“Business Oriented” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sigree

Sigree
Platinum Techno Park, Behind Raghuleela Mall | Sector 30 A Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai (Bombay) 400703, India
+91 22 2570 8967
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Business Oriented”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The decor is nice, with an upmarket feel, Christmas theme and the food is pretty good and served with a smile. The entrance is common for Sigree(Indian cuisine restaurant), Main Land China and a Bengali sweet shop and the host is also common for both the restaurants. We were confused where the entrance for Sigree was, so when we entered,we asked the host he greeted us and directed us. Even though we said it was a dinner for 2 we were seated on a table of 6 in the middle of the room. 1 side of the table had chairs the other a bench, very uncomfortable for a woman and definitely not romantic.
The food was good, some Bengali meat curry, never had before for appetizer we had fish in Mustard, Food portion just enough no side salads or extras....
The washroom was very clean.
Would definitely recommend for family, friends and business dinner but not a romantic place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Thane, Maharashtra, India
“A nice restaurant with decent food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The entrance is common for Sigree(Indian cuisine restaurant), MLC and a Bengali sweet shop and the host is also common for both the restaurants. When I entered, he greeted me and asked me which restaurant I wanted to visit. I told him that I had a reservation in Sigree. He checked my name, told the concerned person in Sigree that I was coming and asked me to go straight up.
They give you an option between Ala carte and buffet. I opted to try their buffet as it was looking pretty wholesome.
The soup was delicious, as were all the starters. The only negative aspect of it was that only after my plate was empty for some time did they bring the replenishment. It should have been a constant supply until I said "no" to them.
Buffet layout was pretty basic where the Desserts were kept at the extreme left, followed by all the Veg dishes, Non Veg dishes and the Salad bar. We took some salad and came back to the table. All the salads, except one were very tasty. There was this Corn Potato salad, which, when we tasted, we found out that the potato was stale.
They only serve Roti or Naan in the Buffet(no Garlic naan, mind you) and the curries are good.
Desserts are ok(not very good, not very bad either) and the overall impression of the restaurant was good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The decor is nice, with an upmarket feel and the food is pretty good and served with a smile. The crowd was a mix of corporates and local families, which is always a good sign.

Recommended.

Visited November 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Weekday buffet lunch.... a real treat.....!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Its only fair that I write about what I have tried at this res... and that is weekday buffet lunch.... but then..... you can always extrapolate and guess what is in store for you if you visit it at other times.....
The price of NV buffet was reasonable.... with four NV and four V starters..... In addition there were fairly good choices available in the buffet spread....
Since we went for NV starters, I can only comment on that.... There was variation in the quality and taste... and while some were excellent... some barely made the mark... but the quality doesn't fall below... good....
The staff is good, helpful and warm... but do not smother you with attention... which is a good thing....
Being in the same complex as Mainland China and Sweet Bengal, you have choices available for type of food as well as desserts.... and that really helps at times...
Location is good and parking is normally not an issue...
So if you are in Navi Mumbai, looking for a good place to eat... and are comfortable with primarily North Indian fare... this is your place... !!
PS: we got some take away for our sons and they did a good job of it !!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thane, Maharashtra, India
“A decent restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

They try to please you by being extra courteous. You have an option of Ala Carte and Buffet. Last time I visited, I tried their Buffet and it was ok ok. Not as good as BBQ Nation though(they have the similar concept of 5 starters, main course and dessert).
The price of the buffet was I think close to 500 bucks and I didn't think the food was worth it. If it would've been close to Rs.300, it would've been a great deal but not for Rs.500.
The service is average(I experienced a delay in serving the starters). The staff is courteous(I liked Sanjeet who was knowledgeable and more importantly was always smiling).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere