“Family resort at its best” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo del Malecon l-5 D, Fonatur Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (Formerly Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“Family resort at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Ok let me start by saying the only reason I don't give this resort a perfect score is because after a long day of flying I got to the hotel about 9 pm and was told that my room wasn't ready so I had to wait an hour so my room would be ready for my family and I. After that ordeal we where walked to our room by a very helpful and nice employee. The room was comfortable and clean it had a incredible view. Now what blew my mind was that I have been to several family resorts around the world and I was truly impressed by the activities going on around the pool area everyone would participate. My kids loved that there was a lot of different things to do all day. The resort grounds are beautiful the food at the buffet all I can say is "wow"the food at the resteraunts was also great. The one downfall of this hotel is the beach being so beautiful is not swim able it's told to you as you check in I was lucky that 2 days of my stay i was able to get in the beach because the waves died down. The resort is a drive away from Cabo but it was fine I had a rental car and the drive was very nice with beach on one side and dessert on the other. The staff at this hotel is very and I mean very nice and wait on you hands and knees. Recommendation save your seats around the pool early before you go the the buffet for breakfast they go fast. I really recommend this resort especially if you have kids there is always something to do and you can enjoy the sun. This resort was one of my favorite family vacations ever.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

OMG! this hotel was the best! Food was out of this world! High Class waiters and staff!
They pulled your chair out before you sat at the buffet or out for dinner and they draped your napkin over your lap and carried your plate to your table!!! I felt like a Princess! They had a wonderful dinner at the beach almost every night....Glass of white wine on the beach with grilled chicken, steak, shrimp and great fresh salads of all kinds....Even mashed potatoes! Entertainment was great.... nite life shuts down after 10 but there are plenty other places to go....
Always food around and plenty of it! Very Very Excellent food!!! Excellent shopping in both places---San Jose is authentic and San Lucas very exclusive and have great Marina Restaurants all around... A Must See (take the boat ride to see the Arcs) In sane!!! So cool and amazing! I had the best time of my life. One tip you can't swim in this ocean--undertow is very very strong... but you can wade in it.... and lay by the beach....the pool is outstanding!
I stayed in Building 3 top floor you get the ocean and beach view.....no extra price...ENJOY!!!!
I will be back...

Room Tip: higher the rooms less noise swim up rooms are not a big deal--but they look nice...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to play a part in making your experience as you were planned, thank you for sharing your comments.

Nobody should leave Los Cabos without visit the Arch, definitely an example of the natural beauties that this destination has to offer. We are delighted with your kind comments, our associates are committed to offer unique and memorable experiences to all our guests.

We are looking forward to host you again.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here in January 2012 with about 40 other friends when it was part of the Barceló chain. It was our first time in Cabo and first all-inclusive and it set the bar so high for us. We got engaged this year and decided almost without hesitation to get married at this resort, now as a Hyatt. I know they have made many huge improvements from Barceló, and it was amazing then I can't even imagine what it's like now.
We were set to arrive Oct 28th for our wedding on November 3rd at the Hyatt. But with hurricane Odile causing so much damage to the hotel we were forced to cancel. But the amount of professional staff we have dealt with for cancelling and going through refunding processes has been unbelievable. Every single person we have been in contact with has shown nothing but kindness and apologies... even though the hurricane is clearly no one's fault. The wedding planner I dealt with for months Ariadna was so fantastic to work with and answered all my silly questions always within a day or 2.
The actual hotel (not Hyatt headquarters) personally called me to discuss the refunding process - which I was worried I was even going to get back because you never know what type of fine print some contracts have - but it was no question. When I received the phone call from my wedding planner she told me they were only getting power for an hour every day and that she would never complain of the heat again after now experiencing the heat without AC! She was saying this while laughing! She was so happy to call me and apologize for the whole inconvenience even though her home was damaged and had a lot needing to be done she was spending her time calling me. Before hanging up she said -This hurricane might have destroyed a lot of the hotel but we will rebuild it better and more beautiful than it ever was!!
I was just really blown away at their kindness and how apologetic they were that the wedding had to be cancelled. Even though I CANNOT imagine how many brides were calling freaking out or guests trying to call to get their packages back, they were all so calm and collected.
We will definitely be going back when the hotel is back up and running in April 2015

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your kind words and the time you took to share them.

It is very sorry that this unfortunate event caused the cancellation of such important day that you had chosen to celebrate with us, we are working hard to recover this beautiful resort, as we love to serve we cannot wait to keep offering the friendliest service.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Glen Cove, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I cannot say enough about my time spent here. Although recently this resort may have been impacted by the recent storms to hit the area, I was fortunate to experience the full experience early September 2014. The weather was amazing which added to my time here. My girlfriend and I were immediately wowed by the grand entrance of the lobby. The elegant chic décor, and open space was truly amazing. We arrived to our room, and it was true to picture. They entire room was grand in scale, and the bed was comfortable and the balcony had the most amazing view ever. Upon check we had requested a upgrade, but were advised that although we had a garden view, we had a partial ocean view, and would really be down grading. The receptionist was absolutely right. The staff was courteous and helpful everywhere we went. The grounds were immaculate, even with the multiple destination wedding groups that were in attendance. The restaurants were delicious and everything we expected. This is a high end luxury all inclusive, which is almost unheard of. Being from NY the sushi was amazing, and the hibachi was comparable to local establishments. Which was definitely a surprise. Even upon check out we were treated graciously and expeditiously by the staff. I have never been to Los Cabos, or a Hyatt property but am definitely keeping it in my list of go backs.
Breakdown:
Staff- AMAZING
Bed- AMAZING
Noise level- NONE
A/C - Excellent
Cleanliness - Immaculate (there was dampness, but its expected with the climate and the AC control)

OVERALL- Best value for your money and great for a getaway, and apparently a wedding!

Room Tip: Most garden view rooms on higher floors include a partial ocean view if you don't mind neighbori...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

There are no words to express our appreciation for your kind comments, we are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time with us.

Our main goal is to create memorable experiences to all our guests from the first to the last moment with the best quality and attentive service. All our areas were created for your comfort and enjoyment.

We are working hard to recover our beautiful property and continue pampering our guests. We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My Husband and I stayed at Hyatt Ziva for four days at the end of June 2014 for 5 nights. We have stayed at the new Hyatt Zilara in Cancun (got married here in April), so we booked at ZIVA in Los Cabos to try another Hyatt property.

Airport: It is a madhouse! Stay away form all of the people coming at you asking you for your transfer information, they say they work for the airport but they are LYING! Just walk out of the airport and avoid these people at all cost. If you have booked an airport shuttle, they will be waiting outside. Always conform your shuttle service prior to your arrival and have your confirmation documentation with you!

Check-in was fast and efficient, though the greeting felt cold. The gentleman didn’t say “welcome, hello, how are you,” etc or any type of greeting. He merely asked for my identification and proceeded to give me my room keys. While I appreciate the efficiency, I feel it is good customer service to at least greet your guests who have traveled a long distance and paid a lot of money to stay at your hotel.

Wifi service is poor in the hotel, needs improvement.

Ziva is a large hotel with 3 pools, several restaurants and bars to choose from, a 24 hour lobby bar and a sports lounge that is open till 2am. So there is always something open if you want a drink or a snack, though the snacks at the lobby bar are terrible. The food at the Mexican buffet is good, the service needs some major improvements. The service was very poor at the buffet, we never had a server take our drink order, we had to go to the bar ourselves. One night we walked in and every table was either taken or dirty. We walked around the entire place several times trying to find an available and clean table to only be told by the servers to "keep looking." I ended up bussing and cleaning an empty table so we could have a seat for dinner. There were more dirty unused tables than taken ones, it was absolutely ridiculous. The food was good, some days more than others, but decent nonetheless. We ate at the buffet every night so we can't speak on the quality of the restaurants, but they looked clean and always busy.

Our minibar was stocked every day and the housekeeping did an outstanding job. This is definitely a clean hotel. The pool servers work very hard to make sure you are happy. While tips are included, a few dollars here and there go a long way and they appreciate it. Order beer otherwise your drinks will be watered down, or order a double shot in your drink while at the bar. Important to remember to call your liquor, or you’ll be served the bottom shelf stuff. If you know what you want and you’re specific, then you shouldn’t have any problems.

Entertainment is average, could be better. It seemed like the children enjoyed them more than the adults. The woman playing the piano and signing in the lobby bar is pretty talented, but annoying. In an attempt to get the crowd going she makes silly jokes, forces people onto the stage, etc. If her piano playing and singing get the crowd to sing along, there’s no need to add any of the other things, she tries too hard and ends up looking ridiculous.

The towel game is also in full effect! Be prepared to either get up really early to grab a chair or end up walking around looking for an empty chair. There are plenty of unoccupied chairs, but they all have someone's possessions on them, such as hats, books, sunscreen, sandals, etc being used as "place holders." It is ridiculous. The one thing we enjoyed was the adult only pool, though a large group of young adults commandeered the adult pool for most of the day, which was quite annoying.

Everyone was very friendly at this place. It is a nice family friendly resort that we would definitely return to with the rest of our family. The only downside to this hotel is that the beach is not available for swimming. Due to the location of the hotel, the beach is much to dangerous to swim in, so if you're looking for a hotel with beach access, look elsewhere. Overall, it was a good experience for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos for spend your vacations, it was our pleasure to host you.

Our main goal is to create memorable experiences to all our guests, we are delighted to know that you had a great time with us. Our staff is always committed to fulfill all our guest requirements, thank you for your kind comments.

We hope to see you soon.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel was even more beautiful than the pictures online. I got married here in February 2014 and all 55 of my guests all agree that this has to have been the best resort we have all been to. The food was impeccable, the staff was amazing and super friendly, the hotel was modern and gorgeous! We never wanted to leave. My two wedding planners Adrianna and Carmen worked so hard to make my dream wedding come true and I will forever be grateful on how amazing and hard working they were. If you go to visit the Hyatt Ziva and want your hair done just because, for dinner, or your getting married; I strongly encourage you to see Maria! Long story short she saved the day and got my updo just the way I wanted it, she was an amazing woman, very talented and super sweet. My friends and family had the best stay at this resort because of the staff!!! Every single one of them was simple amazing! I highly recommend this resort for a family vacation, a destination wedding, or a honeymoon. I hope they can bounce back on their feet ASAP after hurricane Odille because we cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: the honeymoon suite was to die for!!! But our guests said they loved their jr deluxe suites as well...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the Hyatt Ziva Family, we want to thank you for your encouragement words.

We are delighted to learn that your wedding was exactly as you planned, our wedding coordinators strive to accomplish every detail to make your wedding perfect. All our associates are working hard to recover our beautiful property as soon as possible and continue pampering all our guests.

Many thanks for sharing your comments, we cannot wait to host you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My fiancé and I came here to check out this hotel for our potential wedding site. I've been to cabo before at Dreams and I thought that that resort was great....but the Hyatt ziva far exceeds my expectation of what an all-inclusive resort should be. The panoramic views are glorious.

Service was superb! Every restaurant and lounge we went to--the staff were quick to attend to us. There were about 13 places we can choose to eat from.
Noteworthy places to eat were:
1) my favorite place to eat is Restaurant International (buffet). Mostly because of EDUARDO ANTONIA GONZALEZ. He is the most attentive, sweet and jolly server. You could tell he really loves what he does and he loves his customers. He is professional yet friendly. He is also very thoughtful. I must admit I'm a bit of a piggy when it comes to buffets, so I'll grab sometimes, 2 plates of food-Eduardo will run after me to help me carry my plates to my table. Hehe. We've eaten at the international buffet three times and everytime we asked for EDUARDO. From what I saw the other servers were good too. In terms of food, there is such a wonderful aNd delicious variety of yummy foods, u cannot go wrong here.

2) the Japanese Lotus restaurant, had such scrumptious Nigiri's. The freshest and best fishes I've ever tasted! Service was superb,there, also. We had Enrique and he did a terrific job. The miso soup didnt have enough flavor but it could be that we showed up right when they opened. So the soup didnt get a chance to marinate yet. Takinsoba was great. I wished id ask for it without the shrimp though. For some reason the shrimps I've tasted here aren't memorable.

3)The French restaurant BON VIVANT, was delicious!! Every single item on the menu!! the Italian restaurant, had delicious food also. It's a sit down dinner but they had a antipasto buffet. The pesto there is the best pesto I've ever had in my life!!! I visit this restaurant two times just to "drink" the pesto!! For dessert, The fresh cannoli was comparable to those in Sicily!

4) the coco loco taqueria near the pool had the best blended margaritas. For kids, u can ask for it virgin. It's like icee!! Delicious!

I was not too impressed with the food at the Spanish restaurant EL CORTIJO, downstairs. The service there was very friendly

Capri Italian lounge near the lobby, has live music at nite, and they always have refreshing finger food there.

Mirador bar: had this Tapatio margarita! It's like nothing ive ever tasted. It's delicious! The rims are lined with salt on one side and the other side is the tijmon seasoning. Genius!!

Room service does take up to 30-40 min to get, so plan ahead because the kitchen is far and the resort is huge. there are only a few servers. The fresh squeeze orange juice makes up for it.

There were a few other restaurants that we did not get to try because certain restaurants only open on certain parts of the week/day.

The rooms were spacious and bathrooms in the room were huge. The mini bar is stocked everyday and is part of the all-inclusive package.

There are shows every nite. At 9pm. Blee (a play on glee) is our favorite. It's singing, and acapella reminiscent of the show The Sing Off.

There are activities on the resort hosted by the hotel u can do every hour (ie. water polo, water aerobics, games, etc)

There is a spa complete with all the services and treatments. They have a "water journey" area. With sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, cold water bath, infinity pool...etc. u can use the co-Ed spa facilities for $20 a day. They have snacks there too ☺️.

Things we wished we knew before we visited:
1) book ur transportation to and from the hotel ahead of time. If u would like to drop by the local supermarket for anything let then know when u r booking the transportation. Across the street is this big supermarket called Mega. Transcabo.com is a great deal.

2) Bring extra dollar bills and cash, even though u probably don't need to tip ur severs, ull genuinely want to
3) There is ABSOLUTLEY no wifii at the cabo airport. After going through customs, make sure u use the restroom cuz there are two places they have bathrooms when arriving in cabo. The first is right when u get off the plane and the second is after customs before security. If U have to wait for other people, there is a huge sofa area where all the time share people are. (I had to wait for my fiancé for two hours)
When departing, Starbucks claims they have wifii (the code is on the wall near the coffee pickup area- no purchase necessary) but no one has been able to access it.
4) Wifii in the room is a bit sketchy but in the pools, halls and lobby it's great.
Bring some flip flops to wear In the room. (Flip flops or house slippers) the tiles are uneven tiles. (It's the style)

5) Bring some long sleeve/long pants Jammie's cuz the ac In the rooms are chilly! And hard to control. We ended up turning off the ac at nite and just using the ceiling fan, but it gets humid quick in august.

6) Ur cell phone battery will run out quick. Ull benifit from one of those mini chargers to charge ur phone.
Bring a hat!!

7) Men, bring a few long pants. Some restaurants require long pants, short sleeves, and closed toe shoes.
Women, make sure u have atleast a dress (can be a sun dress) or long pants. Sandals ok. No flip flops in certain restaurants.

8) a hand held old school fan will come in handy

9) there is a computer room complete with printer. U can use for free. They have snacks in that room too.

In the end we did decide to book this hotel for our destination wedding and am confident that our guests will enjoy their time here. We had been working with the Onsite wedding coordinator Ariadna Ruiz. She is the sweetest, most thorough and thoughtful person. She helped me to decide on everything. She set up appts with all the vendors I needed and had them meet me at the hotel. She found out it was my birthday and our anniversary so she planned surprises for us throughout our stay.

ARIADNMA RUIZ, EDUARDO ANTONIA GONZALEZ and Rosalia Huerta in the reservations department are the ephitamy of what a hyatt staff member should be. Staff like these thre are what makes the HYATT Ziva the #1 resort in Cabo.

sept update: we were so worried about the staff we met there, that We emailed a few and heard that the staff are safe and sound. And that the hotel
Will be up an running soon.

October update: some of our guests who have booked their stay during our wedding have been emailed and their reservations were cancelled. But we have not heard from the hotel yet of how it will affect our planned April 25 wedding nor our about deposit.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your kind comments and the time you took to write them.

Our commitment is to make feel all our guest like home from the first to the last moment in our Resort, pamper them with unique atmospheres and excellent service, our staff is always attentive to make them feel more than welcome.

Due to the damages caused for the Hurricane Odile we will be remain close for a while, our wedding planner has already contacted you and explained you better the situation, we are very sorry that you could not celebrate you r wedding with us.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!