We had stay several times when it was Barcelos and we loved it. The new management and service under Hyatt ownership is very poor, it sucked to be honest. It is clear that they are under staff and management needs a lot of training. The floors are dirty the food is not good; at the buffets there is no one there to direct you to a table and if you are having dinner no one picks up your plates or brings a drink. One night there were only two servers for over 100 people, the two servers were trying to keep up but dirty dishes were seating at tables for very long time. All staff looked very unhappy at all times.
BWY they stole an IPhone from one of our wedding guess. We were able with an APP locate the phone to a utility building in the resort, we contacted management and they told us that the only way they could retrieve the phone it was if we file a formal complaint and get the Mexican police involved.
Claudia the manager treated us like criminals and made a point o tell us that we Americas think we can do what we want but in Mexico they have laws. Claudia was very arrogant and condescending as we try to discuss issues.
Those that visit Cabo for the first time may think that this place is fine but trust me there are a lot better and cheaper just next door. Never again
We will NOT recommend this place nor we will ever go back. Worse experience ever in Cabo and we go every year.
P/S some of the employees Hugo pool manager, Carmen and few others were very pleasant and great to interact with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo