As the title says, we have been to this resort twice now. Once when it was the Barcelo and again when it just switched over to the Hyatt. Obviously because we have been here twice, there was something bringing us back!
We have always had great friendly service here...
The first time we went, it was for our honeymoon. It was a great stay, although they don't offer much for honeymooners which was kind of disappointing. We had a room upgrade, however there was no balcony! It was disappointing for us because we love to spend time on the balcony.
However, the rooms are very nice here. We ended up getting a room with a balcony on our second stay. This is definitely one of the top resorts for us when it comes to the rooms. Fully stocked with everything, large rooms and very large bathrooms!
This resort also has 2 areas, two pools for everyone in the middle, and one pool on the side of the resort for adults only. This is definitely a nice option if you are looking to get away from the louder pool area. Although not everyone followed the rules of no kids at this pool a couple of times.. It didn't really bother us.
The one complaint I have about this hotel, is every time we have gone there. There has been some large conferences held at the hotel. They typically set up tables etc around the pool area, and at times there is no room to walk or the sun chairs have been moved and squished together to accommodate these large functions. This is a fairly small resort compared to others (which we like), but sometimes when more then 1 conference is there at a time.. It's gets fairly crowded.
No complaints about the food here. The buffet is definitely one of the better buffets we have had a resort. The al la cartes are just as good. The Japanese and Italian are definitely a couple of our favourites. The first time were we here we tried the Seafood Restaurant, and although it's a beautiful view, it definitely wasn't a favourite of ours. Since switching over to the Hyatt, they have made it so you can eat at the al la cartes as many times as you wish. This was a great decision on their behalf.
For nightlife, there is a great martini bar with excellent drinks. It fills up fast though! There is also a piano bar which sometimes has some great talent. This was one of our favourite places to hang out at night. Also a sports bar which we didn't really go to, seemed there was always a rowdy crowd of some sort in and around there.
The spa there, like many other resorts, is fairly pricey. All we did was walk down the beach about five minutes and got massages right on the beach for thirty dollars each! Completely safe and affordable.
We love the location of this resort too. Located in San Jose Del Cabo, this is the cutest little town and definitely not as loud and rowdy as Cabo. Cabo is sure a fun place to go, and only a 15-30 minute cab ride. I believe there are shuttles that go into Cabo from the resort as well...
Overall, we love the resort but because we have been there a couple times already.. We wouldn't stay here again as there are lots of other resorts and places to see. If we had to pick one of our favourites from all the resorts we have been so far.. This one would definitely be close to the top!
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- Grand Baja Resort
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport.Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, Children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront.This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, getaroom.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.