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Kigali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I really loved this hotel and found its grounds and quiet environment wonderful. It seems a tiny bit dated with the light fixtures and such, but it appealed to me completely and feels very much like "old Mexico" with the ferns and stone steps and painted tiles, etc. My room was reasonable, cheaper than many of the surrounding hotels considering the amenities (restaurant, pool, tourist shop, ATM, massage, and more) although I will agree with one reviewer who had troubles with the internet. I also could not get internet in my room and was obligated to sit outside and getting bitten up by mosquitoes as that is the only place I could get a good connection. So I was disappointed with this aspect, but otherwise I found this hotel very sweet. Staff were super nice, the room was clean and had exactly what I needed (including a very nice veranda with hammock) and at a very good price with central, PERFECT location right on the main street near all the shops, restaurants, and beach. Loved it!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Telemark, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I spent at hotel Arcoiris for 3 months while I where doing my studies there( sep-nov2010). everything was great! the staff where excellent, everything I needed help for they would come and help. the food was good, the rooms where clean and had good space, and they had internet.
the location is wery good, it is right next to the beach, not far from shops, restaurants, bars and cinema, and if you would like to walk to the city it only take about 10-15min, and a taxi is always nearby. the people , life and culture at zicatela beach is perfect! I promise if you go here you will not regret!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I booked a room by phone and they quoted me a price of 500 pesos per night including breakfast but when I checked in I was told that breakfast was an extra 100 pesos! Real good for a start! Then it got worse very quickly! My room was ocean-view but right on the road and out of the six nights I stayed there I couldn't sleep three! Very loud students residing at the hotel went out all night every night and looked so bad in the morning at breakfast you didn't have to run a breathalyzer test on them!
My room was very hot and because of the noise it was not possible to keep the window opened. The staff seemed totally unconcerned, very unprofessional, smiled a lot but nothing ever happened... The management was nonexistent if they have ever heard of hotel management!
A very bad experience indeed and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Go sleep somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Arcoirishotel, Gerente at Hotel Arco Iris, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Hi. I reply to someone who said that we have rooms near to the way?? and there are a lot of noice..sorry we dont have any room near to the way, we are infront of the beach in a quite small street, so maybe noice from the bar infront of the hotel?? and our rates are betwen 70 to 90 u.s.d and if offer to him 50 u.s.d is because we make a good discount, so this person are wrong in his details and complains.
I would like him write to me directly for to explain more about our services.
thanks and have a good time.
Rebeca Castro.
Gerente de Operación.
HOTEL ARCOIRIS

Been to Hotel Arco Iris? Share your experiences!