“A must do!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Newport Beach, California
“A must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Words can't explain how awesome this rafting adventure this is. All the guides are fun and really go out of there way to make it fun. Breakfast and lunch was fantastic and the pictures they offer are great to! Be sure and also bring your own water proof camera! I will return for sure!

Visited September 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“2 day Paquare River rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our guide guide Kenneth and the safety kayaker Roy were wonderful guides. They were both knowledgeable of the river, wildlife and vegetation in the area. They prepared us wonderful meals throughout the 2 days.

The accommodations over night were very nice and comfortable. We also had some great games of uno with them.

15 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

A must do! Safety was the main concern. I was very very impressed.
Very fun and exciting!! They provide breakfast and lunch and have a great photographer taking pics for you which they sale for about 25$ which is a good price for the amount of great pics.
I went with my hubby and 14 and 16 year old daughters who were nervous at first, but loved it by the end.

Bradenton, Florida, United States
“Best part of our Costa Rica trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I loved everything about Costa Rica but the whitewater rafting trip was definitely the highlight! Our guide, Taz, made sure everyone had a blast and also taught us a lot about the river and the local wildlife. We had three beginners, two experienced rafters and one guy who was a certified rafting guide in his country who was doing the Pacuare for the first time. Despite the different levels of experience, everyone seemed to have a great time.
It's also a great deal if you stay your first night in San Jose and then travel elsewhere. Had we just taken a shuttle from San Jose to Puerto Viejo, we would have paid about $47 each. So basically for an extra $52 (cost of the trip is $99), we got an amazing trip, delicious breakfast and lunch, along with transportation to Puerto Viejo.

New York City, New York
“Intense. Beautiful. Flawless.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had two tours/excursions with Exploradores Outdoors while on vacation in Costa Rica in August 2013 and they were both excellent. First, was a river and sea kayaking trip with Fernando as guide and kayaking coach. He was skilled, knowledgeable, and gracious. The river kayaking was serene and peaceful. We saw a number of different species of birds, tons of turtles, a sloth, and a Jesus Christ lizard. So cool!! The kayaking on the open sea was both adrenaline inducing and beautifully scenic. Thank you Fernando.

The second tour/excursion was white water rafting with hotel transportation. Wow!! What a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Rafting on Rio Pacuare was an experience almost beyond description. At one point, as I was floating on my back down the river with lush green mountains on either side (there are two points where we stopped to swim), I thought that we/humans are truly blessed to inhabit such a beautiful planet and it is our duty to protect and care for our Mother Earth - okay, so I'm getting a little off track here but such was the impact of the natural beauty that surrounded us. Our superb rafting guide was Andreas. This was my first time rafting, and naturally it was class III - IV, but Andreas took excellent care of our raft with expert instruction and guidance. It was an intense, exciting experience. We even got to perform a rescue when some rafters fell out of their raft after entering some rapids. I don't believe they were in any real danger but it was so cool to perform a rescue. Manny handled most of the instruction prior to rafting. He was thorough and professional. I was delivered to my hotel with my bags after having an absolutely wonderful series of experiences.

Exploradores Outdoors is a well run, professional organization with skilled, knowledgeable, friendly guides. You can't go wrong using them!