As far as all-inclusives go- this one is very nice-- especially for the money. The service was great and the food was very, very good. I'm not a fan of a lot of buffets (they're usually gross), but the buffets at their restaurants were always fresh, great selection, presentation and great tasting. We did dine at one of the restaurants in the main building- excellent. MEN- don't forget to bring pants and closed toe shoes for the asian, french and italian restaurant. Otherwise, you'll be going over the the Mega store to get some pants (like we had to).
Our room had a great view- comfortable bed and we were able to crank up the AC to our liking. There were a few cracks in the sink and some other minor imperfections, but overall it was a very nice room.
Pool temperature was perfect and there was enough chairs for everyone. We liked the chairs in the water at the main pool that looked straight to the ocean-- for those, we had to get down to the pool earlier in the morning.
Drinks were good- but my only recommendation would be to have a drink menu. I was hoping to try some pool/cabo favorites- but sadly- they didn't have a drink menu at the pool. I wish they had- when I go somewhere, I love to sample new things- so instead, I found myself looking around to see what everyone else was drinking to get inspired.
All in all- great resort. We even saw turtle eggs hatch and go into the ocean. My husband and I were here (escaping our kids) - and there was a nice mix of couples and families. Not a crazy spring break location- a great getaway.
PS- Make sure you visit San Jose del Cabo--- wonderful artsy authentic Mexican town for shopping. And- we did stand-up paddle boarding (SUP) and snorkeling at the arch in Cabo San Lucas. This was a great excursion and we booked it right in the lobby. Highly recommend these activities!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo