“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel San Pedro

You added Hotel San Pedro to your Saves list
Hotel San Pedro
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. 2 Oriente No. 202 | Col. Centro, Puebla 72000, Mexico   |
Ranked #60 of 87 Hotels in Puebla
San Francisco
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

After first looking at the Del Portal hotel, I walked in off the street and booked a room at the Hotel Posada. It was superior in every visible respect.

The room was large, clean, the air conditioning worked well. Our inside room was quiet Plenty of hot water for the shower, although it had to be adjusted if others were using it.

No complaints here. The price was reasonable: about 850 pesos.

In addition the hotel has charm, and I liked the fact that it was off but close to the zocalo.

Now my complaint, but it most likely wouldn't deter me from staying here again.

The front desk clerk had somewhat of an attitude. Nor could I get a discount for paying cash. This really surprised me, as the last three hotels had given me large (and I mean large) discounts for paying cash! Maybe my poor Spanish needs to be better. She later gave me a hassle when I asked for an extra blanket and pillow, since there were three of us. "The person who does this isn't here right now. You can have them tomorrow." But, we were only staying one night. I persisted and whether the guy returned or not, we got them in a few minutes.

On the other hand, the night clerk was very helpful and friendly, letting me use the hotel computer to print out my ticketbus receipt. He was in school for hotel management. There's wireless in the lobby and by the pool, but no internet in our room.

The continental breakfast... Oh, well. Judging by the people who were taking breakfast, the clientel were mostly Mexican families on vacation.

Overall a good choice. I'd definitely consider staying there again.

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2007

I loved this hotel!

It's absolutely charming. I stayed here for one night as part of a side trip from a language school in Cuernavaca. The whole place feels very old world - the building was constructed in something like 1542. It's been updated since the 16th century. It has an elevator, though it's only about 4 stories, a pool and jacuzzi, a very intimate bar/lounge area which is open air, but still inside, a decent restaurant (with at least included breakfast on Sundays), cute fountains and great tile work. The rooms are smallish I guess - mine had 2 queen beds, a tv, dresser, table and 2 chairs, desk, one closet with hangers, nice tiled bathroom with a single sink with plenty of counter space, a toilet, and a shower only. There was free bottled water in the bathroom which was replenished by housekeeping. There was a VERY small balcony - 2 people could stand, but you'd be hard pressed to pull a chair out there. I believe all the rooms are smoking - but they didn't smell like it. I think there was an AC, but it wasn't necessary - the open balcony doors sufficed nicely. The vast majority of rooms had an atrium/pool view, which was very pleasant. It's very family friendly and even has childcare service. There's a little noise from the pool, but it wasn't terrible at all, and I'm sure there are quiet rooms. It's about 2 blocks from the zocalo, across the street from VIPs and a pharmacy, super close to Sanborns, and basically in the middle of everything. I would definitely come back. The servce was excellent. It's a very nice, inexpensive hotel. I remember it being cheaper than an $88 average (more like $50 or 60). It seems popular with both foreign travelers and locals. I think it's truely a gem. As for the slightly negative views of others - it's Mexico, it's a more budget hotel. It's not the Ritz! It is however, very pleasant.

• Liked — old world style and proximity to attractions
  • Disliked — food could have been a little better
  • Stayed January 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

Just down the street from the Holiday Inn Centro Historico where I had stayed previously. Older, utterly charming hotel with a fine courtyard. Room was small which suited a single traveller. The bathroom was cramped with shower only.

Staff bend over backwards to please you. I was impressed with the level of service which was on a par with some of the finer hotels I have stayed in.

A block from the town square and the cathedral.

• Liked — Courteous staff
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
College Station
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2005

My family was there March 2005. It's a great location; one block from the zocalo, across the street from VIPs, two blocks from Sanborns, about 8 blocks from Uriarte Talavera. It's a great place for walking to everything. The inside rooms were very quiet, and look out onto a second floor swimming pool and hot tub. This area and the lobby are nicely kept and very appealing. The restaurant was below average for Puebla. They don't promote it, but wireless internet is available, I discovered.

The regular rooms are quite small with tiny bathrooms, shower only. There were only three of us; four would have been nearly impossible. I'm guessing that they are about to remodel because many things are being left uncared for. The knob on the bathroom sink was not attached. The commode would not flush properly. The carpeting and bedspreads were worn and dirty. The lights would either not come on or would blink off after awhile. The smoke detectors could not possibly have been functioning.

It's a charming place, but we agreed that we would not stay there again unless the facility is remodeled.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Hotel San Pedro? Share your experiences!