“Great small hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Los Dulces Suenos

You added Casa de Los Dulces Suenos to your Saves list
Casa de Los Dulces Suenos
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bartolome de las casas 261Centro CP, Morelia 58000 , Mexico   |
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Morelia
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Great small hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

First time in Morelia, and we couldn't have picked a nicer small hotel. We had the Girasol room-an inside room, comfy bed, spotless, absolutely quiet, a nice sitting area, plus natural lighting from 2 skylights. That's just the room. The courtyard was quite pleasant with free internet access. Good breakfast, too. Short walking area to either the zocalo or aqueduct area. If you're a coffee addict, there's 4, (yes, 4) great coffee shops just outside your door. Don't speak Spanish? That's OK, Juan and Brenda speak English. One downside, but it's minimal: the bathrooms are smallish, but adequate. Doesn't have the grandeur of the Hotel Virrey, but in all, one of the nicest small hotels we've stayed in in Mexico.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank bald0neNebraska

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

A review of this hotel dated January 17, 2008 on Trip Advisor caught my attention. Looking for accommodation in Morelia, I decided to check it out and I am happy I did. Set in a quarry mansion dating from the 18th century and carefully remodelled, this small boutique hotel which opened in 2007 is a gem. It is very clean, bright and tastefully decorated with Mexican art. You cannot beat its location, right in the historical centre, a few steps from the Church of San Francisco and its beautiful square. Located on a relatively less busy street, it is very quiet, especially if you get an inside room. The warm personal attention guests receive makes it difficult to leave. Every member of the staff is genuinely courteous, friendly and most helpful. I look forward to returning to this hotel, next time I am in Morelia.

Good to know: Valet parking, wireless Internet access and nice breakfast.

• Liked — Personal attention
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank danhec
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

I haven't seen this listed in any English-speaking guide or web site. I'm tempted to keep this secret to myself but it wouldn't be fair!

We found this place by accident as we were exploring the old Templo de San Francisco in Morelia's historial city center. As with just about everything within Morelia's colonial central area, it has a non-descript front but it looked so clean and inviting, luring us inside to take a peak. We liked what we saw so much that we decided to check out of our previous room at another hotel and check into this old, restored family mansion.

It was clean, quiet and spectacularly decorated in rustic Mexican style. No, this isn't the Hyatt, but I'd stay at this place before I stayed at a Hyatt anyway. It's got much more character!

The staff was professional and courteous. I needed travel arrangements for another excursion and they conveniently had someone on staff to help us with our plans.

It's got a great location as it's behind the Templo de San Francisco and is only 4-5 blocks from the main cathedral. I've stayed in many hotels in Morelia, one of my absolute favorite cities in Mexico -- and this is certainly at the top of my list now.

Stayed December 2007