It was our first holiday with our new baby and we wanted a place that was baby and dog friendly. We wanted everything to be easy and were not disappointed. It was great to not have to pack everything for our little one. The house was immaculate, we stayed in the 2 bedroom Rock and it was so nice we really wanted to stay longer. It was lovely to be able to have our dog with us. Normally the accomodation that allows dogs is not as nice as the non-dog accomodation. This is not the case here. Dogs are not allowed upstairs (fine with us) and definitely not allowed on the beds. Our dog enjoyed the holiday as much as we did.
The resort owners were lovely and asked us how we would improve the site. We said the swimming pool changing rooms could be easier for people with small babies and they told us of their plans to improve those.
We used the babysitting service and had a meal in Padstow (at Custard - which was excellent). Originally we were not going to use it but the owner assured us that they do and the sitters are all child care qualified and police checked. The lady was lovely. It was a bit expensive but we were happy to pay it for the peace of mind.
The resort cured grumpy time! We would take our girl for a swim and then sit in the bar with her for a drink before taking her home. She slept so well, it was lovely. The swimming pool is warm and the same depth so it is easy with a baby. I think toddlers and children who are learning to swim might miss a shallow end but that is a small point. The owners have plans to add a pool at a later date which I think will be essential as the resort gets bigger - the pool was fine when we were there but I can imagine in peak season it will be quite cramped.
If we were to stay for longer, we would definintely pay for an additional clean after a week. I don't like to do housework on holiday.
The staff were lovely and really helpful. It was raining one evening and they drove me and the baby back to our lodge in the resort buggy - I didn't ask they noticed and offered. That's wonderful service.
It really was a most wonderful place to stay and we are hoping to go again soon.
- Also Known As:
- Retallack Hotel
- Retallack Hotel St Columb Major
- Retallack Hotel Cornwall
- Retallack Resort And Spa St Columb Major, Cornwall, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the picturesque fishing village of Padstow, the idyllic shopping town of Wadebridge, and the British Surfing capital of Newquay, we provide the ideal location for any holiday agenda. Offering both Short Breaks and Weekly stays in our luxury 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 bedroom Self-catering Lodges both family holidays and romantic getaways are just a click away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Retallack Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.