“Great Family Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo del Malecon l-5 D, Fonatur Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (Formerly Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #9 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Sacramento, California
“Great Family Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Last week, my family stayed at this hotel and had a fabulous time. We were in a 2br ocean front room. It was great to have a separate room for the kids, and a bdroom for my wife and I. We overlooked the infinity pool and the beach. As early risers, we spent hours reading on our balcony listening to the ocean. With teen agers, we ordered room service for breakfast daily, as the kids were able to sleep in and we could still enjoy our morning coffee.
Dinners at the Bon Viviant and Japanese restaurant were awesome. Daniel and Esteban at the French restaurant treated us to a 2 hour feast that left us wanting to return.
We took a cab into San Jose twice, and shopped for souvenirs stopping for cool drinks at several spots. It was nice to visit the church and get a little taste of the town.
Wifi in the room was great, service from all staff was friendly and helpful (beginning with Kevin at the check-in). As others have mentioned, the only negative was the lack of beach swimming. We did visit Chileno Beach to get into the ocean. We spent about half a day there, and enjoyed the calmer waters. Otherwise the hotel would be a 5!
We took a private shuttle to the hotel via Airport Cabo. I recommend this for families, as the $80 round trip cost was affordable and the ride comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

682 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Rogers, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Tons to do, pool/beach w servers bringing unlimited free drinks, adult pool for a quieter scene and a no-line bar or swim up bar where servers will bring you food too, enough lunch choices to have something completely different every day (tacos by the pool, sit down at a restaurant for seafood, burgers/hot dogs, drinks and snacks at the lobby bar), catch a nap in your room to the huge crashing waves or go back to the pool, play an organized game of volleyball/soccer and meet friends. We planned to eat dinner at each reataurant but the French restaurant was so good we sat and ordered a second plate of our dishes, and ate at the Japanese place twice (excellent grade of tuna sushi. Tuna ngiri was so good we came back and ate it sashimi the next night). Watched a broadway show while sitting at a bar, met friends at the bar and stayed out late. The spa was excellent. I actually got a men's haircut and it looked really good. She took her time and I could tell she was very professional.

Would definitely come back. If we did though and all the things were the same we might run out of things to do after being there a second time so we would probably venture out. A lot of the tourism is 20-30 minutes away. I wanted to golf but the nice courses there wouldn't allow 9 holes. It was 100 degrees and humid, I had quite a bit of sun already so I didn't want to play a full 18.

• Stayed July 2014
plymouth, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

As far as all-inclusives go- this one is very nice-- especially for the money. The service was great and the food was very, very good. I'm not a fan of a lot of buffets (they're usually gross), but the buffets at their restaurants were always fresh, great selection, presentation and great tasting. We did dine at one of the restaurants in the main building- excellent. MEN- don't forget to bring pants and closed toe shoes for the asian, french and italian restaurant. Otherwise, you'll be going over the the Mega store to get some pants (like we had to).

Our room had a great view- comfortable bed and we were able to crank up the AC to our liking. There were a few cracks in the sink and some other minor imperfections, but overall it was a very nice room.

Pool temperature was perfect and there was enough chairs for everyone. We liked the chairs in the water at the main pool that looked straight to the ocean-- for those, we had to get down to the pool earlier in the morning.

Drinks were good- but my only recommendation would be to have a drink menu. I was hoping to try some pool/cabo favorites- but sadly- they didn't have a drink menu at the pool. I wish they had- when I go somewhere, I love to sample new things- so instead, I found myself looking around to see what everyone else was drinking to get inspired.

All in all- great resort. We even saw turtle eggs hatch and go into the ocean. My husband and I were here (escaping our kids) - and there was a nice mix of couples and families. Not a crazy spring break location- a great getaway.

PS- Make sure you visit San Jose del Cabo--- wonderful artsy authentic Mexican town for shopping. And- we did stand-up paddle boarding (SUP) and snorkeling at the arch in Cabo San Lucas. This was a great excursion and we booked it right in the lobby. Highly recommend these activities!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Salinas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our check-in process was fast. Our room was not ready but it was no big deal because they immediately put the bracelets on and we could begin to enjoy all the facilities. The front desk employees were great. They gave my son a beach ball which got him excited about the pool. The pools are great some shade during the day but after 4 pm 75% of the pool has shade and a lot more enjoyable. However if you are a beach person don't chose this hotel. You cannot go on the beach. There are huge signs saying that the water is too dangerous. A small issue when you consider that you are paying for a beach front hotel.

Every restaurant we tried was great. The staff is very friendly and attentive. At breakfast my husband enjoyed their green smoothies. There is definitely something to eat for everyone, especially kids. We tried the four specialty restaurants. We definitely enjoyed every experienced but thought the best were the French and Italian. My least favorite was the Spanish.

Room service was great. They brought us cartons of milk for my daughter. They also stocked our mini refrigerator everyday with bottled water. As a matter if fact all the water is bottled which is great when you have children.

The Wifi was not an issue for us. We got to use the internet in our room, lobby and the restaurants. My son was really happy about this too.

Transportation was the only big issue for us. We contacted the hotel and they charged us $29.00 per person. We later asked about getting a taxi to the airport and were told it would cost $25.00 for up to four people and $8 every additional person. Don't use hotel transportation unless you don't mind paying more.

Going downtown was fun. The Centro and Mercado are only 10-15 minutes away. You get the bus right outside of the hotel. $1.00 per person and children are free. Just ask them to drop you off at the church and you can do a little shopping and eating. There is also a grocery store about 5 minutes(walking) from the hotel. They have everything (clothes, cooked food, pharmacy, groceries, everything!!!).

In summary, I just got back yesterday and I'm already talking to my family about going back to Ziva. Highly recommend this hotel, especially if you have children. My son loved the kids pool.

Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I want to start with the negative because even though it was nothing major, it did set the tone of my vacation. I feel that the hotel being a Hyatt should address constructive criticism as soon as possible to save their respected name. We arrived and I was pleased with the hotel and it is just lovely. However, my check in was awful. I arrived with a large party who joined us on this vacation to celebrate my daughters quince and they all got their rooms as soon as they checked in, but we had to wait over an hour. It was super hot and we were told it would be 20 minutes. We were given refreshments while we waited which was much needed since it was super hot. After 30 minutes my husband went back and told it would be another 20 minutes. We waited and they he went back again and another friend arrived who was on a plane who left after ours did and they got checked in without any trouble. However, WE continued to wait well over an hour and this is totally unacceptable. We finally asked to speak to the manager and he went and got us our key. There was no apology he did not do anything to make us feel better. For example, here is a upgraded room or here is a bottle of wine. Anything would have been a nice gesture.

The second issue is with the air-conditioning system. All my guest had the same issue so it was not just one room. The room was set and guest can't move the temperature to a comfortable temperature. You had to just deal with the set temperature. We thought it was broken so we called and had them come fix it but this never changed the issue. The room would get too hot and uncomfortable. This is something I never dealt with before at a Hyatt.

Now the positive. This hotel is just lovely. Its a very beautiful hotel with a fabulous location and view. My room was nice and I had a beautiful ocean view room. Waking up to this view every morning was amazing. The staff are very nice and friendly. Our cleaning lady did a fabulous job everyday. The food was good at the buffet and they had a good selection. The Japanese restaurant was fabulous. The Martini bar was great and I fell in LOVE with the tamarindo Martinis. The photographer at the photo gallery was great and her pictures were beautiful. The tacos at the Coco Loco were great. The pool was wonderful and we spent most of our days lounging by the pool. We all had a great time at the Hyatt Ziva and it is a great family friendly all inclusive. I would have given it an excellent if it wasn't for the horrible check in and hot room, but other than that it was a fantastic place.

Room Tip: OCEAN VIEW ROOM IS A MUST!!!!!! Tamarindo Martinis at the Martini bar are divine.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We visited before when the property was owned by Barcelo and had a great vacation. So the boys chose to come back again this year. I was looking forward to the martini bar and French restaurant; The boys wanted to live in the pool and kids club. Only 1 of those wishes was fulfilled.

The pool had plenty of loungers and staff were wonderful w/moving the shades and taking drink orders. Their service was impeccable and should be commended. On the downside, the martini bar couldn't live up to the previous trip. My fav drink, lemon drop martini was "syrupy" or bitter each time I tried, so I gave up. HUGE disappointment! The waiter at the Italian restaurant more than exceeded our previous experiences with his service and HUGE smile. He was so good that we came back the night before we left and asked for him!

We waited 1.5hrs for our food at the French restaurant and ended up being late for the night show. The food was OK compared to previous trip, and the bread (which was awesome before) was just OK this trip.

BIG upside was the 2BR/2.5BA suite we had. OMG...THIS WAS HUGE and just what we needed w/2 boys. Room service was free which the boys took full advantage of, and the food was always very good, even at 2am.

My biggest issue w/this vacation was the expectation of tips by the staff (primarily cooks). Of course, we always make a point to tip on every vacation, but seeing dollar bills next to the omelet grill at breakfast was a bit too overt.

WiFi was fast in the suite, and the Premium club is worth the extra money. The ocean is not swimable, but the waves crashing as you're having lunch beachside is relaxing.

All in all, I would give the resort 4/5.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Anaheim Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed here five days with our friends and we loved it! From the moment we arrived, the staff throughout the hotel was so friendly and attentive. Even our shuttle service we ordered through the hotel was great! The hotel staff brought each of us a yummy drink while we checked in and made us feel spoiled throughout our trip. Daniel, one of our restaurant waiters and Javier, at the pool, were especially friendly. We stayed in the family suite with the poolside and beach view, which was beautiful. My sons, ages 11 and 13, had so much fun swimming in both pools and trying new foods. This was our first time staying at an all-inclusive resort so I didn't know what to expect. Every place we visited included an assortment of food choices. I especially loved the poolside shrimp tacos! The buffet had the most delicious food every day with so many choices at each meal. There was something for everyone in the family! We saw two shows, did a water aerobics class, and so much more! Hyatt Ziva is a very family-friendly hotel which all of us loved. I can't say enough about this hotel and our experience there. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return someday!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!