“Beautiful Hotel in a Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 81 hotels in Puebla
Clio, Michigan
“Beautiful Hotel in a Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great hotel, great property, and a Great staff really help to make your stay here excellent. The staff helped me with my taxi request as well, as I had to make sure to find a company that took credit, they not only booked the taxi for me, but allowed me to charge to my room. I was on the second floor, and there are no elevators. However the part of the hotel I stayed at was in the back, and down a rather steep hill from the main part of the building, so I was able to walk almost right to my room from ground level. I carry a suitcase, as well as a 65lb toolbox, and the staff made sure I had help whenever I asked for it.

The breakfast bar was very nice, with some American food choices as well, and after breakfast, they always had several cans of soda on ice free for the taking. Room service was very friendly, and many great choices in the menu.

The room was very spacious. My only down side was the heat never got above 67 degrees in my room when it got cold at night, however during the day, my room was very comfortable. The hotel has 2 pools, a gym, and a spa for your downtime as well, but I did not sample them at this time. I will definately keep this property in mind for my next return to Puebla!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rafael R, Director Comercial at Marriott Puebla Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear "talimar"

I want to thank you for your comments about your stay in Puebla, I am proud of the service you received from our associates and I did a note about the temperature in your room. We will track your room assigned and we will review the air conditioning.

Once again thank you for stay and share whit us you experience in Marriott Puebla!

Best regards!

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Erlangen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located, if you are on a business trip.
The breakfast buffet is excellent. The rooms are clean and spacious.
There are two outdoor pools in a nice garden area.
A couple more power sockets would be nice.
This is my favorite hotel in Puebla

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr Juergen S

Thank you for sharing your comments with others travelers, I am glad you had an enjoyable experience in our property.

We thank you for your preference!

Rochester, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

The Marriott has the best in house restaurants for both breakfast and dinner. For socializing after work, it's a fun atmosphere. there are two swimming pools and a workout facility. They also offer happy hour Monday through Friday after work.

• Stayed November 2013
Rafael R, RM at Marriott Puebla Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Kurtiemon,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your last stay with us, I am very pleased that you enjoyed the service in our property, I will share your comments with our team i am sure this will continue to increase the service of our associates to our guests and clients.

Once again, thank you!

Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is an excellent Hotel in Puebla.High Recommend as it provides a great opportunity to merge business and leisure.
I stayed here for almost 2 months and also used to travel to Mexico city for work where I stayed in Crowne Plaza.

To be honest ,Puebla Marriott felt like home.The front desk staff was very friendly and could speak English quite well.

Room Tip: Try to get the Executive rooms ,way better than the rooms up front.But the breakfast in the Executiv...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rafael R, RM at Marriott Puebla Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear "georgebobby"

I want to thank you for share your experience with us, I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, we can proudly say we reached your expectations in a two months stay.

I hope to see you again in our hotel in your next visit to Puebla.

Kind regards!
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very good price and saff is very helpfull, they will escort you too the lobby due to its size. very good business center. buffet bkfst really good remember to watch out for spicy food if you dont.
The location of the hotel it is not close to the center (downtown) but if you dont want to mess up inside of the city, it is a few minutes away from the highway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rafael R, RM at Marriott Puebla Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Artutofs2,

I want to thank you for share your comments with other travelers, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regards,
Cordoba, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The breakfast buffet is really good, lots of vegetarian and vegan options.
Most of the staff is incredibly nice and helpful, except for this guy at the front desk who was very unpleasant, he mixed up the rate we were supposed to get and ended up having to pay extra for breakfasts that were supposed to be included, he was also not apologetic at all for our rooms not being ready, he even made it seem like it was somehow our fault for trying to stay there when the hotel was full, he couldn't find my reservation and was mean about it, treated me like I was lying about having made a reservation, when he went to get the bell boy to take our bags to the storage he flat out ignored me when I was telling him I was going to need my bags again in a little while.
Other than that the pool is nice and the rooms on the ground floor have back doors that open to a nice garden. They have all the regular Marriott amenities from Bath and Body Works which I love.
It is not very well located as it is far from downtown and the Centro de Convenciones, but it is worth it cause it seems a bit like a country hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the ground floor if it is the rainy season, do get a room on the ground floo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rafael R, RM at Marriott Puebla Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear "ohsombra"

Thank you for share with us your experience during your stay in our property!

I feel very sorry for the inconvenieces with our front desk, I am personally conducting an audit to verify this report. We are commited into provide you the best service to our guest, please accept my apologies and feel free to contact me in your next visit to Puebla.

My email address is rafael.reyes@r-hr.com

Thank you!
Cordoba, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I checked in as part of a group. An special rate, bfast included, was quoted for the group. At check in I clearly said I am with this group and have the special rate. The front desk person, an unpleasant fellow, did not say a word. At check out I was informed that bfast was NOT included because the room I got was not part of the deal ... What? They should have informed me at check in!!!
Other than the unpleasant front desk person (got the same for in and out) ... the buffet bfast is very good, the men´r room in the main restaurant is far too small it is difficult to sit and stand up in the small toilet cabinet.
Almost forgot the giant mosquito I found in the room's bathroom (blood packed and all)

Room Tip: Make sure they tell you the rate, what is included and what not.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rafael R, RM at Marriott Puebla Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear “Baltasar S”

Allow me to offer you an apology for the inconveniences during your stay with us, I have forwarded your comment to our room’s division manager in order to review the check in process based on all the information exposed.

I feel very sorry this affected your experience with us, nevertheless thank you for sharing and bring this to our attention.

Kind regards,

Been to Marriott Puebla Hotel? Share your experiences!