“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo del Malecon l-5 D, Fonatur Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (Formerly Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #11 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Utah
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We are seasoned travelers and decided that we would try a more relaxing all-inclusive. This was our first experience and it will not be our last at Hyatt Ziva. I almost cried we when left after 7 nights. The service is excellent. The staff are genuine and gracious and we felt like we left some new friends behind. Just to name a few, Anne our room attendant, Christian at the adult pool, and of course Carlos at Capri restaurant. The food is excellent at the restaurants. Go to all of them. Try the fresh anchovy tapas at El Cortijo, and the antipasta table at Capri is wonderful. Spend an evening on the beach with your toes in the sand at the Hacienda restaurant. Enjoy smoked marlin tostadas at the pool. I'm a retired chef and I can say that I appreciate the quality and delivery of dining at this resort. My husband arranged a birthday dinner at Capri. Carlos gave me a night to remember. Champagne, cake and a song. They also take safety very seriously here. We had a hurrican off shore our last day and they had attendants at the beach to insure that no one got in the surf. It was an awesome experience seeing the waves. There are plenty of activies but you can also take one of the Baja Tours excursions which are excellent. We did Taste of Cabo and it was a lot of fun. Entertainment is a little quirky, but that was the charm. Very much like a cruise. The singers and dancers are talented and they put their heart into the performances. Really enjoyed the Mexican show with the Mariachi's and dancers.

We were there when they had a conference booked. I was impressed the way they made sure that vacations were not interruped. We really didn't mind sharing the resort given how they managed both priorities.

Go, have fun, relax. We are already looking into a repeat trip.

Room Tip: We did not see any rooms that were not desirable. Everything faces pool or ocean.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

852 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a great time at the Hyatt Ziva. This was my first all inclusive experience, but I traveled with friends who have frequently stayed at them. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and my fellow travelers said this was the best resort they had stayed at in the area. We lounged daily in the Adult Pool area and Anabel was our server every day. She was absolutely awesome! Before our drinks were finished, there was Anabel! She was a highlight of our trip! The food in the buffet was fine. Typical of a buffet. The evening restaurants, although air conditioning in those spaces could be improved, the food was a pleasant surprise and satisfied this foodie! One opportunity for the evening dining is the dress code. In July it was 100 degrees and we could not wear flip flops or shorts even when they were a dressy style. Every night I could not wait to get back to the room to get out of pants and loafers! It's a beach resort and the attire should reflect that. At check in they could only provide us with two double beds, which on a vacation with my other half, either left us cramped into one small bed, or sleeping separately. (We resolved that issue by pushing the two beds together and besides almost falling through the crack one or two times, it was the largest bed ever for lounging. AC in the rooms was also awesome and kept the room a perfect temp. Would stay here again, and really hope if we do that Anabel will be there to help make it a great vacation! Cheers!

Room Tip: If you are planning to book a swim-up room... be sure to inquire if you can get one in the right par...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Me and a couple friends stayed there for a night and had the worst experience. It was an all inclusive stay. We called in for room service at 10 pm and the food showed up at 12 45. Amazig isn't it. The food was cold, the fries were stale and cold. Looks like they didn't have people to bring it up to the room. The hotel staff was ok. But considering that its a 5 star hotel we expected good service, but it was quite the opposite. My friends sister is planning to get married there but I don't think I would ever recommend anyone to stay there. Just absolutely pathetic . We moved out of the hotel the next day to Hilton and it felt like heaven there. The rooms are quite nice and the breakfast buffet was good here . But that still doesn't make up for the bad room service and poor customer service. I would give it no stars whatsoever. . AVOID

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to learn that your experience was not as you were planned, your comments are very important for our success and achievement of our goals, all the points that you pointed out were carefully reviewed and the proper actions will be taken to improve our service. It is pleasant to learn that you enjoyed this beautiful destination and you had a wonderful experience.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our family of 14 total had a good time together at Hyatt Ziva. We spent most of the time at the main pool and explored all restaurants in the resort. Drinks and food were above average with excellent services from waiters and restaurant managers. You should go to Cabo San Lucas for more beautiful beaches and other motorized and non-motorized activities and it will take about 30 minutes for driving.

Room Tip: Swim-up rooms looking out to the main pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind comments and the time you took to describe every detail that made your stay memorable.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed from our facilities, restaurants but most of all the service that we provide you. Los Cabos is in continue development and improvement we are working hard to become the favorite destination in Mexico.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We just got back from a week long stay. This was our first time at an all-inclusive hotel. Thanks to work, I've stayed at a lot of 5 star hotels all over the world and I didn't set super high expectations. Overall, it was relaxing and we had a nice time.

PROS: the pools and outdoor grounds are beautiful. I think the servers in all the restaurants were really nice and helpful, especially in the breakfast buffet. The pool service was prompt as well. It was super convenient to have meal service options at all hours.

CONS: we were told in advance that we would be upgraded to a family suite due to a deal we booked on the hyatt website. When we checked in, they told us we were being upgraded to a pool/ocean view jr suite with no mention of the family suite. I mentioned the family suite upgrade and the receptionist, who was very nice, told us that we could have our choice and look at both rooms if we wanted but that the jr suite had a nicer view and a balcony whereas the family suite was not a guaranteed ocean view and had no balcony. So we decided to keep the jr suite but were told it wouldn't be ready for another 10 minutes even though it was after check-in time. I wouldn't normally mind but it seems to be a recurring issue based off previous reviews. I think the room itself was ok, layout was nice esp the bathroom but the two beds were tiny, they were two doubles and not queens and super uncomfortable, too soft. I tweaked my back after staying there for a week. Also, there was mildew in the room, you could smell it and see it visibly on the chairs and on the floor next to one of the beds. We try not to be those people who are constantly switching rooms so we just stayed especially because the location and view from the room was nice. Housekeeping was prompt but they weren't always great about replacing the toiletries or restocking the mini-fridge...we had to call and ask a few times. The worst part was the food. It's no one person's fault but it was mediocre at best. I think the shrimp tacos at coco loco, the breakfast buffet and hacienda steakhouse were fine but everything else is very average. I appreciate that they are trying to give us dining options but i'd rather have fewer dining options with amazing food than more options offering average to sub-par food. Personally, I'm in Mexico so I dont expect to have first-rate French or Spanish or Japanese food, I'd rather have really solid Mexican food. I would suggest closing down a few of the specialty restaurants and concentrate on really improving the other ones. Lastly, some people get up at 5am to reserve the highly desirable in-pool palapa chairs. For the most part, I didn't see them even get used. People would just leave their stuff on there, maybe come out several hours later to use the pool for an hour or two and then leave there stuff again for the rest of the afternoon. I understand it's an obnoxious practice from the guests, not the hotel, but something I haven't ever seen at a luxury resort. Hyatt should look into how they could remedy this. Perhaps if guests abandon their spots for more than an hour, that they would relinquish their spaces to other guests or even charge a cabana fee. I'm not sure if that's the answer but I'm sure Hyatt could come up with something.

There's potential here for this resort to become a high-end all-inclusive. Even if they raised their prices, if they looked into improving a few things, I would consider staying here again. If it remains the same, I wouldn't.

Dear Guest,

Our main goal is to exceed all our guests’ expectations and your comments helps us to achieve it, many thanks for the time you took to share your perceptions with regards to our service.

We have reviewed carefully your comments and the proper actions will be taken with the departments involved to avoid these occur with our future guests, our commitment is to provide the best experiences and facilities.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you with the level of service that you expect from Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos.

Bay Village, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We are all about customer service, and from all aspects of our trip we had just that.
We had some bloopers with the reservation, but the front desk dealt with the entire issue and upgraded our rooms for the inconvenience. The restaurants bent over backwards to accommodate our large family dinners (13). We were also able to have the chef make things different to accommodate our special diet needs. They were happy to help. Room service was fast and as great as the fine dining. Also kept us from being starved and we could have more relaxed dinners. Everything was super clean! Here are some names of great individuals: Wilberth Evaristo Wenceslao at breakfast, Javier Garcia at Lunch, and Lifeguard Giovanni Manriquez and his companion. (By the way this property is one of few with 9-9 coverage taking their job serious, a total plus!!). So happy to give an extra tip to Hyatt Ziva employees, they deserve it!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
Dear Guest,

There are no words to describe our appreciation for your kind words, we will share your review with all our associates because your comments are our best motivation.

It is truly pleasant to learn that your time with us was a great and unique experience, we love to provide the most comfortable facilities and our staff enjoys pampering all our guests with the most attentive service. The associates that you mentioned will receive a mention in our monthly staff meeting for their performance.

We cannot wait to have another opportunity to host you.

Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is my first time visiting Los Cabos and the first time staying in an all inclusive resort, and I have to say my experience at the Hyatt Ziva was wonderful! From the moment we arrived the service was great. As soon as we got out of the car were greeted with wonderful tasting fruit drinks, and check-in was hassle free even though we arrived early. The view from the lobby is beautiful and once we got to our room, it was no different. We were there five days and it was too short!
I am a stickler when it comes to hygiene and I cannot complain about this hotel. The rooms were large and impeccable, always clean and stocked. The air conditioning worked wonders during the day but at night it got cold and we couldn’t program it to shut off. My daughter loved it but I just took advantage of the extra covers and problem solved.
The buffets were very good with plenty of options for adults and children. Everyone was courteous and friendly in the restaurants but I personally loved eating at La Hacienda Steak House on the beach. The food is great and the setting is breathtaking in the evening which adds to the experience. We ordered room service a couple of times and the service was just as good. Perhaps an important thing to consider is taking money for tips. I always tipped generously because the service was fantastic, but many people don’t and considering the service and the quality of the food, it’s only fair to do so. Of course, there are convenient ATMs at the reception area, so there is no excuse people, reciprocate!
Wi-fi connectivity is very spotty and the best reception is around the pool area or in the lobby; sometimes the signal was good enough from our balcony. So if you need to connect, don’t get too cozy because you may not be able to do it from your room.
There are plenty of pools and even on the busiest days they never felt crowded. The music is not too loud so it gives ambiance but still allows you to read. The service at the pools is non-stop; everything from towels to drinks, tacos or ice cold treats poolside adds to the convenience. I also enjoyed going to the nightly performances at the theater, especially the international show. It’s a nice option for entertainment.
My daughter and I booked the city tour and the zip-line tour; Selene was extremely helpful and a joy to deal with. I wasn’t prepared to go zip-lining but the hotel is conveniently located near a department store “La Mega” which made it easy to make a last minute trip to buy clothing and even fresh fruit and snacks.
Overall we had a wonderful time; my daughter insists we should stay there next time and I am already planning on visiting during whale watching season. Can’t wait to get back!

Room Tip: I loved my room but suites near the Banana bar area get the most activity during the day and balconi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!