I consider myself a discerning traveler when it comes to things like food, service & cleanliness. Our stay at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos for 8 days was enjoyable. There were a few things that stood out (good & bad) that I would like to share:
1) Originally we were offered a room on the ground floor of building 2 facing the kids pool, and when I hesitated (I do not have children), they upgraded us to a lovely suite with a balcony.
2) Room service was decent, but sometimes a little slow (I imagine they are quite busy).
3) Wi-fi is terrible. I personally could care less, as it is nice to disconnect and enjoy, I think the hotel is missing out here. Most people like to upload pictures to make people back home jealous (fact.) Social media marketing is free and Hyatt should take advantage. Also, I was surprised that a Hyatt branded hotel wouldn't have better access.
4) This is a FAMILY RESORT - take it as it is. There is an adults pool which is quite nice, but lacking a swim up bar, which is a shame. The only swim up bar is in the main pool and a magnet for children. Not exactly my scene. Kids & bars are an odd combo.
5) Food was better than average for an all-inclusive. We enjoyed Lotus (Japanese) and Bon Vivant (French) the most. You will have to wait for a table even though most restaurants are barely half full. It would be nice to have a rotating adults only restaurant option each evening. Some children are better behaved than others, not the hotel's fault.
6) The bars/drinks are good. Only gripe - they served me a martini I asked for in a plastic beverage style glass more than once...not so great. I was told they ran out of martini glasses. Included wine selection is below average.
7) The grounds were clean - the pools, not so much. The main pools are below what I would consider clean. The adult pool needed a decent cleaning too. The beach was lovely, however difficult to get drink service, and there is NO ocean swimming.
8) Service - this is Mexico, which I consider to have some of the best service in the world, and I have traveled extensively through the country. Everyone was spectacular & friendly -EVERYONE.
9) Towels. This is a gripe of mine. Towels are everywhere. All over the pool before 8am (even though its posted "you cannot save lounge chairs.") One person, one towel, hotel should enforce posted rules. Adult pool doesn't have this issue - thank goodness!
All in all, go to this resort. It is not a "luxury" property. It is solid large resort. I imagine it's perfect for families. If you are looking for a child-free romantic experience, this is not the place for you. Also, venture out of the resort at least for a day! You will be glad you did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo