“Clean, nice, good and cheap” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Meson de los Remedios

Save Saved
You added Hotel Meson de los Remedios to your Saves list
Hotel Meson de los Remedios
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abasolo No 556 | Centro histórico, Morelia 58000, Mexico   |
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Morelia
“Clean, nice, good and cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We came with my parents in law and my 4 year old, We stayed on the master suite.

The room was clean, comfortable, the hotel is close to downtown (3 or 4 blocks away) the staff is friendly and helpful

The breakfast included is not the greatest thing but is a nice start, the coffee that they serve is good

I recommend this place

Stayed January 2014

Solo
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had booked this place based on reviews on TripAdvisor. We arrived on the late flight from Mexico City, it was almost 1AM by the time we got to the hotel. My heart sunk when we were shown to our room. But since it was late, we were tired and the front desk person was not particularly friendly, we decided to try to sleep and find somewhere else in the morning. What we didn’t like about the room: no windows, a strong mildew smell in the bathroom, uncomfortable beds, only 1 electrical outlet in the room and 1 in the bathroom, minimal surface space on which to place things. On the positive side, it was clean, it did have skylights to allow natural light during the day, and it had a huge built-in closet and many drawers. First thing in the morning, I talked to a different front-desk person, much nicer. I asked her if they had other rooms. She said they were all the same as the one we were in, but they did have a master suite available. I took a look, and it was a significant improvement over the standard room. It cost 600 pesos more per night. The master suite has a small living area downstairs with a ½ bath, a staircase that leads to a loft which has a king size bed, full bath, armoire, 2 night stands, windows, etc. We moved to that room immediately. The plaza is about 4-5 blocks away, a comfortable walk away from the noisy center. We didn’t eat at this hotel. We had originally planned to stay 4 nights, but since we still really weren’t happy with the hotel, we cut our trip short to 3 nights. We were not refunded for the night we didn’t stay there, since we had to pay upfront because I’d made the reservation online. Oh, the wifi worked well in our rooms. If I were to return, I would book the master suite, but I would look somewhere else first.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Zapopan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I found this hotel on trip advisor and was everything we expected. Simple, clean, inexpensive, cozy,good location. No frills, just simply nice. I recommend a "taco stand" that is just a few steps from the hotel. As you exit the hotel, go right and walk down the street a couple of minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampico, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

The hotel is a very nice place to stay, beds are confortable, rooms are clean and spacious, very good internet connection, friendly staff. Now, what we don't like...the garbage collection service is pretty noisy and it happens to show up very early in the morning, they use a bell to let people know that the garbage bus is passing by, and it can be heard all over the hotel. Also, hotel has no properly a restaurant but a few tables in its patio, and every morning from 7 am to 12 pm, music can be heard too. They offer only breakfast, and the hotel has no air conditioning. If you don't mind about the noise, the hotel is really nice. I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Meson de los Remedios? Share your experiences!