“I would not go back here, it is way out of town” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel & Spa Hacienda Baruk

You added Hotel & Spa Hacienda Baruk to your Saves list
Hotel & Spa Hacienda Baruk
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Heroes de Chapultepec 801 | Col La Escondida, Zacatecas 98054, Mexico   |
Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Zacatecas
Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico
“I would not go back here, it is way out of town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I wish that I would have looked more into the location of this hotel before booking it. The rooms were very nice, an the spa was nice. The staff was very rude and my room was without water for several hours. The hotel also charged my card twice for the stay and were not very helpful on removing the second charge. I flew into Zacatecas on business and did not have a car, thus I had to pay 50 pesos anytime I wanted to leave the hotel. There is nothing near the hotel and it is seveal miles from the downtown area. I would not stay here again unless I had a car with me.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toluca Mex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This hotel is located in the middle of nowhere, outside the city, but zacatecas is not a big city, maybe it could take you ten minutes by car getting into downtown. Walking you won't find anything in the surrounding area so if you need food you can get it into the hotel's restaurant. Rooms are well decorated, walls are very thick so you are practically isolated and internet signal sometimes is lost. I was warned about the train noise but my room was far from the railroad so practically I didn't hear it. I think it was a good deal for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Guadalajara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

this is a nice hotel, 12 min away by cab to downtown (50 pesos aprox cost), it has great amenities as it has a mini bar and the first round is paid by the hotel (yogurt,granola bar, chips).The room is nice and comfortable, the alarm clock can charge your IPOD, an area to improve is the hangers in the closet, as they are cheap plastic thin hangers that dont go with the quality served overall. The indoor pool is nice but too small, the restaurant serves good mexican breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Puebla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

Made the reservation from your info on the internet, yet when we got there they had lost our reservation and to make up for it upgraded our room. They gave us a dark, noisy room which was cold..brrrr. Had a fancy bathroom with a marble bathtub but you couldn't keep the water warm in it.... my son ordered a late night snack from room service and he was deathly ill after, they had to call the doctor !!!!
Anyway, too far from it all and we didn't like it. Won't return here since there are better hotels closer to town.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

We suddenly had to travel to Canada from Puerto Vallarta (so we didn't have time to research and plan). We arrived there at the end of our driving day and just happened upon it. (It's strategically located near the junction of all the major highways: Guadalajara, Saltillo, Aguascalientes, etc.)

It worked out very well for our needs!

First, the rate was great. We paid 775 pesos/night. The room was a comfortable King. Everything worked for us (water pressure, A/C). And Internet access is free. (We travel with our laptop.)

Being as how we were exhausted we really appreciated the fact there was a restaurant onsite. And it was a good meal. We had steak, a couple of drinks, wine and the bill came to around 800 pesos. Great.

Breakfast (not included) was fine too. Service was also very good all round. And we could have had room service had we wished.

I noticed there was a well-equiped gym on site and a lovely-looking indoor pool which unfortunately we didn't get to use.

I'd recommend this hotel to any weary travellers without hesitation. But, I would suggest that if you're bothered by truck noise you ask for a room away from the Highway. We didn't really mind but trucks gearing down might be a bit annoying to some.

• Liked — Location, comfort, cleanliness, facilities
  • Disliked — Nothing really, except maybe the truck noise
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2008

I was a little concerned after reading the reviews but the hotel wasn't really all that bad. It is up on a hill so far from downtown but the rooms themselves were nice. My room faced the highway and wasn't very noisy but being on the non road side would probably be suggested if your a light sleeper. I stayed two nites. AC works just fine. The rest food was fine, and the pool and the public areas were very nice. Its a two story hotel with friendly staff. I have no problems recommending this hotel with the exception of the distance to downtown and sights of Zacatecas.

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — distance from attractions
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

I found this hotel on the internet. The pictures on the internet look nicer than it really is. On the internet the rooms look much brighter, it is just the opposite.
My husband, my son, and my grandson went to this hotel on July 8 thru the July 11.

Our personal experience was this, the room not to bad water pressure not good. For two days we would see roaches in the closet, the second day in the early morning hours, I saw a roach crawling in the bathroom floor The room was terribly hot for my husband and son. We did like the food, the food there was excellent. The service in the restaurant was good, including bar. When we exited the hotel on July 11 we told them of our complaints. We told them they need to put air condtioning in the rooms. They told us they are in the process of putting them on. Don't know if that is true.

Lastly the swimming pool is not to big, there is not enough seating near the pool. Something needs to be done about that!!!!

Don't consider going back unless they correct all of the above.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Hotel & Spa Hacienda Baruk? Share your experiences!