“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo del Malecon l-5 D, Fonatur Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (Formerly Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #11 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The staff was absolutely amazing. Shoutout to Eduardo Antonio Gonzolos from the buffet - wonderful service and just a really nice guy! The food was excellent at all of the restaurants, and the shows every night were very entertaining. The views from the room were great, and I loved how it was right on the beach.

• Stayed August 2014

827 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Casa Grande, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Hyatt Ziva from 8/9-8/15. During our stay, my wife and I had some issues with the hotel. The weather was extremely hot and humid. Not anything to do with the hotel but I would recommend visiting during cooler months.

Check-In

As soon as I arrived, one of the hotel’s employees was arguing with a guest of the hotel. This was awkward for everyone in the immediate area. I had read numerous reviews about the hotel’s front desk issues and now I clearly see the front desk is an area that needs immediate attention. The front desk experience was not a good one at check in. It took about 30 minutes for me to be told that the room wasn’t ready. The room not being ready was not the issue. The staff’s poor people skills were not impressive. This is not a blanket statement about everyone at the front desk. There were a few instances when the staff there was very helpful.

Room

During our stay, we were moved three times. The first room was too small since we were traveling with a toddler that needed her own sleeping area. The second room was perfect in size but had several maintenance issues. Next to the door there is a heavy table which was screwed into the wall. Neither of the two screws where into any wall studs. The table actually fell once and luckily for me my daughter was not close by when it did. The doors separating the rooms didn’t close properly and a metal bracket in the bathroom door fell off. After my wife brought this issue to Claudia, she was very apologetic and moved us to a room in Building 3 with an ocean view. The view from this room was awesome; however, this room also had issues. The air conditioner rattled and when it rained the master bedroom was completely flooded. The door to the master bedroom and terrace didn’t close properly.

Amenities

The hotel, grounds, pool and ocean are look very nice. You can’t swim in the ocean but you can relax in the sand and take picture. The pools were all very clean and well maintained. The pool side service was also adequate. I had read multiple complaints about that but I never experienced any problem there. The Wi-Fi was also adequate. Sometimes, it took a while to log on but for the most part it worked just fine. We ate at the Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese and international buffet. The food was very good. The service at the restaurants was excellent. At the buffet, Jesus stood out for excellent service. I used the gym quite a bit during my stay. It’s small but has a good mix of treadmills, elliptical, recumbent bikes and weights. We only watched one show which was also excellent. The hotel offers childcare for 20$ hour. We used it three times with mixed results. Room service food was okay at best. It was always available but not very tasty. The maid service was also okay at best. Sometimes, we’d call the front desk three or four times to get someone to show up.

All of the issues we had are very easy fixes for the hotel. The Hyatt Ziva is a very nice hotel. Some of the staff work very hard. In fact, almost all of them will go above and beyond to help whenever there is a problem. The others need more training and more of a sense of ownership when it comes to their responsibilities. If you carefully read some of the detailed reviews on trip advisor, you’ll see the same issues. This means Hyatt isn’t addressing them which is too bad.

All in all the value and experience you’ll have at this hotel are very good.

Room Tip: Try to stay in building 3 with an ocean view. If you want a very quite room choose a room facing the...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to write your comments, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very sorry to learn your perceptions with regards some of our services and part of our staff, your feedback help us to continue improving to offer the best quality in our service. As we want to provide efficient service and comfortable facilities your comments are very important.

It is pleasant to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and we are looking forward to have another opportunity to assist you.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We loved the resort - and this is coming from non-resort people. We often turn our noses up at all-inclusive resorts, but this resort raises the bar. The food was very good - even at the buffet. Very fresh, lots of choice and we never got sick of it! The Spanish restaurant especially was amazing. We were there to relax, not think about anything and we got it. The room was very clean, though it could use an update (I think we were in an un-renovated room, but it was still nice). The pool area is perfect and service is fantastic. Overall, I don't have anything to complain about...and I normally do!

I came just with my husband, but I would come back again with the kids or with girlfriends.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to write about your recent visit, it was a pleasure to host you.

We are happy to learn that our facilities were comfortable for you, our Food and Beverage team is in continue innovation to offer options for all tastes. We are committed to fulfill our guests expectations with the best service, our staff is attentive to our guests requirements always with a sincere smile.

We hope to see you soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

this was our 1st experience with and all inclusive resort and we were very pleasantly surprised.
everything from the food, the beautiful and well maintained grounds,the friendly staff, the
fun pool exercises and the ease of check in and out. the drivers to and from the airipprt
were fun and interesting We will definitely recommend this hotel to all our friends and
family, and can't wait to visit here again. Bueno !!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure to host you, we are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience.
Our main goal is to create memorable and unique experiences from the first to the last moment, our staff loves to serve and being attentive to all our guest requirements to make them feel like home.

We are very thankful with your kind comments and we cannot wait to host you again.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed on the 2nd week of August 2014. The hotel is very beautiful especially the pool area. We had a premium suite swim up pool room facing the big main pool. The room was very spacious, and nice but with few complaints. The main and major complaints was the bug bites. My daughter had major bug bites on her legs. I will include some pictures that my daughter took in a little while.The bed was also in bad condition cuz bed was too soft and noisy. The blankets had stain and sheets didn't feel very clean. I can easily feel itchy quickly when the beds aren't cleaned well. Sadly I felt it here in room 3116 at this beautiful Hyatt hotel! The ventilation is too loud where it became impossible to sleep. The sliding bathroom doesn't lock, and provides no privacy. We liked the hanging thing for our wet clothing above the bathtub. That was a great idea concept. We had a family pool room which were right across from the adult pool on opposite side. Each nights we were woken by loud noises in the middle of the night by those young adults. Not good idea to put adult pool close to the family area. We couldn't connect to the wifi most of the time. So the free wifi was actually no wifi.
As a Hyatt fan and platinum member we love Hyatt for their cleanliness, quality, and good service. We didn't feel the same here although I believe it can be improved once addressed. We only stayed for 4 days. The manager called us on the last day of our stayed to make sure things went well. We no longer felt the need to complain as we were we leaving and was actually excited to leave the hotel. I think being a platinum member the hotel should have checked on us the 1st day or early morning next day. In addition, for the price we paid we shouldn't have encountered any of these problems. I preferably wouldn't not return then to spend my time complaining. The bell desk area had the best service. They were quick and very caring to your needs.
In regards to the property resturants, the food lacked qualities through out in my opinion. Also couple Resturants such as the steakhouse was closed. This is our first time experiencing all inclusives. I honestly feel I will not try all inclusives. Not worth for us since we are not much of a drinker and would rather prefer quality food then quantities.
Aside from these minor issues we did enjoyed our time at this beautiful place.

Room Tip: Tell them your specific needs and expectation or walk around the hotels to find the area u would lik...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

As a Gold Passport member we appreciate your preference and loyalty, many thanks for the time you took to share your comments.

Your perceptions with regards to our services help us to improve and enhance our service, we have reviewed carefully all the details that you pointed out and the departments involved will take the proper actions to avoid these occur again. We want to provide the best quality service and exceed all our guests’ expectations.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you.

Westminster, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Overall the hotel is nice and the staff friendly but there is an overall lack of communication between departments about what to do if you are a time share customer. We just stayed here for one week and everyday there was confusion about what to charge us if we used their restaurant or bar. When we checked in we were told we can go to any outlet onsite & just pay for it. Which sounds logically only apparently the restaurants don't have a way of charging you. At the buffet outlet I was told to go all the way back to the front desk pay then come back down because they have no computer so they can't charge me??. I asked how much would it be. They also didn't know that either. That's ridiculous. Next day we decided to have lunch buffet at hacendia restaurant. No price was given at first because they didn't know what the cost was. We decided to eat anyways & wait for them to tell us. The bill came & it was USD$90 for 2 people. For a lunch buffet. That's a total rip off for what they offered. And the same thing happened again & again at the pool bar. So if you are a time share customer just be prepared. I would say you're better off as a time share person booking somewhere else. And for the Hyatt ziva I would say you need to train your staff on how to handle time share business or just don't take the business if you're not capable of servicing it properly. The other issue the hotel needs to fix is the wifi. It's awful. It only works in the lobby & it's super slow. It's near impossible to even post a picture to FB if there are 10 people in the lobby using wifi. There is no working wifi in your guestroom. It's 2014 how can a hotel not have wifi available throughout the hotel?

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for the time you took to write your comments.

We are very sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay, our Time Share guests have the option to purchase the all inclusive plan to a reasonable price to enjoy all the benefits and wide variety of plates in or restaurants, and as well we have prices in each restaurant and bar for individual meals . I appreciate you bring this to my notice and the proper actions will be taken to provide better service.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you with the level of service that you expect from Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos.

Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt the first week of August of this year. The resort itself is beautiful, clean, modern and quite spectacular! The hotel itself I would rate 5/5. The other positives noted of this resort are the amazing pools (our favourite being the adult only) with extremely comfortable lounge chairs and a relaxing ambience! This resort also had luxurious rooms with high quality linens and towels along with a very comfortable bed. The food was fantastic at the al a carte restaurants and the buffet! The service at the al carte restaurants and the buffet was excellent! We also rented a cabana for the day and would highly recommend. There was a slight mix up with the cabana we rented though this was quickly resolved.

The improvements needed for this resort is the lack of consistency with their pool side service, inconsistency with how they make their poolside drinks and reinforcing the Adult Only pool to only consist of "adults". There were young children in the adult only pool though when this issue was brought forward it was quickly resolved. Another needed improvement is for the hotel staff to ask couples if they would like to be upgraded to a family suite. We were automatically upgraded to the family suite that was very nice though the balcony was not useable, the balcony doors were extremely dirty and the room over looked a decrepit kiddy pool that is in desperate need for a new pain job and repair! Our trip was a romantic getaway so we requested to change rooms to over looking the adult only pool and this request was granted with no additional charge! The new room was fantastic with a beautiful ocean view! Highly recommend building number 3, floor 4, 5 or 6 if you are couple. The other needed item for improvement is their room service. The room service food was quite terrible. We also had an incident where we did not even receive our ordered room service, very disappointed.

Overall my husband and I would rate this hotel a 4.5/5 and for families I can imagine they may rate it higher as it is best suited for this population.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments and the time you took to share them.

We truly appreciate your recommendations since they help us to continue improving and achieve our goals, we want to provide the best quality and comfortable service to all our guest. It is pleasant to learn that you had an excellent time with us and that you enjoyed most of our facilities and service.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!