My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Ziva for a week. It was our 2nd all-inclusive vacation, the first in Mexico. All I can say is that we are glad we chose the Hyatt Ziva and Cabo as our first destination in Mexico!
The hotel is very clean and well maintained, not sure how old it is but it seems to have been kept up pretty well. We booked a standard room (non-oceanview); our original room was on the 2nd floor (lobby level) but it was a bit noisy due to its proximity to the pool. On our 2nd morning we inquired if another room was available and were offered a room on the 5th floor at the end of the building, which actually had an ocean view (albeit obstructed). We took this room and were glad we did. The 2nd room was much larger, with a separate bedroom and living room and two full bathrooms. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the rooms cleaned and the guys restocking the mini-bar daily was nice enough to only stock what we wanted. The wi-fi in the room was pretty weak, but we mostly used it in the lobby so that wasn't an issue.
The food was excellent for an all-inclusive and the wait staff were mostly very attentive and courteous. There was quite a bit of variety for all 3 meals although you tend to see a lot of repetitive items towards the end of your stay. Nonetheless we had no complaints about the food. We tried the Japenese a la carte, but not impressed so didn't try any of the others and stuck with the buffet for the rest of our stay.
The Beach is amazing. We only came out either early in the morning or later in the day and it was not busy at all. You can walk pretty far in either direction along some of the other hotels on the beach. There are vendors on the beach but they do respect the resort boundary and will not bother you too much if you indicate your lack of interest. The fire pits on the beach were awesome and we used them a couple of nights before and after dinner to relax. Hotel grounds are very well maintained with a lot of seating space everywhere. There is nightly entertainment, we attended part of one show and it seemed very well put together.
Location (Cabo): The hotel is located in San Jose del Cabo, which is close to the airport (about 20 min drive I think) and about 30 min drive from Cabo San Lucas. Outside the hotel there are a lot of condos in the area as well as a small shopping mall across the road. We did venture over but it wasn't the best place to shop, for that Cabo San Lucas is better. You can take the local bus to the centre of San Jose, there are some souvenir shops in that area but we found the Cabo San Lucas shopping to be better. Cabo San Lucas is a 30 mins drive from Hyatt Ziva. We took a cab there, was about $15 I believe. On the way back we took the local bus, which was less then $1 per person and dropped at the shopping mall across the road. Would definitely recommend a day trip to Cabo San Lucas and if you can take a whale watching excursion.
Overall it was an excellent all inclusive experience for us at the Hyatt Ziva and would be happy to return if looking at Cabo for vacation again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo