We spent a week in the Cabo Azul resort and I have to say it was the nicest family resort we have visited. I have four children - 13 to 4 - and there was something for everyone to do. The grounds are exquisite - extraordinarily well maintained. There are people at work at 5AM sweeping the lawn and tending to the amazing landscaping. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite on the ground floor with a garden view - it was perfect for us. Kids could run out the door and play on the grass and in the hammock. It was a stone's throw to the pool (only thing worth being aware of if you have very young kids). The three-tiered pool is exactly like it looks in the pictures (actually the whole resort is exactly as it looks in the photos.) There are three connecting pools and the top two are actually heated so the water is refreshing but not cold. Bottom pool is cooler. All pools have fabulous padded lounge chairs around them and on site towel service. Poolside waitstaff is also great. Happy hour is 3-5:30 with two for one drinks.
The food in the restaurants is great - this was a surprise as so often the food is bad at resorts. We had great meals at Flor de Noche by the pool. Julio's is also excellent but for the price with small kids may not be worth it. There is a market on the second floor of the resort that has good sandwiches and fresh gelato - a great place to grab a quick bite or dessert after dinner. There is also an internet cafe up there if you want to check something online and don't have access. Don't miss the spa too - great services and really well designed.
The rooms were nice - a little dark would be my only comment. The second bedroom had no windows and only very dim lighting. Decor was beautiful overall though. Kitchen was modern - granite/stainless steel. Nice big couches and huge sliders that open to the lawn in our case or a veranda on upper floors.
There was a push to do the tour for a time share but nothing too terrible compared to other resorts. We have always said no to this but this time we changed our mind mid-week because the place was so nice.
The resort is very convenient to airport - 15-20 minutes max. It is a 2 minute drive to lovely Cabo San Jose which is great to walk around. VERY SAFE AREA. Fun galleries and little shops - not as touristy as Cabo San Lucas. If you like Thai DON'T MISS Baan Thai in San Jose. Amazing food and amazing atmosphere - as odd as it sounds in Mexico their Thai was phenomenal and cooked on grill on outside patio.
If you are looking around and wondering whether this is as nice and family friendly as it looks I sincerely can say don't hesitate.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Cabo Azul Hotel
- Cabo Azul
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort is an award-winning resort that features an award-winning spa, Paz. This resort also has a purpose built, $15 million wedding chapel, Corazon, that overlooks the resort out to the Sea of Cortez. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex and Venere so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.