“Relaxation needed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos

You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km 29 San Jose del Cabo, San Jose del Cabo BCS 23409, Mexico (Formerly Playa Del Sol Los Cabos)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Littleton, Colorado
“Relaxation needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the resort is. We asked for ocean view and were accommodated. It's the only way to go there. I heard other people complaining about the old building and that it was dumpy. We did all inclusive because we had to with our exchange. I would not suggest doing it otherwise. The food started out ok but was inconsistent. The breakfast was the best part if you stick to simple things on menu. The patio was relaxing and has a great view of the ocean. The resort is quiet and relaxing, Which was welcomed after a day in Cabo which was too crazy and stressful. Everyone is trying to make money off the tourists and it's a bit of a ripoff. The price for taxis were ridiculous. Not being as to swim in the ocean was a disappointment. Even at medano beach an undertow knocked us over and we couldn't get out for a good 5 minutes. For this reason we would not go back to Cabo. Other parts of Mexico are much more cheaper and authentic Mexican towns. Cabo is an extended part of San Diego in my opinion with the same prices. Overall the stay was nice and relaxing which is what we were looking for. Be careful of the timeshares pitches. They suck you and and waste half of your day.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BelAirCabosGerencia, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
At Bel Air we like to be one step ahead of the game, if you need any assistance to book activities or ask any question we have a 24/7 front desk staff that will gladly guide you in the proper way. We value the power of a happy vacation for our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your opinion

Warm Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our family enjoyed the resort. It was nice and relaxing without loud spring breakers. The condo was a bit outdated but clean and the service was excellent. Don’t expect to have any activities at the resort; you are pretty much on your own as far as entertainment. We rented a car for a week and if needed were going to Cabo San Lucas for “fun in the town”.
Still, I really enjoyed the clean beach and pool and highly recommend this place for a nice quiet stay in sunny Baja California.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Lucas can be wild! We agree a 100% when you say it ends up being nice to be away from all that fiesta!! We blush to say that we like to be a little conservative yet beauty is in the eye of the beholder isn't?

Hopefully you will share another vacation with us very soon!!

Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I loved the Bel Aire. So relaxing and so close to the beach. Relaxation, relaxation and more relaxation. This is the place if you want to get away from it all and unwind. I did not do the all inclusive so cannot comment on that. But I must say that I was treated royally by all of the staff. Complimentary pastries were brought to the room each night. When I arrived at check in, I was welcomed with a glass of champagne in the lobby. Rene was extremely helpful and managed to get me a beautiful room on the sixth floor overlooking the ocean. It was heaven. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The building at the front is oceanview and the rooms are very lovely. The bottom units have a Jacuz...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
We can't wait to have you back!! We L-O-V-E to help our guests relax if they let us. Happy guests means happy days. Be sure we are honored you recognize our work and took the time to share your experience with others.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

After reading several recent reviews of the Bel Air resort I was a little reluctant about the property, but when I got there I was very pleasantly surprised. One traveller said the kitchens had nothing in them, so we brought our own pots and pans, etc..., but the place was fully stocked with everything we would need for our meals. Other travelers told of poor service and tip-hungry staff, but I found none of that at all. In fact, after a few days of great treatment, I asked if the previous reviews had had an effect on the way the place was run, and the staff said that the management had indeed tightened it's grip on the way things are done, and that there were now only two Argentinian workers that were giving the resort a bad name with their actions.
What we did find there were great rooms with luxurious amenities, a nice and petit resort with well-maintained grounds, and none of the "old" feel that other reviewers had mentioned. I was truly impressed with the value of the place, and the staff were graceful and subtile in their service.
Some of the highlights:
we were greeted with champagne and cool towels to refresh ourselves while checking in, which was quick and easy. When we were asked if we wanted a time share type of presentation, we were not hassled at all when we promptly declined the invitation )a first in my years of experience)
The maid service was scheduled as we desired, and they never came earlier that we wanted.
We were given an evening snack made fresh in the kitchen every night.
At 6:00-7:00 am we were invited to a complimentary continental breakfast, which was a great way to watch the sunrise and start the day.
At 5:00pm tea is served, which I thought was a nice touch and a way to shift gears from pool time to evening time.
At 6:30pm was champagne time, which was a great way to watch the sunset and relax.

The staff never once hovered or gave the energy that they were expecting a tip, which I found refreshing.

The negatives:
The pool bar makes poor quality drinks. The bar mixes are cheap and the flavor of the drinks suffers horribly for it. The cranberry juice is pure, unsweetened cranberry juice, which is great if I were in a health spa, but didn't mix well with the vodka. After a couple of days we started bringing our own libations to the pool, despite the rules to the contrary.
The ocean there has a big shore break and swimming in it is discouraged, though I went in daily. the noise of the breakers crashing into the surf line can sound like a cannon report and wake one out of a deep sleep, but after the first night i got used to it and found it comforting.

Overall I have to recommend the Bel Air to anyone who wants to feel pampered without paying the price usually associated with these details.

Room Tip: Even in the new building the ocean and highway noise can be heard, so just prepare for it or use the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
BelAirCabosGerencia, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
I am more than delighted after reading this review!

You have truly catched the essence of our business and we couldn't be any happier. We have been working extra hard to satisfy everyone's neds so thank you for your wonderful review.

We hope you choose Bel Air for the next time you visit Mexico!!

Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was there on February for 3 days... My fourth such a visit to this property, and I must say was not dissatisfied, this property is on the smaller side, is very laid back... And if your interest is to relax, you will think to yourself... Mission accomplished!

Even as I love the property and most of the employees, I have to say that the service at the restaurants could be a little faster... The food was surprisingly good... But generally took some time to be delivered... Other than that I had a great time and can't wait to go back to relax again...

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
BelAirCabosGerencia, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you kindly for sharing your experience with us. We love to receive honest feedback like yours to help us keep up on the details that may fail from time to time.

Our mission is to help you relax as much as you can while you are in Los Cabos!!

Thank you again for such a wonderful review. Can't wait to have you back either!!

Warmest Regards.
Forestville, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Nice resort ... very clean and quiet. Not much to do unless you go into San Jose or Los Cabos. We travelled by bus most of the time and that was OK. It's always nice to see how the locals get around. Mega grocery store about a mile away. Within walking if its not too hot. You can then get a taxi back for about $5-7. We had a suite. Note that all suites do not have any balcony. Kind of disappointed by this as you were stuck in your room without being able to enjoy the awesome weather we had during our visit. No activities at all and the restaurants offer some deals, but have all these variations that must be met but never are. Only ate at the restaurant once and wasn't really impressed.

Room Tip: Try to get a one bedroom. Then you might have a balcony. Kitchen facilities in the rooms were good...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize you weren't impressed with the service. We have now more options for dinner. We are now promoting our Chef's Night which offers a special meal with no requierements other than being a guest at our resort!

We do recommend to ask for our prices and special deals on upgrades. If you give us the oportunity to assist you, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Our family just spent 2 weeks at this resort. We found it to be perfect for our needs. We had 10 in our group and everyone had a wonderful time.

Although we have gone to the Bel Air Collection in Nuevo Vallarta several times, this is our first visit to San Jose. The first day I found myself comparing it to Nuevo at every turn. We are very familiar with the staff and surroundings of that resort. It did not take long before we became very comfortable in our new surroundings. We also found that the new experience was going to be very enjoyable. The staff is friendly and helpful in every way. They made us feel welcome from the moment we entered the property. The check in was quick and they had our bags in our rooms before we finished lunch.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and well cared for. The housekeepers kept it that way throughout our stay. The kitchen had everything we needed. We watched very little television but the rooms all had flat screens and plenty of stations to catch the news or watch a program that we may have watched at home.

The pool is located on the side of the shoreline. I walked the beach each morning after breakfast and enjoyed it very much.

We didn't eat a lot of our meals there as we had members of our group that were eager to share their favorite restaurants in San Jose.

Our daughter ordered us a romantic dinner that was beautifully presented on the beach. It had luminaries leading to our table. The table was dressed with white linens and candles. They played beautiful music in the background. They even decorated the sand with special rakes. It was beautiful and definitely romantic! Pedro, our waiter, made us feel very special!

They offer a complimentary breakfast for early birds like me from 6:00am to 7:00am, but if you want to sleep a little later you may purchase a very nice breakfast at the restaurant. Some of our group visited the Souci & Martini bar and enjoyed it.

Taking a cab to the city is very easy. We were also pleased to see that there is a very good bus line within walking distance. San Jose is a beautiful little city. They have an Art Walk on Thursday from 6:00 - 9:00pm. The Ironman was going on and the city was festive and well prepared for the event.

There is some transitioning going on now so I can't wait to go back. The building that is going on now will be completed and some of the changes will be done.

Rene is the manager of the San Jose resort and does an excellent job. He goes out of his way to make sure all of the guests are taken care of. Member Services is headed by a lovely young lady named Stephanie. She is always trying to make sure the members have everything they need. She goes out of her way to make us feel welcome. We are grateful to everyone from Charlie at the front desk to Alan at the pool bar and all of the staff that I haven’t been able to memorize their names on our first visit.

We are looking forward to our visit in 2015!

Room Tip: There were not a lot of children when we went. I am not sure if they have kids activities at this r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We simply LOVE that you have such a high opinion of our service. It is our biggest pleasure that you took the time to know us by name. We certainly can't wait to have you back! I can assure you won't be disappointed to find all the new and exclusive treats that we prepared for all guest!

We can't thank you enough to have shared your vacation with your loved ones and your new Familia Bel Air.

Warmest Regards and See you soon!!

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos? Share your experiences!