From the time we got there I knew it was a good choice. I've stayed in Cabo before at some nice places but this place was the real deal. The service was impeccable, and since Hyatt took it over from Barcelo about 6 months ago, they have made a few positive changes to round out the amazingness.
The food was VERY good. For an all inclusive, that was pretty surprising. The drinks were also strong and they had tons of choices. It has been my experience in other AI's that they water down the drinks or give little cups or what have you. Definitely not the case here. Also, the 5 a la carte dinner restaurants and you didn't have to have a reservation for any of them. Some times there was a wait but we just went to the bar and waited. We enjoyed the Japanese restaurant the best, try the Teppanyaki table.
We had a swim up room, which was seriously awesome and worth the upgrade. It was great to not have to fight for a pool chair and to be able to jump in the pool and swim over to the bar. We were in the adult area, but was perfect for us. Although the resort was definitely not overrun with kids. We spent tons of time there. The swim up room was also considered a "premium" room, so there was a special lounge with food and top shelf liquor open all day. It wasn't necessary, but it had a great ocean view so we did go up there a bit. One thing I would recommend Hyatt do is tell you about the premium room upon check in. Had I not read it on Trip Advisor I wouldn't have known!
Also, there was no hassle on time shares, hidden charges, or the things I have heard of happening at other hotels. We checked out and owed nothing. No one asked us to buy anything except the guys on the beach when you went up to them. That was refreshing!
We are already planning a mid September re-visit.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- Grand Baja Resort
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Venere, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.