“My Daughters wedding” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo del Malecon l-5 D, Fonatur Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico (Formerly Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All Inclusive Resort
Ranked #9 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Chicago, Illinois
“My Daughters wedding”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had stay several times when it was Barcelos and we loved it. The new management and service under Hyatt ownership is very poor, it sucked to be honest. It is clear that they are under staff and management needs a lot of training. The floors are dirty the food is not good; at the buffets there is no one there to direct you to a table and if you are having dinner no one picks up your plates or brings a drink. One night there were only two servers for over 100 people, the two servers were trying to keep up but dirty dishes were seating at tables for very long time. All staff looked very unhappy at all times.
BWY they stole an IPhone from one of our wedding guess. We were able with an APP locate the phone to a utility building in the resort, we contacted management and they told us that the only way they could retrieve the phone it was if we file a formal complaint and get the Mexican police involved.
Claudia the manager treated us like criminals and made a point o tell us that we Americas think we can do what we want but in Mexico they have laws. Claudia was very arrogant and condescending as we try to discuss issues.
Those that visit Cabo for the first time may think that this place is fine but trust me there are a lot better and cheaper just next door. Never again
We will NOT recommend this place nor we will ever go back. Worse experience ever in Cabo and we go every year.
P/S some of the employees Hugo pool manager, Carmen and few others were very pleasant and great to interact with.

Room Tip: Free Wifi was super very slow, useless. if you try to pay the $19 per day it does not work and manag...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

668 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We went to do nothing! Just relax! Great time. Food was good. Activities were a blast. Super Saul was really cool. Get to know him and he will lead you in the right direction. And Bryan kept us interested too. Beach volleyball was super fun with a bunch of people we didn't know. We didn't leave the place for 4 days straight and I would've stayed longer if I had time. Only thing I didn't like was that you can't go in the ocean at the hotel. Water is too violent. But the pool bar was enough.

Room Tip: we upgraded for $40 a night to a beach front room. it was worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Queens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My sister treated me to this getaway as a graduation present/girls trip. First the PROS: We stayed at the hotel from July 4th until today July 8th. Our suite was amazing! It was clean,beautifully furnished and comfortable. The food on the resort was delicious. We ate at 3 of the 5 restaurants and the international buffet. The selection of the food was astonishing and everything I ate was yummy. The steak house on the beach was superb!!!' The Japanese restaurant had some of the best sushi I've ever eaten. The French restaurant had mussels in this wine sauce that was to die for and as if that wasn't enough the international buffet had "theme" nights of every food you can think of. Room service was delicious as well. The chicken wings after a night of drinking at the bar was a life saver. Usually at all inclusive resorts the liquor is cheap and makes you sick, but the bars here we're stocked with a mix of top and bottom shelf liquor. Whomever furnished and designed this resort thought about the comfort of their guests. There was numerous places to relax on the resort. The service was good and Eduardo Gonzalez at the international buffet was the BEST waiter. We sat in his section every morning because he was professional and attentive in his service. We're already planning to return with
our significant others next year.

The CONS: This IS a family resort, so if you don't want to be around a lot of children on your vacation this isn't the resort for you. The lack of pool service
at the adult pool was disappointing. The bar in that pool isn't a swim up bar so someone taking our drink orders would've been appreciated. The BIGGEST con is although the resort is on the beach, you can't swim in the water. The current will kill you, so swimming is prohibited as with all the resorts on that strip of beach. You have to take an excursion to some of the other beaches in downtown Los Cabos. The last con is there isn't a night club on the resort. The bar is open all night, but the entertainment and music is over at 11:00 pm. I don't like partying off the resort in a foreign country, so I was
bummed when the party ended at 11pm.

• Stayed July 2014
HyattZivaCabos, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Our main goal is to exceed all our guest expectations, many thanks for sharing your comments.

All our areas were created to make feel our guest like home, we love to provide the best quality and services always with the best attitude and a sincere smile, Eduardo definitely is an example of our passion, we love to serve and pamper all our visitors.

Your comments are our best motivation and help us to improve what we are doing improperly and to offer a better experience.

We are looking forward to see you soon.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed a week at the Hyatt Ziva for my buddies wedding. Overall it was a fantastic opportunity. I have to say it was a perfect blend offering a mix to both families and younger visitors looking for a good time. The food was great and the service even better. There was a night manager there named Carlos who generally ran the outside area. Everyone in my party of 15 agreed that of all the all-inclusives they had been to, Carlos was the one guy who had by far looked after them the best. He was an extremely personable guy, so much so that the bride and groom requested him to be at the wedding. He couldn't leave his post unfortunately, however, he did come by and take pictures with everyone when his shift was over. After meeting him and spending a week in his company I would consider him a friend and would recommend that anyone who attends the Hyatt Ziva, go and say hi and get to know him over the time you spend there. We will likely plan a fishing trip together next time I return to Los Cabos. Without a doubt an amazing guy and made my trip to Los Cabos.

On top of the service, the hotel also had great activities and contacts outside of the hotel through which you could plan different trips off resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind comments and the time you took to write them.

It is pleasant to learn that you had a wonderful time with us, los Cabos is a great place to have fun with your family. We enjoy creating unique experiences and we are happy to hear that you took advantage or the wide variety of activities that this destination has to offer you. Our excursion desk is always attentive to offer best options and recommendations.

Carlos will receive the recognition that he deserves for his excellent customer service. We hope to have another opportunity to host you and your family in the near future.

South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our first time visitng Cabo and so we were nervous about this trip. We made our reservation through booking.com and it worked out great. Luis Villa their e-commerce manager and i communicated through email because i had several questions and he responded right away, service was great from the start. All the hotel staff was great! We are vegetarians and so we were nervous about the food but the chefs made my husband special meals and he loved them all. Carlos the resturant manager was so nice and accomodating. Marabela and Victor were great as well. Our rooms were always clean, room service was great, pool staff was awesome, and so was front desk. One thing for sure it does get cold in the rooms because it is centrally air conditioned so make sure you have extra blankets and people always leave their towels on the pool chairs and never come back. Overall it is a great hotel for families. They have a special kids area too so my 7 and 3 year old boys loved it. Love the hotel and will definitely come back!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay from the first moment, many thanks for mentioning all the staff and their contribution to create a memorable time for you.

Our priority is complete guests satisfaction, we offers a wide variety of activities and areas for all ages, in our restaurants you can enjoy from unique atmospheres and the most delicious plates from all around the world with the best quality and fresh products.

We cannot wait to see you soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I got married at the Hyatt Ziva on May 3rd, 2014. It was the best day of my life and everything went flawlessly with the wedding coordinators, Ariadna and Carmen were amazing! They were a pleasure to work with and made the event memorable with very little stress on the day of. Before arriving at the resort I just didn't know what to expect with a destination wedding with about 50 guests total. I was nervous, but I shouldn't have been worried about anything.
The flowers were beautiful and they made them based on a picture I sent them. The table decorations were also really pretty. We had our ceremony at the gazebo, which was perfect and then the reception by the adult pool so it was quiet and not in the way of other guests. Truly everything was elegant and flowed perfectly.
My only complaints, were that the restaurants don't take reservations and that makes it hard to include larger groups. Which is something I wish they would have worked with us on, knowing that people traveling together would want to dine together. And the French restaurant was pretty bad. Otherwise, all the other food was great and the overall experience was wonderful! I would absolutely recommend this resort for a destination wedding. It may seem hard at first, communicating with people in another Country, but they are on top of everything and were very accommodating.

Room Tip: the suites are spectacular. and you can't beat an ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the Hyatt Ziva Associates we want to thank you for your kind comments and the time you took to share them.

Our Resort is consider the most beautiful Hotel in the area, is simply perfect to celebrate such as an important date as your wedding, we appreciate the time that you took to write your comments. Ariadna and Carmen will receive the mention that they deserve for their contribution to make your wedding as you were planned.

Many thanks for your feedback, your kind comments are our best motivation. We cannot wait to host you again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed there for 5 nights at the end of June. Full disclosure, I am a professional meeting & event planner but I was there for a personal trip. We have visited different areas of Mexico 5-6 times, staying at AI each time. We also traveled to Aruba and DR a few times. We love Mexico and Aruba.

We arrived at about 2 PM, check-in was at 3 PM so weren't able to access our room right away. The actual check-in process was fine not too long. What was missing were suggestions of what to do before we could actually access our room, no mention of restaurants that were open, etc. So, we wandered around found the restaurant that is located on the beach but were told there was a 30 minute wait for lunch so we went back towards the lobby and found the buffet and had a lunch.

Back to the lobby for our room assignment/key. A bit of wait this time around, not enough people to wait on the sudden influx of guests. Oh well. I did notice a small table that held lemonade and cups that we had missed when we were first arrived. This was never pointed out so look for it when you arrive.

Our room was located in the middle building on the right, looking out from the lobby - I can't remember the name. The room was very nice with a bit of an ocean view from our 5th floor balcony. We also had a great view of the Decameron roof and air conditioning units, but we did not feel the need to change, we had what we paid for.

Pools were warm and lovely. Yes, there are a lot of towels on chaises but I think what is confusing is that you don't necessarily have to return your towels once you have finished for the day. You can just leave them and they will be picked up so it makes it seem like every lounge is occupied. We did return our towels each day to help out a little. Yes, the lounges that sit on the water ledges will be gone first especially at the infinity pool. Nature of the beast. Don't sweat it, just relax and enjoy. Side note, the infinity pool is also the activity pool, the best view is also busy, busy, busy.

Restaurants for dinner, we dined at four, the Hacienda Grill which was a buffet. The amount of flies on the food, not good so we did not love our meal there. The service was very good. The Italian, good food, very good service, Japanese, very good sushi but my chicken entree was not edible, all of the chicken was gristle and fat. The service was very good. The French Restaurant was very good, we dined there twice, we liked it so much. The service also very good. Wait times varied but you have the Martini Bar and the lobby bar right there so we relaxed and had a cocktail. I can see how small children would not fare well with the wait. The main buffet is where we had breakfast each day, wonderful selection of items and terrific fresh juices. The Hacienda is also open for lunch. This was my favorite place for this meal, fewer choices than the main buffet but a beach setting! You can opt to have lunch served at your chaise, but I am not a fan of this so we passed.

Drinks, top shelf, you can ask for Grey Goose, it might not be displayed but they do have it. Wonderful perk! The pool bartenders were very creative, Johnathan in particular created two drinks to appeal to our personal preferences, Ivan was very friendly as was Diego.

Our favorite person during breakfast was Wilberth, super friendly and efficient.

The staff in general was friendly, I almost felt there were too few of them at times which really made them hustle.

I did observe one small group while there. They were treated like super VIPs which is what you want when you take a group to a resort.

Things to note, the beach is lovely for a walk, the waves spectacular to watch, definitely can't swim but what a sight! San Jose is very close by, visit if you have time.

Lastly, please tip. We saw very little of this which was disheartening. The staff is working really hard, a few dollars here and there will not be missed by you but it will mean a lot to them.

We would return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your comments and the time you took to write them.

Our main goal is to exceed our guest expectations we are glad that you enjoyed our pools, restaurants, but most of all the service provide by our associates, thank you for the time to mention all of them we will make sure they receive the appropriate recognition.

Your comments and feedback help us to provide better experiences to all our guests. We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Been to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos? Share your experiences!