“Excellent service in a comfortable setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Presidente InterContinental Puebla

Save Saved
You added Presidente InterContinental Puebla to your Saves list
Presidente InterContinental Puebla
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Hermanos Serdan No 141, Colonia Amor, Puebla 72140, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Puebla
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent service in a comfortable setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed at the hotel again during a recent business trip. I've stayed there several times in the past and have always found the hotel to be well maintain, secure and well staffed for full service. The hotel is located between the VW facility and the city center - both easily reached by cab or hotel shuttle. The hotel has two good restaurants. It is also just a short drive or cab ride to an area with a number of excellent restaurants. At this hotel I prefer a room with a terrace and a view of the pool area. The service level has always been excellent from arrival to departure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your review and recommendations. I am very happy to know that your stay with us was great and enjoyable. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff quality service, I am sure that your tips are highly useful for our future guests. We will look forward to your next visit in Puebla.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The best room service Iv'e ever eaten at a hotel. We enjoyed the last night of our trip relaxing at the Intercontinental. I enjoyed the gym while my girlfriend had a nice massage at the Spa. It was raining so we didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. The room was nice and the bed was super comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GuillermoStankiewicz, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Presidente Intercontinental Puebla.
Kind words like yours are always welcome with great enthusiasm by our staff member
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back on a future occasion
Haarlem, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was in the hotel on a business trip, hence I needed to use Wifi. There was availability but the connection was slow, it was impossible to do any work.

The hotel it self feels quite old fashioned, and you if you want to get around, you need to walk great distances (from your room to restaurant)

The service and front desk were very kind.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
It was a pleasure to receive these complimentary comments about your recent stay with us, we want to offer you an apologize, we will be in touch with systems department to avoid this kind of inconvenience and offer you the service that you deserve for your next stay
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here for five nights during a recent business trip. For the price I paid, it was fantastic! They offered free breakfast each morning which was very good with a decent selection. From 6PM to around 10:30 PM each night, the hotel offered free horderves and unlimited wine in the lounge on the third floor. Some nights they had a piano player on the first floor who was very good.

One night that me and my colleagues stayed at the hotel, we spent it in the bar on the first floor. It had a comfortable atmosphere with great service. This particular night they were playing American 80's music. We had a great time.

I stayed in room 1316, which is on the backside of the hotel. It offered a great view of a volcano and the Sleeping Woman. The room was clean, appealing and comfortable. The A/C unit never got the room as cool as I like it while I sleep, but it was not bad enough for me to mention it to the hotel staff.

A colleague of mine stayed in room 1310, and he had a hard time getting a wireless signal. I did not make use of the hotel's wireless, but I did not have any problem getting on the internet via a network cable.

Be aware, that you must slide your room card into a slot on the wall near the front door to activate the electricity to the room. I had never seen this at a hotel before, so my first thought was that there was something wrong with the electrical power to the room. I almost went down stairs to inform the hotel staff, but then I figured noticed the room card slot on the wall and put two and two together. The hotel must save a lot of money on their electric bill.

Overall, it was a great place to stay. The price was just amazing and the staff was very patient and kind, considering I do not speak Spanish.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
It was a pleasure to receive these complimentary comments about your recent stay with us , thank you for sharing your comments We are glad to know that you had the opportunity to enjoy all of our services to the fullest. Have no doubt that the entire staff will be congratulated for the outstanding efforts made during your stay. We all look forward on welcoming you in the near future.
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This hotel was a great rest for us during the long drive from Houston to Merida…perfect rooms just for guests with pets…Yummy chicken caesar salad, & Poblano Soup was amazing! Loved the rooms and grounds, and staff was more than accommodating! Safe for travelers driving with protected lot. Please note this property is not near the historic center, but a short taxi ride away!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GuillermoStankiewicz, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Late me take this opportunity to thank you for your review and recommendations. We are very happy to know that your stay with us was great and enjoyable. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff quality service and food selection, I am sure that your tips are highly useful for our future guests. We will look forward to your next trip to Puebla
Brandon, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Several from our company stayed at the Intercontinental Puebla during the Auto Show and all were very pleased.

The service was excellent throughout from front desk to restaurant service. The rooms were roomy, with a desk area and ample closet space. The hotel is well kept and noisy only in the lobby - as it should be. The traditional restaurant “La Cocina de los Angeles” is outstanding. Our group had dinner there twice in a three day stay, rather than an outside restaurant.

My only complaint is the internet service - slow and intermittent. I really hope this gets fixed because it's a necessity for business travelers.

Room Tip: Good view of El Popo from the western facing rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GuillermoStankiewicz, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s always gratifying to know that Hotel Presidente InterContinental Puebla met your expectations with our food quality and our comfortable facilities.
Kind words like yours are always welcome to every staff member, Your comments will be taken in consideration in a near future. We look forward to welcome you home!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

***OUTSTANDING RESORT HOTEL, Don't miss this hotel if you find yourself traveling to Puebia. I have revisited this hotel 3 times now. My first was in 2008. This elegant hotel is backed with a great hotel staff that makes you stay a dream. Every little detail of your stay is top of the line. The breakfast is wonderful. The room are large and well appointed for the business as well as the leaser traveler. There are many wonderful food options here as well as shops. The bar is the best of all my travels, don't miss a visit. You are centered here in the historic district. Just a few miles to The great pyramid of Cholula.

Room Tip: As for a room to view the volcano
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GuillermoStankiewicz, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Kind words like yours are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to Presidente InterContinental Puebla? Share your experiences!