I want to start with the negative because even though it was nothing major, it did set the tone of my vacation. I feel that the hotel being a Hyatt should address constructive criticism as soon as possible to save their respected name. We arrived and I was pleased with the hotel and it is just lovely. However, my check in was awful. I arrived with a large party who joined us on this vacation to celebrate my daughters quince and they all got their rooms as soon as they checked in, but we had to wait over an hour. It was super hot and we were told it would be 20 minutes. We were given refreshments while we waited which was much needed since it was super hot. After 30 minutes my husband went back and told it would be another 20 minutes. We waited and they he went back again and another friend arrived who was on a plane who left after ours did and they got checked in without any trouble. However, WE continued to wait well over an hour and this is totally unacceptable. We finally asked to speak to the manager and he went and got us our key. There was no apology he did not do anything to make us feel better. For example, here is a upgraded room or here is a bottle of wine. Anything would have been a nice gesture.
The second issue is with the air-conditioning system. All my guest had the same issue so it was not just one room. The room was set and guest can't move the temperature to a comfortable temperature. You had to just deal with the set temperature. We thought it was broken so we called and had them come fix it but this never changed the issue. The room would get too hot and uncomfortable. This is something I never dealt with before at a Hyatt.
Now the positive. This hotel is just lovely. Its a very beautiful hotel with a fabulous location and view. My room was nice and I had a beautiful ocean view room. Waking up to this view every morning was amazing. The staff are very nice and friendly. Our cleaning lady did a fabulous job everyday. The food was good at the buffet and they had a good selection. The Japanese restaurant was fabulous. The Martini bar was great and I fell in LOVE with the tamarindo Martinis. The photographer at the photo gallery was great and her pictures were beautiful. The tacos at the Coco Loco were great. The pool was wonderful and we spent most of our days lounging by the pool. We all had a great time at the Hyatt Ziva and it is a great family friendly all inclusive. I would have given it an excellent if it wasn't for the horrible check in and hot room, but other than that it was a fantastic place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo