I never thought I would purchase a timeshare, but 4 years ago we decided to take a leap of faith and purchase into Pacific Monarch Resorts, because of Cabo Azul - a beautifully constructed resort in San Jose Del Cabo, the sister city to my hometown of Carpinteria, California. Pacific Monarch had 9 resorts and Cabo Azul was definitely the jewel in the crown. It is still beautiful with the most amazing pools and outdoor swim up bar. The service is wonderful. The villas are gorgeous and they have so many amenities. When we first joined they had wonderful yoga and salsa classes which they no longer offer. They have a gym and spa however, and can arrange for private yoga lessons. Unfortunately, Pacific Monarch has gone bankrupt and this resort has been purchased by Diamond. They are honoring Pacific Monarch memberships. It seems like Diamond has enough funds to finish the front of the building. Unfortunately, it costs a ton more money to become a Diamond timeshare owner than it did to become a Pacific Monarch owner and after January 1, 2013 they are only allotting one building to the previous Pacific Monarch owners - Building six which faces the pool. The rest of the resort will be for Diamond owners. We suffered through the timeshare spiel yet again when we visited this time - mainly because we wanted to see what the Diamond buyout means to us. The saleslady could not believe it when we said we don't want more choices but less. I like simplicity in my life and too many choices is confusing. Anyway, we wait to see what happens to this resort under Diamond and whether or not we will be able to get in when we want as Pacific Monarch owners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort is an award-winning resort that features an award-winning spa, Paz. This resort also has a purpose built, $15 million wedding chapel, Corazon, that overlooks the resort out to the Sea of Cortez. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo