“Super Girls Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Decameron Los Cabos

You added Royal Decameron Los Cabos to your Saves list
Royal Decameron Los Cabos
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Malecon San Jose S/N zona hotelera | San Jose Del Cabo, Baja California Sur, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“Super Girls Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We booked a super cheap Groupon and were pleasantly surprised. The resort was not crowded but summer is their off season. The Buffett was good plenty to eat. The restaurant was better make your reservation early. We requested water in place of our sodas in the mini bar and our request was granted. The staff was AMAZING!! Tips go a long way and you don't need much. Come with American $1 bills and a few $5 for the bigger services. The Spa was nice and booked an affordable excursion $40!! Was well worth the money. I emailed guest services ahead to have our rooms together that was no problem also! Again the staff was great Roman, J Carlos, Antonio, and the entire Buffett staff!! Even brought a surprise cake on our friends B-Day. Town was nice and clean with restaurants and gallery's and a Mega store, Starbucks right across the street. If your looking for a wild time this is not for you but a nice all inclusive, at a great price this is it! Set expect ions properly and you'll have a great time.

Stayed July 2014
guest_service153, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Los Cabos, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
On behalf of the Royal Decameron Los Cabos I would like to thank you for your comments. Thank you for choosing us to spend your time in los cabos.

We hope you will choose to visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Back in the freezing days of Chicago, I was looking forward to a warm vacation in June. After reviewing a CheapCaribbean email, I came across a deal to Cabos that I couldn't pass up! I just returned on June 29th and couldn't have been much happier with my decision.

The great - The resort is gorgeously designed. Everything around looks beautiful and comfortable. The views are amazing and almost every room has a balcony/patio. You never have to wait for a chair near the pool. There are plenty available and the place is never overcrowded. The staff are fantastic! Everyone was helpful and the activities people are so much fun! I felt like I was part of the family. The rooms were just ok on the inside. My friend and I took this trip together and I was a bit shocked to learn that we had no bathroom privacy. That was hard, but we got over it. That was minor to us. The food wasn't the best, but it was certainly better than most all-inclusive resorts. We really loved the authentic Mexican food and wished they did more of it. I know they have to cater to all, but we were in Mexico and were excited for it!

The bad - the alcohol. I like to drink. But cheap liquor is terrible! I had a hard time with this. If they can just up it a little, it would make a world of difference. Also the pools closed early. That was frustrating. And there isn't a 24hr bar or restaurant. We did not like that we couldn't eat and drink when we wanted.

Overall, the resort is small. One buffet and one ala carte restaurant. It offers great entertainment, good food, nice people and a relaxing environment. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Lancaster, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This resort is very nice! Very modern and clean. Yes there is no air in the lobby but the lobby is an open area so it would be dumb to have an air conditioner maybe ceiling fan. It is sooo clean being sorta OCD this made me feel great! The food was traditional they had a snack bar for people like me that just have a hard time with change but dont get the burger. LOVE THEIR FRIES and the beef burrito. Roman at the front desk, Daniel in the buffet area and all the other staff were great! Again so clean.... the staff wears hairnets all the staff.. The animation staff aka events staff were corny but good corny its commercial pleasure.. I had a blast. I went with three other ladies we had a blast . No the room wasnt a suite but thats not what i paid for. I love it anyone complaining about this place are people that are just difficult .. It wasnt a busy place I loved that not alot partying , which I loved.. If you are a person looking for all this activity go somewhere else. As for the guys trying to sell stuff its Mexico, tourism is important .. they respect you they do not hound you they are behind a rope as they are at all the resorts along the beach. They do not follow you or harrass you so no biggie. I love this place and would love to go back.

Room Tip: We booked it on bookit.com and their suite is realllllllly nice! And its super clean... Its not a p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It's really hard to complain about this place considering what we payed for our 4 night stay.....but in this case I would have gladly payed more in order to avoid this place. Upon check in my first initial reaction was great, the staff was friendly and greeted us with orange juice and the lobby was clean and updated. Our room was clean and stocked with a few drinks and I have to admit the be was really comfy. We were sent to breakfast and the staff there was very friendly and attentive. There are three pools (we never found a hot tub...) and from what we found three bars. That'd about all of the good.....

The food ranged from just okay to horrible. The "restaurant" that serves dinner and requires a reservation (though I'm not sure why because each time we went we were one of probably 4 or 5 tables max) is just sad. I ordered a seafood pasta and it still makes me sick to my stomach to think about...gummy peices of squid and some other unknown fish tossed in luke warm grey broth. I took one taste and couldn't go on. The breakfast is okay, you can get by on an omelet and some yogurt. The buffet dinner was pretty much the same every night, a few dishes I didn't dare to try and others were ok.

The bars, when you can get served, is okay if you're able to just stick with beer. Half the time, the bar you're at will be out of whatever you want and they'll tell you to go to another bar. The liquor is bottom shelf, or maybe the kind they store under the shelves themselves. If you want decent drinks, walk across to the mega where you can buy your own bottle.
The staff for the most part was actually pretty rude. The breakfast staff and the bellboys were the friendliest of the group. The front desk staff can be argumentative and the bartenders made it obvious they didn't really care if you got your drink or not.

There were definitely a few good points to our stay, but overall I wouldn't come here again. When you think all-inclusive you think about an overall great relaxing experience and this just wasn't it, I feel kind of sad that I didn't just spend more to have a better experience for our first trip to Cabo! Though, if you just need to get away to Mexico and want a clean bed to sleep in...you might be pleased by this place!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We would like to inform you that we have been working on the points you have mentioned above in order to fix the inconvenience you had, and guaranty that it does not repeat itself. in regards to the bars we actually have 6 functioning bars at the moment.

We hope that you return to our resort in order to enjoy the entirety of our hotel and services it has to offer.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I wasn't too sure what to expect due to all the mixed reviews of this resort but I had a great experience! My boyfriend and I went with another couple (ages 27-30) and we had a blast here. It definitely helps to make conversation with the staff you come in contact with because then they better remember you through out your stay. When we came to check in, we were a couple hours early, check in is at 3. They stored our luggage away while we scoped out the property and had ourselves a drink at the rooftop pool by the beach. We had the pleasure of meeting Aslan, the bartender up there who is a pretty funny guy. He shared stories with us about when the resort was once a swingers resort, had us laughing and connected our phone to his speaker to play music. We had mentioned we wanted Jack Daniels which he didn't have at the time, and the day before we left he made sure to have a bottle of JD up there for us! Going back to check in, Roman the front desk guy totally hooked it up with an awesome beach view suite because we told him we were on our honeymoon. We couldn't believe it, 2 bathrooms and 3 beds for just me and my boyfriend. I never had a bad encounter with any of the staff, everyone is eager to serve you and always greet you even just passing in the halls. I felt like there was such a happy vibe in the resort. We met a lot of people who were staying there, everyone has nothing but good things to say about their stay. We had a do not disturb sign on our door throughout our stay so when we saw the cleaning lady in the hall, she gave us fresh towels and toilet paper. Same with the refreshments, we saw a guy with a cart of bottled sodas, waters and beers in the hall to restock the fridges in the rooms and he gave us whatever we asked for. The ONLY thing I wasn't too crazy about was the food. I'm from Texas so I love Mexican food, it's not the same at all. I say stick with the buffet over the restaurant outside, we weren't too impressed with the food in the restaurant. But we always ate whatever they had, I mean we were very hungry after drinking in the sun all day. If you want something specific in the buffet, just ask. We wanted ice cream after dinner, it wasn't out there so we asked and we received. We always made sure to tip everyone who helped us. Ask for the guacamole drink from Aslan, it was delicious and did the job.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at this resort and though we still had a magical time we will never go back. Our room was burglarized and there were many witnesses giving clear identification of another guest entering our room. We reported it to the hotel and corporation and they prevented us from calling the police, the main offices in Colombia lied about not knowing who was in charge, the guest services "manager" did everything to prevent us from recovering our property and when we returned to California we were able to locate our phones in Texas and the thief began to send harassing messages to my wife. They still refused any assistance and told us to come back and call the police. This hotel put every single guest at risk by not attempting to apprehend a person who would commit burglary and we are very thankful that nobody was in the room. Fire pit only gets lit 2 months out of the year and the "hot tub" ended up being just a broken down cold small pool. Food and beverage service staff were great, at least. Having stayed and worked at both foreign and American owned resorts in Mexico, we have learned to stay with American properties. The difference is night and day and worth the extra money, if any. Stay away from Royal DeCameron resorts, they will do nothing to ensure their guests safety.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
guest_service153, Public Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Los Cabos, responded to this review, August 6, 2014

We hope that you return to our resort in order to enjoy the entirety of our hotel and the services it has to offer.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Honestly don't know where to begin. I NEVER EVER write reviews, but I had to on this one! Checking in, we had reserved 1 king bed w/ocean view and they gave me and my husband 2 double beds with the view of the restaurant. And didn't want to change it. The lady at the front desk named Yesenia is probably the rudest person I have ever encountered at a Hotel. Anyways, WIFI is $10 A DAY PER DEVICE & THERE IS ALSO A CHARGE FOR THE SAFE!! Food is all inclusive for a reason! it tastes BAD, no flavor! At the buffet my husband saw a roach walking on the ''clean'' plates and they just killed it like it was no biggie, then I found hair in my waffles. we just couldn't get a break. The drinks are watered down like crazy and they don't even know how to make drinks to top it off. they close the pools at 7/8 and expect you to sit through the shows they put on which are ridiculous! There is no AC in the entire hotel, only in the rooms, so don't expect to chill anywhere without drenching in sweat, super humid. The room we got was small with a small balcony & the bathroom is small too, The door to the shower is the same door for if you wana use the toilet, so weird! never seen that! and that same door happens to be see-through. so if you're a couple I guess its no big deal. The ''mini-bar'' in the rooms are ridiculous! 2 waters 2 sodas and 2 beers! that's it! We stayed here for 4 days & I kid you not, every single day we asked for more water bottles and they always said they would bring them to us and NEVER DID! We would call about every 30 min and nothing, til we went down to the bar & asked the bar tender to fill the empty ones we had. That made us mad, cause they kept lying to us and all they would say was sorry we will send some and its like they didn't care cause they never did. One of the days, the toilet got stopped up & we asked for a plunger & you can already imagine how that went. Plunger got to us THE NEXT DAY! and it was when we were not in our room so they left it outside our door! The only restaurant they have here that is not a nasty buffet is good food, BUT you cannot eat there unless you make reservations, & there is a window to make reservations too. So if you miss it, you cant eat there. even if there are sooo many empty seats they don't care. The beach is a non- swimmable beach, so that was disappointing & to top it off, you cant just enjoy the view of it, because the ppl trying to sell you stuff, form a line in front of you and display what they are selling on the sand!! I don't know why there isn't a beach rule for that. The one and only good thing I have to say about this place is that SOME of the ppl working here are very nice & really try to accommodate you, but for the girl YESENIA at the front desk, you can tell she really doesn't like her job & don't care about one bit about customer service! Don't stay here! You will be very disappointed! Also this place at night turns into a GhostTown. Nothing to do, Stay somewhere in cabo san lucas instead! or maybe another hotel in los cabos, but not here. We felt that because we used a groupon to stay here, they treated us a certain way too. My husband and i are not picky ppl AT ALL either! just so you can get an idea, stay away from this place, you have been warned!!

Room Tip: rooms are soooooo small
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
guest_service153, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Decameron Los Cabos, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
On behalf of the Royal Decameron Los Cabos I would like to thank you for your comments and suggestions. we apologize for the inconveniences you had in our resort. We would like to inform you that we have been working on these aspects in order to fix the inconvenience you had, and guaranty that it does not repeat itself.

Been to Royal Decameron Los Cabos? Share your experiences!