My 75 year-old dad and I stayed at the Alameda for five days in May 2011 and were completely satisfied with the room, service, convenient location and price. I grew up going to Morelia once every couple years but never stayed in hotels because we had family there. I remember walking by the Alameda many times and wondering why it was weirdly modern compared to the historic buildings along the Avenida Madero. There are fancier, historic, boutique hotels just steps away but they cost two or three times as much. If you are looking for a central location, friendly service, and a clean, comfortable room this is a good choice. You will be across from the main plaza, close to many cafes, bars and restaurants, the candy market (mercado de dulces) which has an assortment of artisan candies, wood, textile and leather products, the university, cathedral and other impressive churches, banks, grocery stores, and just about every other kind of business you might want. A few things to consider:
- Our room was a double and the bathroom was a bit small but everything worked fine and we were comfortable.
- We requested a room with view because we wanted to see the cathedral at night. It is a great view but even with windows closed the street sounds were noticeable. This might be a problem for light sleepers.
- We did not eat at the hotel restaurant but it looked busy every morning for breakfast/brunch and in the evenings. You can opt for breakfast to be included in the room fee.
- The hotel offers parking for a small fee and it is totally worth getting if you are driving.
- This is an older hotel so there is no pool.
- There is a great convenience store downstairs for toiletries, liquor, soft drinks, snacks, etc
I recommend the Alameda if you are traveling on a budget and want to stay in the heart of the city.
- Also Known As:
- Alameda Centro Historico Morelia
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Alameda Centro Historico Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.