It would take only some tweaking to take this property so-so to fantastic. On one hand, you have an amazingly beautiful location and awesome facilities, on the other hand, issues with room comfort, food and small but important details. I would love to see the place taken up a notch, it would be a great getaway spot for a few days and I would surely become a regular visitor, especially in the fall. This is a very long review, posted in hope that my suggestions wil be considered.
Lots of flies in the main chalet rooms during some times of the year - I am not sure what could be done about it, maybe not house people in the worst parts of the place when the chalet is mostly empty. Or offer regular vacuuming BEFORE the client complains. Very warm in rooms, windows don't open, just the patio door, which I was not willing to leave unlocked at night because they are all easily accessible. Noise travels in the main chalet and conversations in the lobby reverbate through the building.
The atmosphere is great in the chalet, beautifully decorated, but what about the television that is on at all times of the day in the eating area, even during dinner???
Dinners are included in the price, efforts are made in making this a nice meal but there are hits and misses. Having a French owner, we expected solid fare but the food fell short of the mark. One example: people at other tables complained of too much vinagar in the house salad (and I agree) but the owner did not seemed fazed at all. Soups were very thin, on the salty side. Many main dishes require paying extra, otherwise limited in choices. We were satisfied with our main dishes. Same sides two nights in a row. Coffee is just OK - not up to what is served in France so this is surprising. Breakfasts are the most disappointing, lots of store bought items (ex: small boxes of cereals) - it made me think of something meant to feed large groups. What about some local cheeses and some imagination with the egg dishes?
Maybe the owners don't want to invest in these improvements. They seem to have enough clientele from Europe. Maybe one day I will try again for the pleasure of enjoying the location, but in the meantime I spend my fall vacations somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Couleurs De France Hotel
- Auberge Couleurs De France Hotel Duhamel
- Auberge Couleurs De France Duhamel, Quebec
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near lac simon , log wood auberge with 16 roms and 4 suites all equiped with jacuzzi and fire place(10 rooms)Outdoor SPA and massagesfrench cuisine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Auberge Couleurs de France reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.