We selected this hotel because of strongly positive reviews here (some negative ones have been posted since), and were extremely disappointed:
1) Arrangements were made in advance for an extra bed in one of our rooms, and confirmed on arrival at the hotel. Returning from dinner and finding no extra bed, we were then told the hotel doesn't have any extra beds. The only person at the hotel who seemed interested in actually solving the problem was a bellman/waiter (Raoul) who brought a second sofa into the room, which was a reasonable makeshift way for another person to sleep. Speaking to the manager two days later (the first day any management was present in the hotel), she said they should have borrowed a bed from another hotel, but she never followed upon this -- nevertheless, they continued the "extra person charge."
2) There was nowhere in the hotel other than the room to sit comfortably because of the cold. It was necessary to wear coats at breakfast most mornings. There were heaters in the dining room and patio, but I could not convince anybody to turn them on.
3) Terrible coffee -- probably instant. On occasion Raoul made us coffee from the espresso machine, much better.
4) Failed to service my mother-in-law's room one day because she was in it most of the day. But never asked her if she wanted service. She ran out of toilet paper, telling me the room was not properly serviced the day before. What competent room attendant leaves only 1 day's worth of TP in the room?
5) Upon check-out we were dinged US $2 for an accidentally broken glass in one of the rooms.
6) The much-heralded "spa" was unavailable during our whole stay.
These service problems are a real shame. The hotel has a great location and a nice facility. But it needs competent, attentive management, which would immediately realize it would make sense to have a rollaway bed or two on hand and to provide adequate heating in the public areas so that people will enjoy lingering over drinks and meals during chilly weather. They have apparently become lax because of the good ratings they've gotten up til now.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Casona San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.