“Fabulous hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 87 Hotels in Puebla
Paris, France
“Fabulous hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Elegant, very good service, our room was more than spacious, the food in the restaurant was memorable. Beautifully done. The people were delightful. The art work was interesting.I can't think of anything I would change.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Everything about this hotel is first class and charming from the time of checking in to leaving; all the staff go that extra mile to ensure your stay is memorable. The ambience is sublime, the hotel is maintained at the highest standard, from the restaurant, to the housekeeping to in room dining....
I can not speak highly enough of ALL the staff; in particular to their customer service response when I was leaving the hotel and there was a huge traffic jam, which meant I was going to miss by bus. They personally drove me to the bus station and checked me in to ensure I was looked after.
Everyone element of this hotel is focussed on care and service - the guest is the king/queen... there are only 10 rooms - be kind to yourself and make this your Puebla choice

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visited Casareyna again this year - with friends. It didn't disappoint. The staff, the decor, the rooms, the food, the ambiance - everything was perfect! Beds and pillows are a dream. The bathrooms are huge. Close enough to the historic center of Puebla to be convenient, but just far enough away to be on a quiet side street. Why go anywhere else but the best? Director General Rodrigo Alvarez y Jimenez and his well-trained, friendly and knowledgable staff made our third stay at this hotel another visit to remember!

Room Tip: Our favorite room (2 queen beds) is 206.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have traveled to Mexico for over 40 years. Casareyna and its staff made our stay one of the best ever. I had rad that two or three days in Puebla would be enough, but when we travel we enjoy getting to know a place rather than just hitting the recommended hot spots. I'm glad we stayed a week. Puebla has charm everywhere you look. I have to admit, our drive into the city from the airport did not offer for much enthusiasm. But once we settled it, started walking the city, we were hooked. This hotel is only a beautiful 10 minute walk to the Zocolo, or town square, in a lovely and SAFE city.

Casarenya: our room was perfect. We had the Master Suite and it did not disappoint: king bed, sofa, terrace, Wi-Fi, and a large bathroom. Our first morning we ate breakfast downstairs at the restaurant. From then on, we enjoyed our breakfast on our terrace. Our included breakfast consisted of three types of melon, home made granola, a large fresh squeezed orange juice (or the option of a blended mix of OJ and fruits, coffee or tea. We looked forward to starting our day. Room service was excellent, delivered in less than 15 minutes.

The room was spotlessly cleaned each day. Each evening was a small dish of candies on our nightstand. Wi-Fi is included and worked very well. Each room has its own system. The staff is overseen by General Manager Rodrigo, an energetic young man, always there to help. He is definitely a "hands-on" manager. By the end of our stay, we considered Rodrigo a good friend.

We tried many restaurants in Puebla, but Casareyna was by far our favorite. It's good to experiment when on vacation, which we did, but we still felt Casareyna excelled. Their mole has won top awards for the last four years, and this in a city than it famous for the origin of mole. One of our favorites was their sorbet/ice cream from the mamey fruit. We later found out that it's made by hand, no machines, two to three times a week. The waiters work as teams. We tend to share meals, and it was never a problem here. We always felt well attended.

The front desk girls, Elizabeth and Leticia, were a prefect representation of a premier hotel. They always greeted us with a smile and ready to help in our questions and procuring taxis.

Thank you, Rodrigo and staff at Casareyna for a wonderful vacation.

I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Extremely well located at Puebla historic downtown, 6 blocks from the Zocalo. The rooms are extremely comfortable with details like Talavera porcelain and delicate furniture.
The breakfast is included on the fare, and is good.
The restaurant menu is outstanding, with Mexicans specialties that a foreigner can enjoy without "be burned" and good wines, fare prices. Do not miss the Mole Poblano!
WiFi available, safe at the room. Staff very very helpful. Valet parking available, free of charge.

Room Tip: Room 205 has a very low WiFi signal.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
seattle washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just returned from 2 night stay at Casareyna and it is everything you read about and see on website. Excellent service, rooms were perfect...lovely, lovely boutique hotel. Look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am writing this review based on one visit to the restaurant.

We came to have lunch here and I very much enjoyed the inspiring simple design of this hotel and restaurant. I did not get to see the rooms, but the exterior impression was very good. The hotel looked really nice and the location perfectly central. The guy at the front desk was also very nice and let me look around.

I loved the outdoor patio which is a rare thing to find in Puebla, it was very cute and charming. Unfortunately we did not get to sit outside as it was full so we sat inside instead, that was also nice, but next time I will try to book in advance to get a seat outside.

You will mostly find locals eating here, so the food is quite good and good portions. There aren't any vegetarian options, but I ordered the 4 different moles without the meat and enjoyed the sauce with some tortillas. I had also ordered some chalupas with mole without the meat, but it still came with the meat. I did not want to complain so i just removed the meat. But I loved that I could get chalupas with mole, and they were very tasty.

The mole was really good, one of the good ones I have tried.

I had a piña colada that tasted good but almost did not have any rom in it.

The service was ok, but did not leave me with a great memorable experience. I visit puebla once a year and I have noticed that the service in Puebla is generally very average.

I would go back for the patio, the chalupas with mole and I would recommend it for the experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Casareyna Hotel? Share your experiences!