We have been to several Mexican all-inclusives and this is by far the best we have ever had. Yes there are things that we could nitpick about and we even had one significant gripe - but this resort is so top-notch, with such friendly and hard-working staff that we have no problems giving it a 5 star rating.
ROOMS: Our Jr. Suite Oceanview room was large, tastefully decorated, had high quality linens and very comforatable beds. The view off the balcony was breath-taking. Overall it may be the best hotel room we have ever experienced.
POOL & BEACH AREA: The pool furniture was comfortable and plentiful Even though the resort was full you could always find lots of available lounge chairs that had comfortable padding. However, if you did want specific chairs, you might have to get up early to get those. The service around the pool area was fantastic. Ricardo's service was so good, I will remember him for years. If you see him make sure you give him a good tip since he is amazing. The pool closest to the ocean is kept very warm and the other one is not heated. While some people complain about that one being too cold, we actually liked it since it allowed us to cool down. Since the nights were cool , we also enjoyed sitting around the firepits at night.
FOOD & RESTAURANTS: Again, these exceeded our expectations. The food was always high quality and the serving staff was extremely attentive. There were 6 a-la-cart resatuarants and there was no limit as to how many times you could use them and were all easy to get into (as long as you didn't eat too late). The food at the buffet restaurants were also very good. We had intended to eat in town once or twice but with everything being so good and convenient, there was no reason to leave the resort. It was rare to find a line-up for food or drinks at this resort. The only minor dissapointment was the steak-house restaurant. But it was probably unrealistic for us to expect that their steaks could measure up to Alberta Beef.
ISSUES: There are less beach activities here then at any of the other Mexican resorts we've been to. The beach is great for taking long walks on but not suitable for swimming. We had booked 2 rooms, One for us and one for our older child and her friend. We had requested our Tour Company to request the room be close together and one to have 2 beds but it appears the Hyatt did not have that recorded. Not sure if the fault lies with the Tour Company (Air Canada Vacations) or the Hyatt. Nonetheless, the Hyatt was quick to rectify this the following day. My largest complaint was the excessive fees the hotel charged for us to simply keep our room a few extra hours. Since our flight did not leave until late evening, we wanted a late checkout on one room only and they wanted $200 USD to accomodate this. We were already entitled to keep our wristbands on until the evening and this still gave them lots of time to clean up the room until our tour flight arrived, so we felt a little bit gouged by this.
Overall this was great value for a great resort and this will be the first resort we will look for when we want to do another Mexican AI.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- Grand Baja Resort
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, getaroom.com, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.