So, this resort was average when it comes to all-inclusive resorts in Mexico. I have stayed in cancun, cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo and huatulco. I have only stayed at Secrets Resorts in these areas so I am used to 5-star properties and amenities. Hyatt service and amenities came in at a 3-3.5. Mainly, the Hyatt clearly lacked attention to detail.
Good location in San Jose del Cabo
Nice private beach
Mostly good restaurants (except for the steakhouse which was disgusting)
Nice adult only pool areas and normal area
Rooms were clean
Steakhouse restaurant was awful! U could tell everything from the meat to the mashed potatoes were frozen before. It was the worst steakhouse experience I have had
Failed remodel. Balcony door did not shut all the way, bathroom door was off hinges, toilet door was off hinges, plug in bathtub did not work, caulking was done half-heartedly and tile grout was dirty.
Service was 2.5-3 star. Secrets resorts have world-class service so I expected more of Hyatt. Front-desk staff had attitude and acted like I was inconveniencing them. It bugged me. Bartenders were also uninterested unless u tipped them after every drink they made u. Beachside service was so slow it was embarrassing, and housekeeping came in even with the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, and they didn't enforce the "Adults Only" pool area. There were many kids there.
Not Adults-Only. The hotel doesn't advertise they are adults-only but because of the Hyatt brand there were MANY children. If u don't want screaming children around through all hours of the day this resort isn't for u.
Room-Service had a VERY limited menu and was sub-par with small portions, especially breakfast.
Other than that I had a decent time. Beware of all the 5-star reviews if you are an all-inclusive beach resort traveler and are used to 5-star amenities.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- Grand Baja Resort
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, getaroom.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.