“Great design, staff not trained to assist tourists.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Purificadora

You added La Purificadora to your Saves list
La Purificadora
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Callejon de la 10 Norte 802 | Paseo de San Francisco, Barrio el Alto, Puebla 72000, Mexico   |
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in Puebla
usa
“Great design, staff not trained to assist tourists.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel is beautifully designed. Looks like the owners of this hotel/ hotel group spend all their resources on the design aspect and none on training staff. The idea that an untrained front desk staff can perform the duties of a mature concierge desk just does not work. Our trip was almost ruined because the staff booked a car which did not fit our group and could not make alternate arrangements in time.

I do not blame the staff, they try sufficiently hard, but without adequate training or experience or oversight it is hard for them to anticipate the needs or assist the tourists. The phone number on the website does not work either. They are super disorganizedband were unable to complete simple tasks and close the loop. There is no proper system in place make sure a task is completed. They made appoint ts to a spa which does not exist or at least after an hour of searching we could not find it.

To summarize if you are a tourist do not stay here unless you are very familiar with the city or can make all your own arrangements.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Aguascalientes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Hotel is conveniently located DownTown Puebla, it is new, very clean, very good service nd attention. The Hotel was built on the Shell of a very Old Water Purification and Ice fabric built with Stones, Glass and Wood. It has a Great Interior Decoration and architecture, the stairs are made all from thick glass, has a small Crick waterfall on the main Stone ladders.
Very Comfortable and spacious rooms. Nice views from all romos to surrounding parks, Green áreas, churchs. Great View both dfaytime and nigjht time.
It is a Boutique Hotel, Very Expensive $ 190 USD Room Rate, it was worth.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jesus,
It was an honor to be your home in Puebla during your last visit, and I am glad to learn that we were able to deliver such a good experience. I will be sharing your review with my team. Our architecture and interior design is in fact outstanding and very enjoyable, so please do not hesitate contacting me on your next visit to Puebla so that I can personally arrange a guided tour of the hotel to fully comprehend the historic and architectonic value of the building.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We only stayed one night in this hotel but we really liked it. Great location to walk into the centre, amazing and unique design lobby and funky rooftop bar with a pool, great views and the rooms are clear, spacious and full of design features. My only negative comment is about the restaurant where the food and service are wonderful but because the place is all open air it was really cold when we went and a little too dark. Fantastic staff and efficient service.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LondonCymruambyth,

I am happy to hear that our location and iconic design was able to live up to your expectations. I do apologize if the temperature and lightning in our Restaurant wasn’t to your satisfaction, I can assure you that our waiting staff is always willing to adjust the lightning or rearrange the outdoor heathers upon request. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us, as we are constantly seeking areas of opportunity to make our guests’ experience even better.

Rougemont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Only stayed one night, but very impressed with the modern architecture of this building. Gorgeous rooftop pool/lounge area with panaramic views of the city. Rooms were spacious and hip. Very close to restaurants/shops and local markets. Definitely a return visit to plan.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
Dear wetracing.
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at La Purificadora.
On behalf of all Employees of La Purificadora, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in Puebla.
We are so glad to hear your stay was enjoyable.
La Purificadora is your home.
We look forward to your return!
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Don't get carry away just by the decor, this hotel will disappoint you I can guarantee it. The location is just ok, considering other choices in the city center like El Sueño, then there is :
1.- Finding the place is it an absolute nightmare , Google map will take you to Toluca, and you have to use Waze to make sure you get there or ask locals
2.- There is no parking and you must use there valet which by the way stole my cell phone, I will come back to this
3.- There is THE NOISE, I was given a room facing a bar and I had the band in my room, I complained and they changed me to another that equally I could hear, but is not only the bar it is the whole place , the way it is build and the sort of structure is like an echo house, you can hear everything, only for this I was going to change but
4. The was the phone stolen, sine there is no choice but valet I had 2 phones and took only one, I thought it was safe and didn't care to look for it sine I wanted to go to city center, in the morning I found it was gone, this triggered my departure ! , the manager Francisco was highly concerned and did everything to make me change my mind ans stay, even offered me a free stay and upgrade but I declined , mostly for the noise. I should have known better since they offer ear plugs in the room as part of the amenities, I have stays in many hotels around the world and never saw this, I shoudl have read the signals.
5. The bathroom, oh! The bathroom , it is all glass in the hotel, from staircases to, pool to the entire room (BTW, it might contribute to the Echo and noise), including the closet wannabe, when I took the shower the water spilled out and run freely outside the shower.
The property is beautiful from a design point of view, purely design it is not practical for a hotel, but the rest except for Francisco and the front desk staff, don't work. The restaurant service is not friendly and the breakfast was ok (I ordered by menu, after asking for it because I didn't want the buffet)
Overal, very traumatic experience, I had to change hotel to the President Intercontinental, that doesn't have the best location but service and room were awesome!
Do yourself a favor and avoid this property and you will not regret it, Puebla is a beautiful city full of places to see and enjoy and don't let the hotel spoil your stay as La Purificadora did to me

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear AlbertoMiami_Florida.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay.
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us.

I talked to the valet parking company and they told me that you didn´t report the phone when you leave your vehicle, however, the phone was in the same place when they gave you the car in the morning. I have here the ticket, and indeed there is nothing reported.
About the second phone, you went out at night, maybe, you left the phone somewhere else.
Anyway, I checked the parking cameras and no one gets inside the car after you've gone.

I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for sharing.
Acapulco, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I am going to try to be absolutely fair in this review. We got off to a VERY bad start. After getting up before dawn and a long drive from Acapulco, we navigated to Purificadora using "Waze" (usually very reliable) and were extremely surprised when it took us directly to a water purifying plant in a rather grim area. We then tried navigating with "AroundMe" which got us to the Convention Centre which we then drove around for another hour in heavy traffic, asking several people who eventually got us to the hotel which has no visible signs. On enquiring about this we were given some excuse about government permits bla bla bla. The neighbouring Casareyna meanwhile is perfect signed. Needless to say by then we were tired and exteremely crabby.
We had booked our CORNER SUITE (M) in July and were surprised on being shown to a room. Admittedly it was a very nice room, but a room nonetheless. Now I don't know what springs to mind when YOU think of a corner suite, but what I think of, at the very least, is a large room with a pleasant sitting area where 2 people can sit together and relax. This room had one office chair at the desk area and one not very comfortable chair by the window. This in my mind is not a suite and after having a melt down (of which I am slightly ashamed) we were informed by the manager who had been summoned, that they couldn't move us as they were fully booked and that room M IS a corner suite. I pointed out that I could call myself a Vogue front cover model, but it doesn't make it true!!!. I tried to pull out of the booking but Amex were very slow and meanwhile the congress which was our main reason for being in Puebla in the first place, was about to begin, so we stayed put. I was so irked by this room/suite issue that I found the following: http://enlightenme.com/what-is-the-difference-between-a-hotel-suite-and-a-room/ I was also slightly irked by the fact that the products (actually very nice) were not the advertised Kiehls ones.
Having recovered from our initial anger, we settled in to what proved to be a very enjoyable stay, the ROOM (not suite) was comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful, the hotel is quite spectacular (don't look too closely) and the breakfast buffet very much to our taste and beautifully presented. We had dinner in the hotel twice and were agreably surprised by both quality and value. Somebody mentioned in another review that the Habita group are more about form than function and I would agree with this, having stayed in several others, and also add that this particular property could use some micro-management as we noticed various silly little things that needed fixing. Maybe the manager should spend a night in each room and really see what needs fixing. The hotel is incredibly convenient for the Convention Centre and the touristy areas are all within walking distance. We would definitely stay there again, but next time will NOT be wasting any money on a "suite". All in all when dealing with Purificadora, do not believe all you read as their idea of truth in advertising is very flexible.

Room Tip: Do not be fooled by the word SUITE. Suite M is just a ROOM and it has a lousy view.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear archibalda,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us at La Purificadora. We truly appreciate all of our guests feedback as it often times pinpoints areas of needed focus.
I will share your review with the leadership team.
La Purificadora is your home in Puebla and I hope you can give us the pleasure to show you the other 6 rooms categories that we have and, if you want, you can stay in the Top Suite. You going to love it!
We look forward to your return!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

I been there 4 times one of which was my wedding day. Yes, we decided to get married in La Purificadora because hotel is beautiful. We loved how the traditional and modern Mexico meet in Legorretta's architectural proposal. The amount of detail in every corner is just amazing. Our guests agreed in the beautiful scenery. The only problem we had is people being afraid of the crystal floors and stairs of the top floor. We had guests that had to use the service elevator just to avoid them. Besides that, the food and the place made our wedding day unforgettable.

Room Tip: As the hotel is near the Puebla's Expo Center they are constantly playing loud music that may or...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear bik0zita,

It is great to hear back from you guys, as it was a great honor to be part of such an important moment in your lives. I am glad to read that everything from the food to the service went as good as expected, since our main goal was and will always be to make sure that every single details adds up to a perfect and memorable event for the bride and groom and their guests. We hope to still be able to celebrate with you during anniversaries and future special occasions.

Francisco De La Hoz Foglia

Been to La Purificadora? Share your experiences!