“Really well located, clean and kind.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Express Morelia

You added City Express Morelia to your Saves list
City Express Morelia
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Portal Hidalgo 245 | Col. Centro, Morelia 58000, Mexico   |
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Morelia
Mexico City, Mexico
“Really well located, clean and kind.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

Hotel Valladolid is just off the Cathedral and one of the main plazas of Morelia. I stayed here on a Saturday night, but my room was free of street noise (but not free of the noise from my neighbours).

The rooms are modern and clean. Quite small, but OK size in comparison with European hotels in which I stayed before.

The hotel does not offer breakfast, but just outside of the hotel there are plenty of places to eat, overlooking the beautiful cathedral.

The staffs are kind and helpful, and the hotel offers a free parking space in a nearby private parking lot.

But they have two downsides.
1. My room did not have an air conditioning system at all (only the bathroom had a noisy ventilation), and the only window was locked to prevent guests from opening it (maybe for security?). I asked my friends who shared a twin room, and their room didn't have an air conditioner either. I must say that the room is quite claustrophobic not because of the size but because of the lack of air flow.

2. The walls are really thin, so the noise from neighboring rooms and the corridor bothered me a lot, especially early in the morning. Due to its central location, I was a bit worried about the street noise, but curiously this was no problem at all. Instead, the noise from upstairs and from the corridor early in the morning was really annoying.

Overall, I think that Hotel Valladolid offers a good value.

• Liked — Location and cleaness
  • Disliked — Lack of air in the room, noise from the corridor
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2007

This is a nice little modern hotel off the Plaza de Armas. While there are many nice places to stay in Morelia, we chose this one because we were in a crunch. My fiance came down with a dehabilitating migraine just an hour before our bus arrived and she couldn't walk. I tried a number of hotels in the area over the phone but no one could get us a room before 3pm and that was 3 hours away. It would have been hell to ask her to wait. So I hit up the Valladolid and they said they could let us have one of their suites while our room was prepared. They were so accomodating, gentle and nice that my fiance still talks about the Michoacan hospitality she received.

In the end they just let us stay in the suite at no extra charge.

Throughout the ordeal they went above and beyond to give as much comfort to my fiance as possible.

The rooms are lovely, although some of the rooms are interior rooms and more modern. I understand the "older" rooms are quite lovely and have some have a balcony. Morelia is a charming colonial city with beautiful architecture, but it is the people that set it apart!

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2003

We have heard that the second floor room are pleasant with small balconies overlooking the Plaza de Armas (one of the most beuatiful and tranquil plazas anywhere). Unfortunately we were stuck on the ground floor in the back of the hotel in a room that may once have been a garage. Comfortable enough, but very spartan. The staff were all young and little English was spoken, but they were as helpful as they could be. You are paying for the excellent location a stone's throw from the cathedral, but insist on a front side, upstairs room if you plan to stay there. Morelia is very much worth a two ro three days stay. Make sure you have a light weater and long pants -- it get's shilly in the venings, particularly in the rainy summer months.

Been to City Express Morelia? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about City Express Morelia

Address: Portal Hidalgo 245 | Col. Centro, Morelia 58000, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Central Mexico and Gulf Coast > Michoacan > Morelia
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Morelia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — City Express Morelia 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your City Express Morelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage City Express Morelia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.