The pictures on the resort website are accurate. Our one-bedroom villa was spacious, very clean, and beautifully decorated. All the lights had dimmer controls and were indirect. The bedroom had a jacuzzi tub, the kitchen was complete and had stainless steel appliances, and the patio was large. The hotel was quiet at night. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning our room.
The pool area was really nice and surrounded by lots of green landscaping. There were lots of available beach chairs located both around the pool and on the beach. The staff made sure that the hotel beach area was vendor free. The pool area was illuminated at night and looked absolutely beautiful.
The atmosphere was very relaxing. Guests were primarily in their early 30s-70s, and there were few children. The market on the premises was convenient.
After a very long day of travel we were tired and hungry and just wanted to get our key and go to our room. However we were forced to meet with the pushy inpatient rude concierge before we could get our key. It was more like like a sales pitch under the guise of a hotel orientation. Luckily, we were not approached for a sales talk at any other time.
It is about $4 for a can of Tecate and 3x that much for a mixed drink (the mixed drinks didn't taste very good). I would especially avoid the mojito during happy hour. The food was okay (but definitely overpriced). The pool area waiters were fairly attentive although service was slow at times.
There was about a 30-40min wait for the hotel-arranged shuttle from the airport.
The bathrooms are dimly lit so it's important to bring a compact mirror. Stock up on food basics and alcohol at the Mega (only a few minutes away by taxi). The hotel Market is worth checking out for snacks. Check out the pool area at night, it's absolutely beautiful. Hotel is not finished, but construction seems to have abruptly stopped, you may want to call ahead of time to see if construction is going on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort is an award-winning resort that features an award-winning spa, Paz. This resort also has a purpose built, $15 million wedding chapel, Corazon, that overlooks the resort out to the Sea of Cortez. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo