“Great for location and price” 4 of 5 stars

Howard Johnson Calle Real Morelia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Madero Oriente 766, Morelia 58000, Mexico   |
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Morelia
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great for location and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

Check in took forever but after 20 minutes they finally figured it out.
Beds are HARD but rooms are clean. Nice patio restaurant in the lobby.
Excellent location just steps from the Acqueduct and walkin distance from most attractions in beautiful Morelia.
For the price paid. Excellent.

• Stayed April 2012

Solo
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2006

As a middle-aged woman flying into Morelia alone, I was very concerned about my safety, especially because I speak no Spanish. The staff at this hotel calmed all my fears. They could talk to me in English, they explained that the airport taxis are bonded and that it would be $200 pesos one-way and take 1/2 hour. They gave me a reasonably priced ($65.USD), clean but simple room at the back of the hotel. There was no hallway noise and no noise from the street, even on Fri nite. The hotel is an easy 7 block walk from the Plaza where you find all the traffic and revelers. The hotel's restaurant food was adequate altho not outstanding; there was a big screen TV where I watched the Super Bowl while I ate dinner. The restaurant is a bright, spacious inner courtyard that doubles as a sort of lobby.
I was only passing thru Morelia at the beginning and end of my trip to Michoacan, and so I felt good about staying at the hotel again the night before my early morning flight back to the US. The hotel arranged a taxi to take me to the airport. I will definitely make this hotel my headquarters on all my return trips to Michoacan.

• Stayed January 2006
Nestor S, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Calle Real Morelia, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for you review, we really appreciate your business and we hope to have you back in our hotel.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

We stayed three nights at Morelia, but just the first night at this hotel. Service was excellent, people was very friendly, but there was too much noise, that it made us leave the hotel.

It is a budget hotel, nice building, the rooms are extremely simple but clean.

Windows are single glass, not insulated from the outside noise. People in the hallway sound like they were inside the room. We couldn't stand it.

Other than that, Morelia is a very nice city worth visiting. And there are other cities near Morelia, like Patzcuaro and Janitzio island, worth visiting as well.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Howard Johnson Calle Real Morelia? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Calle Real Morelia

Address: Av. Madero Oriente 766, Morelia 58000, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Central Mexico and Gulf Coast > Michoacan > Morelia
#6 Best Value Hotel in Morelia
Hotel Class:3 star — Howard Johnson Calle Real Morelia 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Calle Real Morelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Morelia
Morelia Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Calle Real Morelia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.