To begin I have to admit the resort was beautiful and the villas were gorgeous BUT I had such a horrible experience I can't believe they have such a high rating.
It really began when we got there, and they took FOREVER to check us in. They were disorganized and just kept forgetting about us. We had a 1.5 year old little kid with us and there was no lobby because of the construction so we had to sit in the parking lot. They just made us wait and wait and wait. If I remember correctly it took and hour for them to check us in and show us a room. That is the LONGEST I have ever waited to check into a hotel.
Then they gave us a room. Which was beautiful, we were super happy until about 12 hours later the banging and skills saws began. They were doing construction of some sort in the room directly below us. It was so loud our floors were shaking. We quickly called the front desk and told them about the problem. They told us they would call us back and figure something out.
Three hours later. Floors still shaking. Our son couldn't take a nap. They still hadn't followed up. We called again. Then again. It was now 11 pm and this was still going on.
I went downstairs and they said they would stop the construction and move us in the morning. They did neither. The construction went on all night.
After a sleepless night we called again first thing in the morning and they still didn't move us until 1pm the next day.
It was just a nightmare. The hotel wasn't even full. They just seriously had no concern for their guests. More than half of our anniversary vacation was ruined by the horrible unresponsive service.
No one ever apologized, they didn't even comp us a drink ticket. Nothing.
I'd rather stay have good service then a beautiful room with construction going on downstairs.
After we moved we had a nice time, there were plenty of nice people there but my experience was not up to par.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort is an award-winning resort that features an award-winning spa, Paz. This resort also has a purpose built, $15 million wedding chapel, Corazon, that overlooks the resort out to the Sea of Cortez. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo