I just stayed at Cabo Azul last weekend. We booked an Ocean view room through bookit.com (paying nearly $300 for the room) and received a garden view. For the price, I would expect an ocean front room. We asked to be moved, and they could not move us until the second day of our stay AFTER 5 p.m. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion, especially since the place was not sold out and didn't appear to be that busy. My guess is if we had listened to the time share pitch, we could have been moved. So, they show us the new room which has an ocean view somewhat (if you looked beyond the pool grill palapa), but the room smelled like grease, as it was directly above the pool kitchen grill. YUCK. So, we stayed in our original room.
the rooms are nice, and the lighting is lovely. Its great to have a full kitchen and refrigerator at your disposal. The pool area was very pretty, and gardens were lush. The resort is still under construction, and the lobby area is just a temporary room. Again, for $300 per night, you might not think construction...
Location is good for walking into town and other dining options besides the resort. The marketplace at the resort is useful. I don't recommend eating at Javier's. I have been fighting the montezuma's revenge from my last meal at Javier's. Most of the food even in town is not inexpensive, and you should expect to spend $100 or more.
I'd recommend riding horses with the guy just off the resort on the beach. He's very reasonable and you get an hour ride along the water, which is lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort is an award-winning resort that features an award-winning spa, Paz. This resort also has a purpose built, $15 million wedding chapel, Corazon, that overlooks the resort out to the Sea of Cortez. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo