“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cabo Azul Resort

You added Cabo Azul Resort to your Saves list
Cabo Azul Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Malecon SN Lote 11 Fonatur, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 35%
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Absolutely beautiful, truly. I went with my boyfriend this past January 2012. A couple of minor issues only -- they were renovating the outdoor patio so when we were on the beach i heard the sound of drilling . Whats funny is that it didnt bother anyone else but me! Of course, by now the renovations might be over but check that out. the weather there in january was not superb. At 5pm when we were having a massage on the beach, it was chilly i recall. At night I was wearing a leather jacket. Also the water at the beach was rough so i would not go in, my bf did, though. I prefer calmer water, but realize it is the Pacific Ocean there....IF you really want to swim at the beach you might not want the pacific waters....aruba better for that... Okay so the good stuff. A stunning room! and i saw others just as stunning if not more! the infinity pools are amazing and the swim up bar! Staff was great! they came up to us on the beach to take our lunch order everyday which was great! We ate breakfast poolside which was nice, if you want less expensive, just go to their gift shop/cafe they have a nice selection of things there. We went out to eat everynight i like to get out and explore. The cab ride downtown is a bit expensive fyi. we went there one night for dancing which was great but a bit of a seedy area. the other areas of cabo great for restaurants! And i loved the snorkeling trip to the caves! When you pull up to the hotel the entrance faces a parking lot which is weird but when you come around the other side, AMAZING! We will go back this year because my BF actually purchased another week when he went to the timeshare meeting. But we want to go in a warmer month and we will definitely make sure there is no construction near the beach as we are avid beach bums! Don't miss the horse back riding too! OH and do not get a tattoo! I broke out in hives from it! lol enjoy! I can't remember the name , but go to the hotel for drinks that George Clooney and Aniston frequent. amazing view! google it..it has sushi. there were not many kids here as there was no kiddy pool. that worked for me!

Room Tip: we had a garden view room so we walked out of the room and were right near the beach which we liked...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We went for the first time this past week. It was great. Excellent service, really top draw food, and fun staff. The staff remember my daughter and her husband from their last visit, and couldn't have been nicer. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We've been to some pretty beautiful properties in the past, but Cabo Azul really took the cake. The architecture was gorgeous. The grounds impeccably clean. The villas decor was unmatched. And the infinity pools? Amazing. The restaurants had good food and the staff was friendly. Highly recommend checking out the spa as well. It was positively dreamy inside. If you're looking for a good resort in Cabo, look no further than Cabo Azul. TravelZoo and Amazon Local have been also running some pretty impeccable deals for this place for $599 for 4 nights. Our stay at Cabo Azul was easily one of the most relaxing vacations I have had. I usually love to hit the ground running while traveling, but I can honestly stay for once it was hard to ever leave where we were staying! Go go go!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carpinteria, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I never thought I would purchase a timeshare, but 4 years ago we decided to take a leap of faith and purchase into Pacific Monarch Resorts, because of Cabo Azul - a beautifully constructed resort in San Jose Del Cabo, the sister city to my hometown of Carpinteria, California. Pacific Monarch had 9 resorts and Cabo Azul was definitely the jewel in the crown. It is still beautiful with the most amazing pools and outdoor swim up bar. The service is wonderful. The villas are gorgeous and they have so many amenities. When we first joined they had wonderful yoga and salsa classes which they no longer offer. They have a gym and spa however, and can arrange for private yoga lessons. Unfortunately, Pacific Monarch has gone bankrupt and this resort has been purchased by Diamond. They are honoring Pacific Monarch memberships. It seems like Diamond has enough funds to finish the front of the building. Unfortunately, it costs a ton more money to become a Diamond timeshare owner than it did to become a Pacific Monarch owner and after January 1, 2013 they are only allotting one building to the previous Pacific Monarch owners - Building six which faces the pool. The rest of the resort will be for Diamond owners. We suffered through the timeshare spiel yet again when we visited this time - mainly because we wanted to see what the Diamond buyout means to us. The saleslady could not believe it when we said we don't want more choices but less. I like simplicity in my life and too many choices is confusing. Anyway, we wait to see what happens to this resort under Diamond and whether or not we will be able to get in when we want as Pacific Monarch owners.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

To begin I have to admit the resort was beautiful and the villas were gorgeous BUT I had such a horrible experience I can't believe they have such a high rating.
It really began when we got there, and they took FOREVER to check us in. They were disorganized and just kept forgetting about us. We had a 1.5 year old little kid with us and there was no lobby because of the construction so we had to sit in the parking lot. They just made us wait and wait and wait. If I remember correctly it took and hour for them to check us in and show us a room. That is the LONGEST I have ever waited to check into a hotel.
Then they gave us a room. Which was beautiful, we were super happy until about 12 hours later the banging and skills saws began. They were doing construction of some sort in the room directly below us. It was so loud our floors were shaking. We quickly called the front desk and told them about the problem. They told us they would call us back and figure something out.
Three hours later. Floors still shaking. Our son couldn't take a nap. They still hadn't followed up. We called again. Then again. It was now 11 pm and this was still going on.
I went downstairs and they said they would stop the construction and move us in the morning. They did neither. The construction went on all night.
After a sleepless night we called again first thing in the morning and they still didn't move us until 1pm the next day.
It was just a nightmare. The hotel wasn't even full. They just seriously had no concern for their guests. More than half of our anniversary vacation was ruined by the horrible unresponsive service.
No one ever apologized, they didn't even comp us a drink ticket. Nothing.
I'd rather stay have good service then a beautiful room with construction going on downstairs.
After we moved we had a nice time, there were plenty of nice people there but my experience was not up to par.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great facility. Wonderful pools nice and warm. There are actually three large pools that step down from the property to the beach and each one is set at a different temperature from warmer to cooler but still very comfortable in November. At night the resort is lit with firepits and just lovely. Javier restaurant on the property. Great service from the staff. We had a 3 bedroom suite with full kitchen large seating and dining area and huge balcony. We will return next year. Currently there is a deal on travelzoo for 1 and 2 bedroom units. Went into the little town for dinner, a short cab ride away and walkable too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the last week of Oct. with 3 friends. I loved and enjoyed every minute of my stay and so did my company. The service is very personal and people at this resort make it feel as their life mission is to keep the guest happy. We stayed in a 3 room suit and everything is impressive. The beds, the view, the location of the hotel, the drinks...
please while there, visit San Jose del Cabo and dine at the restaurant called "Salsitas". We discovered this restaurant just by accident and what an awesome experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!