First off, I would like to mention that we are Monarch Vacation owners. This resort was recently bought out by Diamond Resorts. We attended an "owner update" to find out the status of our ownership. Of course, they wanted us to convert to Diamond but we choose to stay with Monarch. It was explained to us that we may not have the choice in units like before but we are ok with that. We can just book in advance and hope for the best. Besides, I didn't have an extra $12,000.00 at the moment.
As for the resort itself, we just love it. The staff is excellent and the resort itself is top quality. The units are very comfortable with the exception of not having very good lighting. One of the staff, Alejandro quickly brought us a lamp and attended to all our needs. The bar staff was very friendly and learned to call us by name. We met many nice people there and witnessed first hand how the staff responds to a medical emergency. One of the guests had a seizure. Luckily, we were sitting with a PA who responded along with a paramedic on property. She was taken to the hospital for observation for 24 hours and came back to enjoy the rest of her vacation.
The pools are warm and inviting. We enjoyed them very much. The food at the restaurants is expensive so we went to the Mega foods and purchased food to prepare in our unit. The variety at Mega is great and all very reasonable. You can easily walk up and take a taxi back for $5.00.
The beds are in one word, heavenly! There is a cat-5 internet connection that we used which is covered in the daily amenities fee of $150 pesos a day. That also includes daily maid service.
We visited the spa for a wonderful massage. We received the massage at a special of $38 dollars.
The weather was in the 80's with low humidity and felt very nice.
We will definitely return.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Cabo Azul Hotel
- Cabo Azul
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort is an award-winning resort that features an award-winning spa, Paz. This resort also has a purpose built, $15 million wedding chapel, Corazon, that overlooks the resort out to the Sea of Cortez. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Amex and Venere so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.