“JackieP Awesome service - even during Hurricane Odile!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo del Malecon l-5 D, Fonatur Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (Formerly Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“JackieP Awesome service - even during Hurricane Odile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I arrived at the Hyatt Ziva on September 13th expecting a wonderfully relaxing retreat in an ocean view suite until checkout on the 18th. I was not satisfied with my suite, but Laurie worked with me to find a suite I liked. Never had management send me on "go sees" to make sure I liked the room before changing to it...3rd time was a charm! Thank you to David the bellman for walking with me and moving my luggage to the new suite. Well, I loved the room and totally regret that Hurricane Odile hit the next evening so I only had one night in the suite and very little opportunity to enjoy this amazingly beautiful resort. Nevertheless, room service was so quick that I was still in the shower when the food arrived. It was very good and I was looking forward to more of the same. However, the staff did an OUTSTANDING job of keeping us safe and providing food and water for us as we sheltered in the theater during and after the hurricane. Several if them lost their homes and everything, yet they were right there nearly around the clock for us. Maria, Claudia, Alex, Jonathan, Ceasar, and countless others from the kitchen to housekeeping to maintenance are to be commended for their dedication and service. The management really impressed me with how expeditiously and professionally they organized and executed the emergency shelter plan and our ultimate safe evacuation. Some other properties left their guests to fend for themselves, so I am forever grateful for the selflessnes of this staff! Definitely my resort of choice for my next retreat...just not during hurricane season! Love you guys!!!!

Room Tip: Ocean views 4th floor or higher are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

There are so many good things about this place and the people who work here! I'll start with the wedding, we were married there 8/30 and everything went as planned. Ariadna, the wedding planner, was exceptional! She was extremely helpful and organized. I'd recommend anyone looking to have a destination wedding to consider Hyatt Ziva. They made my day very special! They upgraded our room to the best room at the resort free of charge and without hesitation. The food was great, there was a huge selection. Everything I had was good from the poolside shrimp tacos to the menu at our reception. I'm a very picky eater so I was impressed with the quality and taste of their food. The spa is easily one of the best spas I've been to with various water temperature baths and spouts. You'd have to see it to understand, I don't think I can describe it well enough. The service was excellent, I never met or saw an unsmiling or a personality lacking in hospitality. If you're undecided and Hyatt Ziva is on your list, you won't regret your stay here. It's a beautiful place. I hope and pray the resort and it's workers are able to fully recover following Hirricane Odile. My prayers are with them all!

• Stayed September 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I could write all day about how awesome this trip was. From the time we checked in until check out, the service was amazing. Some of the highlights:

Food/Drinks: all of the restaurants are top notch. I am a big foodie and these restaurants pleased my palate. Anybody from anywhere should be able to find something they like. However, the drinks are hit or miss. There was no consistency from bar to bar. The best drinks are at the bar next to the adult pool. Edwin at the Capri Restaurant and Misael at Hacienda Steakhouse were my favorite waiters.

Room: the room was nice. I had no issues until the night before check out when our A/C made such a screeching noise at 4am! However, this was resolved even though it was annoying.

Activities/Entertainment: a little something for everyone. The nightly shows are great and you can tell that the entertainers enjoy what they do and that they spend a lot of time preparing. Please give it a chance. Carol, one of the dancers, even brought my husband on stage for a dance-off...most memorable moment.

Pool/Beach: the waves are rough so be careful! The main pool is large but has lots of children and people hoarding chairs all day. We spent most of our time at the adults only pool. Many times we were the only 2 in that pool and the bartender would just bring us our drinks.

I highly recommend tipping. The employees here work really hard. I find that service is the same whether you tip or not, but they deserve extra. Luckily we did not encounter a conference going on during our stay, as this was mentioned as a turn off from reading previous reviews. However, on the last day of our trip, conference members started to arrive. I can see how this can be annoying because just on that morning, it appeared that the staff spend more time catering to the conference attendees. However, we are not a couple that need to be catered to every minute. So for those who have higher standards in this area, this could be very annoying. My standards are on good food, good entertainment, and relaxation, which they excel at. Overall, excellent stay and we will return again. I did not want to leave.

Room Tip: I think we were on level 4...excellent, excellent views from the balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
vienna austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Hyatt Zivia during Hurricane Odile. Before the hurricane the service was amazing however, during and after the hurricane the service was something like I have never experienced before. Most of the staff lost their homes however, WE were their priority. They saved our lives and ensured we were as comfortable and safe as could possibly be. I can not thank Claudia enough for being professional, calm, informative and lovely. You truly are an angel on earth. I would also like to mention Mary who works in the kitchen, Maria, Aljesansro (Alex), Manuel, Ceaser and all the security team. Your patience, and commitment to the guests was fantastic and I will be forever grateful. Most resorts kicked the guests out onto the streets after the hurricane hit. The Hyatt kept us sheltered with food and water for four days until we were rescued and I am so grateful. The staff continued to smile and be helpful the whole time despite the loss they were experiencing. Hyatt, thank you. I will most definitely be back when the resort is redone. I am so sorry for all your losses. Everyone is Los Cabo was saying that the Hyatt was the best place to be after the hurricane and it definitely was, no one was looked after as well as we were. Before the hurricane, the hotel was amazing too. The rooms the view and the pools were phenomenal. The activities were great and the staff were incredible, some of the best service I have ever had. Thank you to all the staff and the Hyatt.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just returned from a stay here. I was greeted upon arrival by a terrible hurricane but the staff there was a redeeming factor. We were without water and electricity except for the auxiliary power from the hotel (one of the very few in Cabo with this amenity). The hotel employees were absolutely exceptional in their service during and after the disaster. Their commitment, friendliness, efficiency and help in the days following were beyond what anyone could have expected. Kudos to these people! Although we didn't get to enjoy all the wonderful things we saw and heard about the place, we hope to someday return and have the luxury vacation we had hoped for. In spite of the horrific time dealing with the hurricane, everybody there -- all 200 or so -- agreed that the service they received was stupendous!

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms seemed best!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We booked our trip with 2 other family members and had everything noted for ungraded rooms and all of us to be together. First impression of the front desk staff was horrible! Miguel, who surprisingly was the front desk supervisor was absolutely rude and had awful customer service to not only me and my family but also to my sister-in-law and cousin. They could not find our reservations when they finally did they would not give us the upgrade that was included in our package. Miguel had a major attitude problem from the beginning, we were very nice and he just does not understand hotel customer service. We asked for the manager and he said he was not available, we said we wanted to speak to someone and it took them almost an hour to find a manager for us. It wasn't until we spoke to the front desk manager that they actually did something about the issue and got us in rooms all together. We asked 4 different times to have the hotel manager call us when he was in and the hotel manager never bothered to call us. We went back and checked with Rodulfo several times during our 7 day stay and never once did the issue get taken care of with the manager. Your front desk staff are your first impression of your hotel and I would never stay at your hotel again after this experience. It is unfortunate because your manager at the buffet, Carlos was amazing as were several of your bar tenders, we had absolutely amazing service from these people and the food was great but your front desk staff ruined it and that the manager does not care enough to contact it's guests back speaks volumes to your service at your hotel. I would much rather pay more and go back to La Palmilla where the service is amazing and has been all 4 times we stayed. Even the Pueblo Bonito was a much better experience and hotel than the Hyatt! There is a reason why these big chains are so bad, the service!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel Service is very good and we recommend it if you travel with children, kids club is great. You have
Restaurants and buffet with great quality and many options, pool area is clean and have a kids pool

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!