“A good choice to rest, just make sure you have a car to go to the city.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Montana

You added Villa Montana to your Saves list
Villa Montana
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Patzimba 201 | Colonia Vista Bella, Morelia 58090, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Morelia
Mexico City, Mexico
“A good choice to rest, just make sure you have a car to go to the city.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

It is a very good choice to rest in a classic colonial city of Mexico. Not in the center of the city, so you will need a car to get to the hotel and go to the historical center, however, services and facilities inspire not want to leave the hotel and rest. The Sunday breakfast buffet is delicious, you have to try "huchepos" a classic local food made with sweet corn.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
worcs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

trip advisor in general rates this hotel highly.Why??beautifully set ( although nothing within walking distance ), but our room had no air conditioning,broken safe,lights not working,hard bed and hard pillows.Also there is no english news either bbc world or cnn.We tried to use the restaurant but the waiters could not describe the meals ,the sauces etc eg crispy prawns.when asked whether sweet, sour or spicy they simply said *crispy*.do they come with a sauce?they didnt know.Chose a white wine but the bottle was warm.Asked if they had any chilled.They said yes.I said please let me have that one.They brought another warm wine.When i told them they said ,yes,fridge broken.We left and got a taxi to san miguelito restaurant in town.Go there.excellent food and setting.This hotel could be good but is really showing signs of age and needs a good makeover.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Campinas, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

It is our third visit, the Place is lovely, the spa is one of my favorites, rooms and common areas have great details including Morelia's artscraft; however food is only average one night we had a salad and a tortilla soup that were only ok, and the next morning I ordered the villa montana breakfast, the chilaquiles had no flavor at all, sauce was too watery they came with a tiny amount of cheese and cream, eggs had no salt, to make things worse the french toast that my husband ordered had the plastic
fibers from the brush (painting type) used in the kitchen! We were surprised by the little importance they gave to it and by the fact they use such brushes in the kitchen when there are special teflon ones for food preparation, anyway if you choose this hotel stay and enjoy the view and go somewhere else to eat.

• Stayed February 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I finally stayed here recently. Usually it is out of my price range, but since it is off season, it was affordable. The other reviews were spot on about the peacefulness of this hotel. It rained every day but 1 of the 5 we were here. My villa did not have a built in heater, just a rollaway radiator that only worked in the bathroom because that's where the only 3 prong outlets were. However, a nice wood burning fireplace kept the villa nice and cozy. Plus, the ambiance was great! I cannot say enough about the staff! They were some of the best I have ever experienced. Expect to get a taxi, since it's too far to walk to anywhere else. I would defiantly stay here again!

Room Tip: If you need 3 prong outlets, check with the front desk about availability.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Best placed I have stayed at in Mexico. The service, setting, suite generosity and layout, gardens and views were divine. My only recommendation would be better or brighter lighting in the rooms. I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good but ask for better lighting if it is too dull. Also request help with l...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

By far the best hotel I've stayed at in Mexico. I really enjoyed my stay in Morelia on business and I want to return to this wonderful hotel with my wife. The setting is magical with spectacular views of the city from each of the spacious rooms. The hotel is beautifully landscaped and has antique stone sculptures incorporated into the lovely terraces and courtyards. The food was delicious and the views are incredible from the excellent dining room. I felt very secure and safe during my whole visit to Morelia and the staff and service at the Villa Montana are first rate.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
new york, n.y
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

While my husband and I were returning to Mexico, we were not willing to stay right in town. I enjoyed the hotel despite the weather of continual rain. The staff at the hotel was
varied between extraordinary helpfulness and a bit disorganized. The whole time I found the staff to try very hard to please us.
We loved the room with it's beautiful decor and fireplace.The flat screened T.V. didn't hurt. I enjoyed their heated pool which I used in between rain storms. I would go back.

Room Tip: Each room is different and we were able to get an upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Montana? Share your experiences!