Myself and my boyfriend were at this resort in December 2013. The time we were there was only at 18% occupancy which I think had to do with the transition from the Barcelo to Hyatt. The only issue we had was having to switch rooms a couple of times due to some problems with the room. We were originally in Building 2 and ended up in Building 3 which we liked much better. We had a room close to the ocean with an awesome view. The room was great and the bed very comfortable. No issues with the room being cleaned or the fridge being restocked daily. The resort is beautiful, we loved the pools and having towels already on the loungers, the beach, scenery and being able to sit around the fire pits at night when it was a little cool, and no reservations for the a la cartes, oh and the Martini bar, best mango martini ever. The food was hit or miss at times, but that might have to do with the low number of people being there, but we always managed to find something to eat if we didn't like something. We did order room service a couple of times and I have to say the salmon was excellecnt. We loved the location and beauty of this place, and to top it off was staff that work here. Everyone from the pool cleaner to the bartenders were so friendly. We have to give a shout out to Hugo the pool manager, he went out of his way to talk to us all the time and make sure everything was alright (hey Hugo, what is the name of your dog again???, lol), Ricardo, Elana (smiley one) and the other waitress (can't remember her name, but we called her smiley two), and a couple of others, again can't remember their names, serving drinks around the pool, so friendly and the drinks were always flowing, and Daniel in the buffet and Fast Eddy the bell boy were too funny. I hope they are all there the next time we come back to this resort and guaranteed we will, and hopefully soon.
We totally enjoyed our stay and cannot wait to return. ENJOY!!!!
Dan and Grace
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- Grand Baja Resort
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Amex, getaroom.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.