The hotel itself was absolutely beautiful. There are three separate pools close together, and the beach is only a 10 second walk away from the pools. The rooms were beautiful as well with a ceiling fan, jacuzzi tub and shower, and a beautiful view of the ocean from the balcony. Everything was very clean, and the mini bar was fully stocked with waters, sodas, snacks and beers all the time.
The restaurants were great- you don't have to make reservations for them, and they provide a wide selection of food to eat. The service at all of them were wonderful as well.
As for my negatives- the first day we arrived we had an error with reservations stating it was just for 1 adult rather than 2 (it was a trip for my mom and me for her birthday). After a while I admitted it must have been an error on my end and paid the difference. My mom was asking if they could give us their best room and the response of the manager Caesar was you will be given the room you paid for. It was just horrible horrible service at the front desk. HORRIBLE. Even one of the other guys, I believe his name was Angelo, he was so rude. Everyone there had such a horrible attitude and we were almost thinking of going somewhere else due to them. I haven't checked out yet, but I am sure I will have a problem with them again with that.
Other little things- the air conditioning kept breaking but they would come fix it right away...but then it would break like a few hours later. We used the ceiling fan mainly because of this. The wifi is absolutely horrible- no one in the hotel ( I asked around) was able to get on really unless you were lucky. Also, one of the nights the smoke alarm kept going off at like 3am and when I asked why they said it is sensitive to cigarette smoke. All little things...
Besides the horrible, rude reception members, the hotel was a joy. I would come again but would be prepared for the horrible front desk service.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- Grand Baja Resort
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, getaroom.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.