“Nice little place to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: English
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice little place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We went to the Weld twice while we were on holiday in Lulworth Cove for half term. Lovely place, staff nice, food was lovely although did have to wait a while between courses on the second visit. But would definitely go again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Customer service and food - awful!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Having heard many good things about this pub, we thought why not give it a go! We sat down waited over 10 minutes for the staff to notice us, ordered drinks and food at the same time, then waited over 20 mintues for food we only ordered soup and a sandwich, and they didnt seem busy - now this is where the fun begins! The (i think manager) sat for most of our 1 hour stay siting on a table talking to her family, completly ignoring us, she didnt seem to be on a break as would pop up and fetch drinks and food for her table. Our food came and having waited a long time only excellent food would do, how disappointing! The salad wasnt washed and was really gritty, the bread roll for the sandwich was stale and not warm, the beef was verging on going off. It was slimy, grey, cooked well done, tough and unusually shinny and tasted of fridge. The soup was really watery and again the bread was rock hard and cold. We weren't the only table to have issues. Now for customer service from the so called manager, a table next to us complained about the salad before we had received our food, she was told that the salad was only a garnish and not to be eaten, however ours was dressed, and had onion and tomato in so im not to sure was a garnish, the manager really needs to learn about customer service and tend to her guests and perhaps not showing off to her family. Having not eaten any of our food, we where given it complimentary all be it after a bit of a to-do with the manager.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

After years of coming to Lulworth cove and making sure we always came to eat at The Weld Arms (as before the food, atmosphere and service was amazing) I thought I would bring my husband for the first time for lunch. Worst choice on my part I think I've ever made.
When we arrived after a long three hour walk we walked in to a very dull atmospheric room with an extremely glum looking group of girls standing behind the bar. A rather disappointing first impression. After waiting for ten minutes for someone to acknowledge us we found an empty seat at a dirty table with left over crockery and glasses, considering they werent busy and the glum girls we constantly standing around or talking to their own family members I was a little annoyed especially as we ourselves had to clean the dirty dishes away and take them to the bar.
Now the ordering again waited for about ten-fifteen minutes for one of the glum girls to take our order, however when head glum girl came over we were asked very rudely "R u wanting to eat?", I did feel like saying no we just thought we would come into a pub just to sit here, I think there are nicer ways to talk to your customers!!
We ordered a soup - pumpkin, honey and thyme and my husband ordered a beef baguette.
Well what a disappointment...after waiting another 25-30minutes for food one of the glum girls brought our food and quite literally dropped our plates in front of us. I was quite lucky I didn't get burnt by the hot soup to be honest.
The soup was so watery I don't think you could even call it soup, it certainly didn't taste of pumpkin more like a honey and thyme health drink with large crunchy bits of thyme - not pleasant. The bread and butter that came with was appalling, if I threw it at someone I could of killed them it was like a bullet!!!
My husbands baguette, well the bread was stale, the beef smelt off, it was slimy and had that silvery tinge to it and was grey and the salad was liked it had been dressed with sand instead of salt and pepper. Not appetising to say the very least.
We had a mouthful of each item and left the rest, it took the glum girls a further 25 minutes to realise we weren't eating our food even though we had one of them sitting with her family next to us. I believe she was the manager ( though not manager material) for the day as when we asked another of her colleagues they answered she is but only because she knows the owner. However we now know all about her family's up and coming wedding invitation to a friend or relatives wedding, she was so rudely talking ever so loudly about such event and with foul language...a word of advice don't talk like that infront of customers whether your with family of not.

It's such a shame as I have eaten there many times before, I had heard that it got taken over by new management but had high hopes. I certainly will not be going back there again and I feel sorry for anyone else that has to face the disgusting overpriced food there and the unprofessional service.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Havant, United Kingdom
“Pre Wedding Day meal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our group were disappointed with the food served.Bar and Restaurant Staff very attentive, beer good,

Visited November 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went here with some friends who had not been there before. All meals were excellent and the staff were great. Although they were very busy the service did not suffer. Would definitely recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere