“Wonderful week (with an infant)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

You added Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo del Malecon l-5 D, Fonatur Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (Formerly Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
New All Inclusive Hotels
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Guelph, ON
“Wonderful week (with an infant)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We took our 11 month old son to the Hyatt in Feb 2014 and couldn't have been happier!
The Staff were so attentive and helpful with everything that we needed.

The restaurants were delicious, especially the Japanese and French. We had no problem finding lots to eat at the buffet and everything was kept well stocked and fresh.

The beach was lovely and you can walk for quite a distance in either direction.

We walked into town pretty much every morning while our son napped in the stroller and everyone we met was friendly and we always felt comfortable.

Overall it was a fantastic trip and we hope to return one day!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had one night to stay at this resort and was fully impressed not only with the room but also with the food and service. I had an ocean view room; spectacular views. The pools were crowded but I still had no problem finding my chair. The wait staff is attentive but not so overly attentive that you feel you are being bothered. Activities around the resort do not disappoint. At dinner, I was impressed with the selection of wines, breads, and cheeses to select from. I felt this stay was several steps above and beyond the traditional all-inclusive resort. My only complaint comes from the checkout process; the clerk attempted to charge me a second time for my room and also for movies that I most certainly did not order. This situation escalated to the point a manager had to intervene. Overall the process of sorting out my bill took 25 minutes and I almost missed my ride to the airport.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade to an oceanview room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to host you. We appreciate the time you took to write your comments.

Definitely the feedback of our guests helps us to continue improving and offer the best experiences to all our visitors.

We want to provide the same service in all our areas, our Front Desk Manager is aware of your comments and the proper actions will be taken to avoid more inconveniences with our future guests.

It is great to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and we hope to have another opportunity to host you with the level of service that you expect from Hhyatt Ziva Los Cabos.

Loma Linda, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beachfront property is expansive in scale, the view from the vip check in lounge was gorgeous. Clean, nicely decorated hotel, rebranded by Hyatt.

The property offered swim up rooms, so we thought we would try them out. Although it seemed nice to step out onto your own private submerged patio/pool we quickly learned of its drawbacks. The rooms are humid and lack a degree of privacy. The kids in the neighboring rooms of course loved them and would swim up to us to say hi.

Next time, high floor ocean front. The hotel falters in its execution of the all inclusive concept. They literally limit your access to food by rotating a limited selection of restaurants to be open despite boasting seven or so on property. One night we waited an hour to eat at the Italian restaurant. Finally got seated, only to have to wait another hour before our food arrived. Tables around us were disgusted and were leaving. Somehow we saw the comedy in this and stayed just to see the absurdity play out. Ridiculous.

Biggest insult was at checkout.

They refused to release our luggage unless we paid them the equivalent of 250usd in fees.

When we inquired they could not tell us what those fees were, especially since we prepaid in full and had no incidental charges. (We gave up on playing the close half the restaurants each night game, and dined at other properties and in town). So I ran upstairs to the vip check in lounge, and they also could not explain the charge, but insisted i owed them. They knew we had to catch a plane and had us. So I signed the slip figuring I would take it up with Amex platinum services. Big mistake, Amex later advised us that the signatures match, therefore I authorized the charge.

Very dirty business practices. Grateful that I'm in a position in life that it can be absorbed without a thought. But as anyone can agree, it's the principle.

Management would not reverse the charges, unless I jump through their hoops of scanning or faxing my credit card front and back. With a detailed letter of who I dealt with blah blah blah. Come on...how hard is it to look up my reservation and credit my card as provided. I don't have time for jokers like these.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Ziva for a week. It was our 2nd all-inclusive vacation, the first in Mexico. All I can say is that we are glad we chose the Hyatt Ziva and Cabo as our first destination in Mexico!

The Hotel:

The hotel is very clean and well maintained, not sure how old it is but it seems to have been kept up pretty well. We booked a standard room (non-oceanview); our original room was on the 2nd floor (lobby level) but it was a bit noisy due to its proximity to the pool. On our 2nd morning we inquired if another room was available and were offered a room on the 5th floor at the end of the building, which actually had an ocean view (albeit obstructed). We took this room and were glad we did. The 2nd room was much larger, with a separate bedroom and living room and two full bathrooms. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the rooms cleaned and the guys restocking the mini-bar daily was nice enough to only stock what we wanted. The wi-fi in the room was pretty weak, but we mostly used it in the lobby so that wasn't an issue.

The food was excellent for an all-inclusive and the wait staff were mostly very attentive and courteous. There was quite a bit of variety for all 3 meals although you tend to see a lot of repetitive items towards the end of your stay. Nonetheless we had no complaints about the food. We tried the Japenese a la carte, but not impressed so didn't try any of the others and stuck with the buffet for the rest of our stay.

The Beach is amazing. We only came out either early in the morning or later in the day and it was not busy at all. You can walk pretty far in either direction along some of the other hotels on the beach. There are vendors on the beach but they do respect the resort boundary and will not bother you too much if you indicate your lack of interest. The fire pits on the beach were awesome and we used them a couple of nights before and after dinner to relax. Hotel grounds are very well maintained with a lot of seating space everywhere. There is nightly entertainment, we attended part of one show and it seemed very well put together.

Location (Cabo): The hotel is located in San Jose del Cabo, which is close to the airport (about 20 min drive I think) and about 30 min drive from Cabo San Lucas. Outside the hotel there are a lot of condos in the area as well as a small shopping mall across the road. We did venture over but it wasn't the best place to shop, for that Cabo San Lucas is better. You can take the local bus to the centre of San Jose, there are some souvenir shops in that area but we found the Cabo San Lucas shopping to be better. Cabo San Lucas is a 30 mins drive from Hyatt Ziva. We took a cab there, was about $15 I believe. On the way back we took the local bus, which was less then $1 per person and dropped at the shopping mall across the road. Would definitely recommend a day trip to Cabo San Lucas and if you can take a whale watching excursion.

Overall it was an excellent all inclusive experience for us at the Hyatt Ziva and would be happy to return if looking at Cabo for vacation again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Many thanks for your gentile words, we are proud to hear this kind of comments.

We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities and our food, our Food and Beverage Team is always innovating the plates and menus. Our six specialty restaurants offer a big variety of the best cuisine of the world, in our elegant spaces you can experience the best quality.
Nobody should miss the activities that we have in Cabo this is the best way to enjoy the beautiful sceneries.

Once again thank you for your kind comments, we are looking forward to see you again.

Mountain View, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014

This review is specific to an issue that we spent much of our honeymoon time talking with Fernanda, who was apparently one of the hotel managers. They double charged us for one night of our stay back in September (once through they Hyatt and once through Expedia) when we were assured that the finance department would refund our credit card within 2-3 days. Thinking this is a Hyatt, an american company, we would be safe. They are clearly unorganized, as we have been talking to corporate for months and they have asked for our credit card bill (2 times) and still have not given us the refund. To avoid being charged inappropriately, I would take caution with this hotel. We are extremely disappointed and will no longer stay at any Hyatt hotels for our travels. It's too bad, since this is a beautiful hotel.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014

I stayed with some friends at the Hyatt Ziva in September for a bachelorette party. 3 people shared the room for 2 nights and 2 on the third night. This was all clearly booked properly in our reservation confirmation received via email. Our overall stay was good but when we checked out the staff said their printer was broken so they could not show me my final bill. When I returned home I saw my credit card was charged more than what I had agreed to at check in. Upon calling numerous times, I found out that they billed me for an additional person the last night. I explained that this person used the hotel shuttle to the airport and they could verify that there were just two people the last night. I was put in touch with Rodolfo Sanchez who said he would look into it for me but then has not returned any of my emails. So I am out the $80 as of now. This could have all been avoided if their printer was not "broken" upon checkout.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

First of all we want to thank you for the time you took to write your comments.

We will make our proper arrangements in order to improve our service, the feedback from our guest helps us to improve our service and achieve our main goal, which is complete customer satisfaction. The department is aware of the details that you mentioned and the actions has been taken with all our staff to avoid these details occur in the future, is important to mention we only make charge in the credit card only if we have the customer signature authorization.

We hope you give us the opportunity to host you in the future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

The most memorable thing about the last trip we went on to the Hyatt Ziva in Los Cabos was the food. We tried most of the restaurants and found all of them to be excellent! We can't wait to go back again!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time that you took to write your comments, we appreciate your kind words.

It is great to know that you experienced all our restaurants and enjoyed them.

Los Cabos is in continue development and improvement we are working hard to become the favorite destination in Mexico.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!